• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] eagle in bag on legends

T

Tasatail

basically the item is an tamed eagle in the bag i have never seen this and can only assume i have had for long time was going through some my older chars not used for while and i found a tamed eagle in a bag

the bag itsself weight 0 stone has one item when opened has statue/pic of eagle and it says tame on it could anyone give me a price check on this

feel free icq me on 282828959

K

Kratos Aurion

I do believe they are illegal to own and deleted on sight. Although I can't quite confirm that, I do believe it was mentioned before on stratics.

K

Kratos Aurion

this isn't just a statue in a box, then, Kratos?
No they were created using exploits just like everything else. I just don't know how :lick:

*note* statues and other items (lanterns, stretched hide, 2 story statue, etc) placed in boxes have a 255 stone weight limit. Note the eagle in the box has a 0 stone weight limit. There are also other animals that were created in the same manner. I think theres another form of this exploit with a dog or cat in a box.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there was a script that pretty much made your pet at the time get stuck in your paperdolls backpack and the backpack then was removed from the char.

It is illegal to own and I have known people to get perma banned for owning these.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VALUE ZERO IAM afraid... dont wanna get caught and account banned because of it.....

R

rajadeah

I pulled a few or those from an idoc about a year ago and paged about them and the GM couldnt tell me if they were legal to own and keep and just said use my own judgement so in the trash they went.

T

Tasatail

i know someone who sold mare one i just did not know if they were still illegal ect

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now just because something is illegal to own DOES NOT mean it is worth nothing. Sadly some people would pay alot to have something like that. Since you mentioned you have that eagle in a bag. I would destroy it.

K

Kratos Aurion

Now just because something is illegal to own DOES NOT mean it is worth nothing. Sadly some people would pay alot to have something like that. Since you mentioned you have that eagle in a bag. I would destroy it.
Totally true. There are players that collect all rares legal or not. Most of those museums will be private. I can't really say its a crime to collect old exploited items but you know what you're getting into when you make the purchase.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to get a clear answer on the true legality of these items.

Until then.. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm trying to get a clear answer on the true legality of these items.

Until then.. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK
In my opinion, old exploited items that don't pose a threat to game play should be fine. If you think about it the 255 stone weight boxed items are legalized exploits. Sigil items are legal now. Tree ornament jewelry is legal. HTML items are legal.

While I do believe items like the animals in a bag should be legalized, this shouldn't encourage people TO exploit. Everytime EA deems an item legal to own, it encourages people to exploit more. This is why I think EA should have a stand against exploit created items at the same time.

So I guess you can say I'm indifferent to the situation. If EA decided to delete all exploit created rares I wouldn't really mind. But if they do choose to legalize exploited rares they need to be careful at how they approach it.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, old exploited items that don't pose a threat to game play should be fine. If you think about it the 255 stone weight boxed items are legalized exploits. Sigil items are legal now. Tree ornament jewelry is legal. HTML items are legal.

While I do believe items like the animals in a bag should be legalized, this shouldn't encourage people TO exploit. Everytime EA deems an item legal to own, it encourages people to exploit more. This is why I think EA should have a stand against exploit created items at the same time.

So I guess you can say I'm indifferent to the situation. If EA decided to delete all exploit created rares I wouldn't really mind. But if they do choose to legalize exploited rares they need to be careful at how they approach it.
Well, if I remember right, this certain script sent packages to the server to confuse it and make your characters paperdoll backpack fall to the ground with stabled animals in it. So it did more than just use game mechanics to exploit like sigil and html stuff.

N

NewThunder

basically the item is an tamed eagle in the bag i have never seen this and can only assume i have had for long time was going through some my older chars not used for while and i found a tamed eagle in a bag

the bag itsself weight 0 stone has one item when opened has statue/pic of eagle and it says tame on it could anyone give me a price check on this

feel free icq me on 282828959
Not to long ago my guildmates and I found one at an IDOC, paged a GM and they deleted it. You do not want to have this item, the only purpose it can serve is to get your account banned.