• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Earrings where did they come from.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the earrings today I know ones with bless are +10 to the stats where did the ones here come from? And since the garg players complain to much why are there not a set for them lol
1642121827926.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are pre-AoS Earrings that had Curse charges. Yes, gear used to spawn with negative affixes as well, such as Weaken/Clumsy/Feeblemind/Curse. Shortly after AoS launched, there was a bug where stat buffing/debuffing gear with Charges would permanently retain the stat change when the charges ran out.
Gargoyle's didn't exist back then.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you had to have a skill to tell what magic items were back then as well. its been 20 years since item ID has had a use

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you had to have a skill to tell what magic items were back then as well. its been 20 years since item ID has had a use
Most of us just used Item ID Wands/Gnarled Staves back then to identify gear, not the actual skill. You could just stockpile a bunch of unidentified Wands/Gnarled Staves, then go about equipping them and then double click the Wand/Stave, and click on itself. If it was Item ID, it'd identify itself. So even back then, the skill was pretty worthless.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are pre-AoS Earrings that had Curse charges. Yes, gear used to spawn with negative affixes as well, such as Weaken/Clumsy/Feeblemind/Curse. Shortly after AoS launched, there was a bug where stat buffing/debuffing gear with Charges would permanently retain the stat change when the charges ran out.
Gargoyle's didn't exist back then.
I dont recall and have not seen curse on earrings before on weapons. when you wear them now if I put a ring on with 8 dex it will be just -2 dex 1642213815989.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would agree with PSFTW. I am not going to pretend I remember any of it. But I have a bunch.

They came with positives and negatives.

Notice when there are positives that give a bonus. It matches what the bonus does. Strength gives Bonus to Strength.
Agility gives bonus to Dex. Notice the Bless gives a Bonus to all 3.

Yours being a curse fits that it reduces all 3.

The difference being, when the positive charges run out, the Bonus goes away. But when your Curse charges ran out, the Bonus stayed.
1642217114391.png

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Item was found in a idoc with no changes why I came here. I do have bless items with charges but never seen anything with states like that with out charges

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Item was found in a idoc with no changes why I came here. I do have bless items with charges but never seen anything with states like that with out charges
The charges ran out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if it is a buged item then since when a bless pair runs out it just becomes earrings with no stats.
It sounds like UO devs to leave the negative Bonus'. LOL They have always hated for us to have good stuff.

But I do not remember, would have to find something with curse and Neg Bonus' and take to TC to verify.