• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA TAKE MY MONEY

• Thread starter imported_Skrag
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Skrag

So I'm at the game code store trying to buy a transfer, and the stupid thing STILL refuses to admit that my account exists. Come on, what sort of amateur crap IS this? It worked for me a few months ago.

EDIT: Tried using my friend's account info. It says his account is too new, even though he's been playing for nine years. Ahahah. This is pathetic. Hey Jeremy, is EA notcing a decline in revenue from token sales? Maybe it's because YOU WON'T LET PEOPLE BUY THEM.

EDIT #2: If EA doesn't want my money, then so be it. Can someone name a reputable gold seller? I'll buy the gold and use that to buy a token in Luna or somewhere.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know.. I still cannot buy codes... Had to get my Xfer tokens with gold.... would of rather saved some of the gold.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem with my main account. Luckily for me, I have other accounts I can use to buy stuff for my main account.

T

TheGwy

I ALWAYS have that problem at the the game code store, never can I buy anything, must always get somebody else to buy for me and paypal them the money, no clue why...

I

imported_Skrag

I bought some gold. I spent it on gear instead of a token. Hey EA, your crappy website just lost you a sale.

G

LOL i just posted a similar event. You must have got the processing error #24 that I got. Since EA has taken over this game it has gone in the toilet. Maybe we should start a revolution and try to organized a player owned UO LMAO.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

LOL i just posted a similar event. You must have got the processing error #24 that I got. Since EA has taken over this game it has gone in the toilet. Maybe we should start a revolution and try to organized a player owned UO LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny. My friend just tried to buy an ML code so he could do dreadhorns with me and UOgamecodes said his account was too new, which made sense cuz its like a week old, but still... why don't you want his money?

So he calls in to EA to buy one, they sell him one. Now he is getting some error message when he tries to use the code so it doesn't work at all.

High Five to EA - you get a new subscriber and you won't let him spend his money.

Good job!

G

I was just trying to make a purchase. Many times I tried to place the storage uprade/7th character slot into the cart, but it wouldn't add. It would accept a legacy token though.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

So I'm at the game code store trying to buy a transfer, and the stupid thing STILL refuses to admit that my account exists. Come on, what sort of amateur crap IS this? It worked for me a few months ago.

EDIT: Tried using my friend's account info. It says his account is too new, even though he's been playing for nine years. Ahahah. This is pathetic. Hey Jeremy, is EA notcing a decline in revenue from token sales? Maybe it's because YOU WON'T LET PEOPLE BUY THEM.

EDIT #2: If EA doesn't want my money, then so be it. Can someone name a reputable gold seller? I'll buy the gold and use that to buy a token in Luna or somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

The very reason I am totally pissed at EA.. they need to hire a new website developement team/netowrk manager to fix the damn thing.

G

Well I can feel your pain, in the same boat too.

To bad we will not get any kind of reply here. or if we do, it will only be something like "we have not seen any problems over on uogametimecodes, if you are experiencing a problem, submit a feedback and be as exact as possible."

G

I was thinking about getting the Storage Upgrade, but I'm afraid to even try now.

R

Repowski

I used that site to buy my ML upgrade, and it worked fine...

Haven't tried with anything else. But if there are this many people... then yes, it sounds like maybe they're having issues with their site.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

Seriously, EA, your codes website is a disgrace. Someone is just plain not doing their job over there.

I

imported_Skrag

BUMP

I want an EA representative to tell us customers why their website is broken and has remained so.

G

I remember that Old Accounts (really old ones) you need to add "uo" and underscore in front of your username. Have you tried this?

Example, if your UO Account username is "orvago" you may need to type in "uo_orvago" to be recognized.

Try this, if that fails, report back and let us know so when this is reviewed by an EA Official, that problem can be ruled out right away.

Also, further bumps will be removed. Please only post back if in constructive response to someone or you have more information to deliver. Thanks! *smiles*

Edit Notes: updated to be correct, thanks Basara! *smiles*

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its never a good sign when a company is not interested in fixing something that brings them income. If they wont fix something that is a cash generating cell and a most definite profit center (lets face it , selling pixels is a good gig) what chance do we have of any bugs being fixed and large systematic problems being addressed?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Its never a good sign when a company is not interested in fixing something that brings them income. If they wont fix something that is a cash generating cell and a most definite profit center (lets face it , selling pixels is a good gig) what chance do we have of any bugs being fixed and large systematic problems being addressed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
isn't it "UO_" not just an underscore, before the account name?

G

<blockquote><hr>

isn't it "UO_" not just an underscore, before the account name?

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yes, you are right! I searched the archives and found a couple posts, but I still couldn't find an EA Staffers post on this, might be searching the wrong parameters.

The user posts I found (and my refreshed memory) state it is to add "uo_" prefixed on old account usernames. I am not sure if Capitalization makes a difference. I'd try both, "uo_" and "UO_".

Let us know if this solves the problem or not, Skrag.

I

imported_Skrag

Beats me, I've started doing all such transactions through a third party. At this point I don't even care.