• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Founders

G

Since we are now considered founders of EA-Land will there be another Founders 'icon' on our bio or will we just know because of the lava lamp. If so, then the newbies would not know who the founders are in the game unless they enter the lots and find the lava lamp. Anyone have any idea?

G

Go1die

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get a Founder Icon too. I think it was easy back then because Founder accounts just had to be created to receive the icon, but tons of us are already registered which is probably why they're doing the Lava Lamp. Just my two simoleans, though.

P

Pauline

Although it would be nice to have a founder icon. I don't expect to get one. I think it's just the lava lamps, which we should happily settle for
Just make sure you play the card matching game every week to obtain ALL the colors!

S

Sean Kendrick

That would be cool if we got a lava lamp icon for our EAL Founder account. Maybe it could display the same color of the lamp we received.

P

Pauline

<blockquote><hr>

That would be cool if we got a lava lamp icon for our EAL Founder account. Maybe it could display the same color of the lamp we received.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play the game good, the lamp wont just show 1 color but multiple colors actually.

G

It would be cute to see the current founder icon holding onto the lava lamp with numerous colors. Like the statue of liberty with her torch.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

Since we are now considered founders of EA-Land will there be another Founders 'icon' on our bio or will we just know because of the lava lamp. If so, then the newbies would not know who the founders are in the game unless they enter the lots and find the lava lamp. Anyone have any idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all that I could find on the matter - hope its useful!
EA Land Founder

O

oXTheSicknessXo

Not to sound snobby but personally, I think that the people like me that were there for TSO before EA Land even existed should get a EA Land Founders icon. Besides, Most of the older founders are gone

T

turtleface

I'm annoyed because I can't even get INTO the game to get this new lava lamp thingy. Through no fault of my own, I won't be able to have a nice founder thing... even though i was playing ea land from day one. I wish they'd taken problems like that into account... I know i'm not the only one having major problems.

K

krazykara

I was wondering that too.
I also wondered about some of the founders who don't have lots or have a lava lamp. How would one know if they are EA Land founders?

I haven't had much luck with the cards myself. Does that mean when this game is over am I out of lava lamp luck? Hopefully, playing along one still can get a lamp.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was wondering that too.
I also wondered about some of the founders who don't have lots or have a lava lamp. How would one know if they are EA Land founders?

I haven't had much luck with the cards myself. Does that mean when this game is over am I out of lava lamp luck? Hopefully, playing along one still can get a lamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i have read and understand, ALL EA Land founders will receive a white lava lamp regradless if they play the card game,,those that play the game and collect the different colors will also receive those colors in their lamp,,i could be wrong but thats how i understood it to be,

V

vapd3317

Thats what I read also, along with the fact that you don't need to take them out of inventory, so owning a lot shouldnt be an issue

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
A simple solution would be to give all the founders the icon we have now for being a founder of TSO, but if you are a founder of both TSO and EA Land your icon is a gold one and if you are a founder of just EA Land the icon would be colored white.

R

redsimmy

<blockquote><hr>

Not to sound snobby but personally, I think that the people like me that were there for TSO before EA Land even existed should get a EA Land Founders icon. Besides, Most of the older founders are gone

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't sound snobby to me... *polishes red simmy statue.* It wouldn't be right if everyone got a founder icon.

P

philw1

Think it stinks that they didn't wait for AV and BF to merge so all the original founder sims still alive could be double founders

V

vapd3317

the game will be going on for a few weeks still. I see no reason why you couldn't trade your cards and completion certificates to your old founders once they merge over.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Think it stinks that they didn't wait for AV and BF to merge so all the original founder sims still alive could be double founders

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the actual EA Land founder doohickey is to be a plague..... um...a plaque that you can hang on your wall (according to a blog post from a while back).
And all players up to the (I think) Amnesty date will be included.

V

vapd3317

I know the Plaque was mentioned, but not so sure thats what is happening anymore.

The blog concerning the lava card game states that the lamp is a founders lava lamp and references the previous founders icon. This makes me believe that the lamp is the EAland founder symbol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the actual EA Land founder doohickey is to be a plague..... um...a plaque that you can hang on your wall (according to a blog post from a while back).
And all players up to the (I think) Amnesty date will be included.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_debslee

For me, I dont understand the issue here. If you were a founder of the original production cities and you never chose to (as everyone who has an account had an option) create a sim in EA Land and become a "beta tester", why is there a gripe? Why would you want "double founder status"? Your original sim status in production cities will always over ride those sims created in EA Land. Why are you looking for double recognition - you got the "status" in production cities and if you dont create a sim in EA Land then that is your own choosing. I really dont see the issue at all - unless I am missing something?

