• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Earn, don't buy your Sot's (.6 to 1.0) and 105 PS

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If your afraid to go to FEL,
1. Realize you only have to die ONCE. Get to safe area, rez and go about your game play.
2. If you worried about the small loss of Insurance money, don't go.
3. Don't take stuff you cant "afford" to loose.
4. If you don't want that "valuable" pet to loose .1 skill, don't go.

Otherwise, you don't know what your missing out on.

Work the Felucca Dungeons and Lost Lands. (Might be hard on ATL)

Loved Despise Dungeon because always Vermin Spawn (slimes, Ratmen, etc). Each "Dungeon" in Felucca has has its particular spawn. The "Lost Lands" Champs/Alters have random spawns. Pick "your" poison for your toon.

Mage toon, as lowly as it may be.
Hiding, Stealth, Magery, Eval, Med (think Parry and Wrestling) 10 stam only for me.

Lowly mage EQ'd just to get the spawn to follow. (Didnt learn about "PaperDoll" soon enough).
One EQ usually killed most level one spawn. Two or three EQ;s usually killed the level two spawn.
If I managed to kill them off fast enough, had 4 pinks. NOT .1's. or .2 but .6 or better.
Not to mention the 3 or 4 105's that usually dropped in pack also.

Got the pinks and 105's, get out of Champ area by running or stealthing and drop them in secure container. Sure beat's trade run and Tram Champs.

Tamer Mage Hider Stealther Works like a charm.
Vet skills, Hiding Stealth Mage (low eval)

(Lum Lum Lum (-70 stats) for Humilty Gains, must use Invis spell to "hide", and stealth works then.)

Ride around spawn, casting EQ, let spawn catch up to you, rinse repeat until you have hoards following.
Dismount and get pet to kill by your prefered commands or hot keys
Invis and walk around using your prefered method of targeting next target.

Lum Lum Lum (-70 stats) for Humilty Gains, must use Invis spell to "hide", and stealth works then. Stealth around and kill spawn with your favorite hotkeys,
When got the 4 pinks and 105's, lum lum lum, Invis, wait 30 seconds, full stats again. Leave. If you do get raided while lumming, stealth to where Ogre Lords are, lum lum lum, invis, (forget about pet, unless you want to try to save that .1) wait 30 seconds, then stealth out
Humility on pet!!
Seeker: +10 HPR
Follower: +20 HPR
Knight: +30 HPR

Other skills work the same.
Got the pinks and 105's, get out of Champ area by running or stealthing and drop them in secure container. Sure beat's trade run and Tram Champs.

Share you methods please!!

Side note. Go back and work the spawn. Sure, a red might show up. He might kill you. ASK them to work it with you and protect you (if your toon is able to kill champ alone. Tamers yes, Mages maybe not) You will be surprised that most will work with you after they see/kill you enough. They are PVP, some can and some cant finish it alone, so it benefits them also. Ask in General Chat on the off hours for a RED to protect a group of blues, some might take you up on the offer.
You will get to know whom you can trust.

And now you the answer as to why or how someone could sell (or give away) so many low level scrolls and pinks for "8 gold" and be happy about it.

Keep putzing and have a good day.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just get your 105s and 110s from Fel cache maps. You can even get to pick the kind of scrolls that will show up in the chest if they spawn in it.
I stopped doing champ spawns completely after they made it possible to get 105s and 110s out of t-chests in Fel. I can wait and bind the ones I need.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinks come from trade missions, but why would I want those? I use the skill and it increases. Yay me.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just get your 105s and 110s from Fel cache maps. You can even get to pick the kind of scrolls that will show up in the chest if they spawn in it.
I stopped doing champ spawns completely after they made it possible to get 105s and 110s out of t-chests in Fel. I can wait and bind the ones I need.
Thanks for sharing that information. Maybe more T Hunters will go do FEL treasure maps.

Keep putzing and have a good day.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't do tmaps, but what would get me to play in Felucca is if they had a Treasures of Tokuno type event.
Any creature has a chance to drop a cursed minor arti to turn in for a major arti or powerscrolls.

Still a risk to be attacked, but having it spread out through all of Felucca would bring me and I bet many others.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find the pink drops on champs ridiculously low. I'll complete an entire champ spawn and get zero or one pink. SOLO.

Those things should drop like candy and they need to get rid of all the crap ones. No one wants a camping pink.

Its far easier to do tmaps and get pinks and really alacrity scrolls are far more valuable than a pink. An alacrity can give you a .2 to .5 gain on your very first attempt assuming you are due a ggs gain. Plus the timer stays in effect when you log so....

Eat scroll. Get GGS gain (.2 to .5).
Log out in safe place.
Log back in when GGS timer is ready again.
Rinse and repeat.

I can get 3.0 to 5.0 of skill gain of a single blue taming alacrity. Way better than a pink.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm with @Theo_GL I can do a ton of spawns and never get a pink... I get way more from T-Maps and well the paintings.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I on rare occasions will do the first 10 or so candles of a Fel spawn. Then, I leave, and yell out to any Fel resident on general chat that I've got the spawn up to the third level of spawn, and that it's all theirs.

Frankly, though, it's more fun doing a Fel T-map. Doing one that in the Fel Yew housing area can be a little paranoia-inducing. Fel maps are easy enough to get by fishing in Fel, then hopefully getting caches from the supplies, hoards from the caches, and troves from the hoards. But that's the fact that I've been the THB guildmaster on my shard for nearly 15 years.

What is a neat Fel trick is that if you're a friend to the Solens in Tram, you can do the Ambitious Queen quest in Fel for the balls and bags, without losing your Tram friend status, as the bugs are the opposing colors.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fel maps are easily attainable by just having a house in Fel and putting one of those nice map bearing rugs in it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i remember correctly, SoT drop chance is influenced by Luck. Might want to use a 10th Anniversary Luck Sculpture when farming for SoTs. Although, i do find SoAs to be more useful for the most part.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you really want to rack on pinks, go do Fel Corgul with a secondary account running protection.
Fel Corgul is pretty much a pink ATM machine.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did this stupid silly post just cause the price of "SKULL RUGS" to skyrocket??

Have a good day and keep putzing.