• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Easy Titan kill for wimpy gardeners!

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wanted some flax and the other titan seeds so I raided my hubby's runes ( he is playing WOW till SA) for his weakling's titan kill strategy. I tried it yesterday and it's GREAT for all us unwarrior gardeners!!!!!

Get to the despise titan area (public rune libraries have the place) and run to where the talking globe is on the stairs. Teleport with a rune marking char to the corner by the wall area ( you cant walk there, it is up a step) and mark a rune. ( I make it the runebook default also while fighting there with a non-magery char using chiv for example)

The titans cannot hurt you there but you can kill them from there! Then jump off and gather your loot.

Alternate method he used:

Go to same area and place a bandage there. Use the bandage while fighting to tele there.

I found this really workable and the spawn is lower than the swamps and doesn't have all those other beasties comin' after your a$$

Hope this helps a few of you all.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Just out of curiousity, is it considered an "exploit" to be killing MOBs from a position where they can't touch you? Most MMOs have a rule like that someplace but I don't know for sure if UO has that as one of its rules.

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope Just clever. Suppose you found a hill to shoot from in the wilderness? SAme thing

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of curiousity, is it considered an "exploit" to be killing MOBs from a position where they can't touch you? Most MMOs have a rule like that someplace but I don't know for sure if UO has that as one of its rules.
UO does have a rule about this, it's illegal to trap a mob or attack them from a position where they can't attack you (IE placing a boat and attacking from there). This doesn't apply to magic casting monsters though (I'm pretty sure) so titans should be safe to farm this way. May want to page a GM to make absolutely certain though.

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input. I would never have thought of this issue in a million years! To me it is like teleporting to one of the many hills south of trinsic for instance to do the same thing. Sorry if this method is a problem, I never suspected.

Odd turn this thread has taken huh?