O

oXTheSicknessXo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't sound snobby to me... *polishes red simmy statue.* It wouldn't be right if everyone got a founder icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying everyone should get a founder icon. Just us people who were involved with tso before EA Land was ever in production. I've been playing since 2003 and I would appreciate something that I could be acknowledged as. I've put a lot of blood sweat and tears to this game..

N

nobuttkisser

Sorry to bust your bubble lol, TSO have been, are, and ALWAYS will be the "Original Founders" mainly because the game TSO didn't die, it merely transformed itself into EA Land. thus, we STILL carry the original Founder's Icon.

Now since you are the few who decided to "jump ship" and ride the rails of the bullett train forsaking all that you had lol you "MIGHT" be considered founders once removed lol.

When the original game players who decided to wait are transplanted into the new wide mapped game with hat, hand basket, groceries, and property lol we won't have to hunt to live with others nor build properties for the properties will come in tact or so that what the devs say.

hmmmm good things DOES come to those who wait

O

oXTheSicknessXo

TBH, EA-Land IS brand new and IN beta TSO has nothing to do with it but just being hosted..

G

The way I see it the TSO founders didn't to 'work' for their founder icon. Just meaning that the icon was issued if you started playing before a certain. The icon and bam...your a founder. As cool as the lava lamp sounds there is no way of showing that you are a 'founder' of Ea Land. Only way to know would be to go into into the lot and hopefully they are sitting out because there is nothing distinguishing you(founder) and them (non-founder). I would like to see them let us take a vote on how the icon should look (if we get one). That would make me feel part of the coomunity that founded Ea Land.

G

I like the idea of making the EA Land icon white and changing TSO founders to gold.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<u>The way I see it the TSO founders didn't to 'work' for their founder icon.</u> Just meaning that the icon was issued if you started playing before a certain. The icon and bam...your a founder. As cool as the lava lamp sounds there is no way of showing that you are a 'founder' of Ea Land. Only way to know would be to go into into the lot and hopefully they are sitting out because there is nothing distinguishing you(founder) and them (non-founder). I would like to see them let us take a vote on how the icon should look (if we get one). That would make me feel part of the coomunity that founded Ea Land.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't tell *me* we didn't work for it!
You obviously weren't around at the time.
Where do you get off making such a ridiculous statement???

D

dinaj

I personally do not care nor understand what the big deal is about a founder icon. I never saw a sim with a founder icon and thought, omg ,wow they have more status than I do. They did however earn it by being beta testers. It is just a symbol and at the end of the day you are still playing the same game everyone else is.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

The only thing the little 'Flag Holder' shows is that the player/account was around back in the day when bugs were a plenty, rollbacks and other such nonsense. It shows they lived through it and are still around. (It would be nice to designate a difference though. Maybe a platinum flag for TSO Founders and a gold flag for EAland founders?)

We are ALL going through it again and anyone playing right now and sticking with it....ALL deserve to be considered founders too. I'm certainly glad this decision is left to the fair mindedness of our devs and not to players. Pettiness makes me feel ill.

I refused to play my founder for years soley because of some of the stuck up founder snobs I met. Some founders have made themselves look rather foolish with the way they act and talk.

I have this on one of my founder sim's bio and it's something that everyone should think about: "It's not the age of the sim that matters, it's the heart and soul that each player gives the game that truly makes them great."

That 1 week old sim has just as valuable a contribution to make to the game as much as the oldest sim on the game has.

D

dinaj

beautifully stated, I couldnt agree more and pettiness and snobs are what gave me that I do not care attitude.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I personally do not care nor understand what the big deal is about a founder icon. I never saw a sim with a founder icon and thought, omg ,wow they have more status than I do. They did however earn it by being beta testers. It is just a symbol and at the end of the day you are still playing the same game everyone else is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well gee - thanks so much for your support - if that's what it was.

It always kills me to read a post saying "I don't care.", and yet, they care enough to *tell* everyone they don't care.

G

You misunderstood me. When i said that the TSO founders didn't work for I meant they didn't have to run around and do things like trade or anything of that nature. The founder is well deserved because the users were there when the game first started.

BTW - I was there during beta. I've been playing since Nov. '02! So yeah I do care!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only thing the little 'Flag Holder' shows is that the player/account was around back in the day when bugs were a plenty, rollbacks and other such nonsense. It shows they lived through it and are still around. (It would be nice to designate a difference though. Maybe a platinum flag for TSO Founders and a gold flag for EAland founders?)

We are ALL going through it again and anyone playing right now and sticking with it....ALL deserve to be considered founders too. I'm certainly glad this decision is left to the fair mindedness of our devs and not to players. Pettiness makes me feel ill.

I refused to play my founder for years soley because of some of the stuck up founder snobs I met. Some founders have made themselves look rather foolish with the way they act and talk.

I have this on one of my founder sim's bio and it's something that everyone should think about: "It's not the age of the sim that matters, it's the heart and soul that each player gives the game that truly makes them great."

That 1 week old sim has just as valuable a contribution to make to the game as much as the oldest sim on the game has.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the one that hurts - I didn't expect this from you, Dutch.
In one fell swoop, you and dinaj have relegated the contributions of the founders to the dustbin of "inconsequential".
You speak of "pettiness" but fail to see your own pettiness in the smug, condescending, dismissive tone of your post.

In my time, I have run skill houses for sims to skill, money houses for sims to earn, stores for sims to shop. I have answered thousands of questions, helped new players with money and objects, gone out of my way to explain many different aspects of the game, tested many of the different features and objects of the game.

This may not entitle me to any special bragging rights, but I'll be damned if I'll stay quiet while someone - anyone - says that I got an icon by standing around with my thumb up my exhaust.
I don't expect anyone to bow down at my feet, or sing praises. I'm not saying I deserve any more respect than anyone else - EVEN the week old player - but, a little less disrespect would be nice.

G

Agreed. I missed out on being a founder by 1 month. I started back in Feb 2003. Having that founder statue does not give someone the respect right off the bat. But, when I first started and saw that, I knew it was someone who might help me out. And every person I spoke to helped me out by answering questions. I had original founders take me in as a roomie to help me make alittle money and earn some skills. Founders do deserve respect because they went through the worst times of TSO. Bugs were all over the place back then. If I remember correctly (This is 5 years ago) there were DAYS where I could not log in because there were issues. I kept paying and hoped for the best.

I think you guys are right that any account that was active before the opening of EA Land should get some kind of icon. The fact of the matter is, it is a little bit of recognition for all of us that have dealt with the issues and we are still here. Not to take anything away from the original founders, but we are now going through something like what they did. The bugs are back and some of them are the same and yet some very new and different ones.

O

oXTheSicknessXo

*sigh* Forget it. I just came to a point in my head today that
you know what? I really dont care that I didnt get a founders icon. I do admit it was kind of snobby for me to even say it. The people who really deserve it were the people who were there for EA Games before TSO even came out. I myself am just proud of the fact that I am still playing this game after 5 years and still contributing to it by helping new people to this addition to TSO. I think its about time a mod locked this thread before the flamming starts to get worse..

G

Agreed. We are all family here and no one needs to lose their cool over this issue. In reality it is a non issue. The truth is, the "founder" icon isn't as important as the person behind the sim.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I respect every founder that has respect for every other player in the game. I also respect 'unflagged' players that do the same.

I do not however respect founders that break their own arms trying to pat themselves on the back and disrespect the contributions made by other players simply because they do not have flags.

(Edited to shorten statement)

You know Donovan? There are still many great 'flounders' or 'nearly' founders that are more than helpful. There are also some that are 'almost founders' that fit into that same category. But there are many 'younger' players that are filling those very same shoes now too.

And I'm sorry but there are some rotten smucks of founders out there too.

What about all the 'amnesty' people coming back and reactivating their accounts? There are many 'founders' that will be coming out of the abyss of inactivity to reclaim their 'flags' and they haven't even been here for how many years? Their accounts will have flags just because they happened to have 'created' an account back then? Is that fair to all the 3 year olds that are around and have been around helping to keep the light bill paid?

I support a fair and equitiable bestowal of EAland Foundership on all active players currently residing in TSO/EAland.

I also support the fair and equitale bestowal of 'Special Founder' status on active 'founders' currently residing in TSO/EAland.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they aren't founders at all. A lot of original founders that quit the game sold their accounts just because ppl wanted to have the status of the the little flag icon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I respect every founder that has respect for every other player in the game. I also respect 'unflagged' players that do the same.

I do not however respect founders that break their own arms trying to pat themselves on the back and disrespect the contributions made by other players simply because they do not have flags.

(Edited to shorten statement)

You know Donovan? There are still many great 'flounders' or 'nearly' founders that are more than helpful. There are also some that are 'almost founders' that fit into that same category. But there are many 'younger' players that are filling those very same shoes now too.

And I'm sorry but there are some rotten smucks of founders out there too.

What about all the 'amnesty' people coming back and reactivating their accounts? There are many 'founders' that will be coming out of the abyss of inactivity to reclaim their 'flags' and they haven't even been here for how many years? Their accounts will have flags just because they happened to have 'created' an account back then? Is that fair to all the 3 year olds that are around and have been around helping to keep the light bill paid?

I support a fair and equitiable bestowal of EAland Foundership on all active players currently residing in TSO/EAland.

I also support the fair and equitale bestowal of 'Special Founder' status on active 'founders' currently residing in TSO/EAland.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want to sing the praises of those people - fine, I don't disagree. Credit where credit is due, and all that.
And if you have a problem with some of the original founders - that's ok too.
But, when you paint us *all* with the same brush, there is nothing "respectful", "equitable", or "fair" about it.

If you don't mean to include every founder in your statements, then you should choose your words more carefully.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

How am I painting all with the same brush?

Are you practicing selective reading? You've totally got me confused? .....MORE COFFEE!!!!

Let me 'reword'....

There are good founders and bad founders. Not everyone is a good one....not everyone is a bad one.

And like back in the 'old' days, younger account holders have also been being very helpful. It would be interesting to hear from some of the newer players that have personally been assisted greatly by younger sims that are say maybe only 1 or 2 years old and are not founders?

What's not fair about a special founder icon for original founders and a different one for EAland founders? Just like back then, there were some that slipped in at the last moment and got icons but where not there for the whole thing.

Why make a big tado over who is or is not eligible for an EAland founder icon? There will have to be a cut off date and the person that makes an account the day before obviously gets lucky. Big deal?

G

BTW - It has already been stated, over and over, that all sims that are currently in the game are considered EA Land Founders, with all benefits that apply.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

BTW - It has already been stated, over and over, that all sims that are currently in the game are considered EA Land Founders, with all benefits that apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...they are going to give us benefits? Life and health insurance? Maybe innuities? Sick leave and VACATION PAY!!!!

88I'm done with this subject because I don't think you understand me or you are taking me the wrong way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How am I painting all with the same brush?

Are you practicing selective reading? You've totally got me confused? .....MORE COFFEE!!!!

What's not fair about a special founder icon for original founders and a different one for EAland founders? Just like back then, there were some that slipped in at the last moment and got icons but where not there for the whole thing.

Why make a big tado over who is or is not eligible for an EAland founder icon? There will have to be a cut off date and the person that makes an account the day before obviously gets lucky. Big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Selective reading"?
No, I'm not.
Nowhere have I said anything about EA Land Founders. This is only about TSO.
In other threads I have made other posts in support of icons for EA Land Founders just as you have described.
One in this very thread, in fact.

My complaint is the "so what?" attitude you and and others seem to have towards the contributions of the original founders. You seem to think that because some were/are jerks that skated into the game, then *all* of us are.

G

Not that it matters. I knew exactly what you meant in your post. So many people on these boards take a simple post and twist it into something nasty. That really grinds my gears!

H

Honey Doo

Same Subject... Founder's Lava Lamp... New quesyion, lol

Ok many of you reading this just might call me silly pretty sure I messed up...
I have multi accounts, I put all the matches on 1 account.... was that a great big fat DOH!!! ?? lol

any help?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. This is basically how I feel too, and I *am* a founder. When I went off hiatus I reactivated my 2nd account instead of my first and as a result do not have the founder's icon. Yeah, I noticed it for about 2 or 3 minutes, contemplated closing this one an reopening the other, but just didn't. I don't think the icon is that important. The newbies will flock to those that have the knowledge to answer their questions, they won't look first to see who has founder icons and who doesn't.

I do feel bad that the free players are seemingly being left out if they don't use the ATMs. EA sent out that e-mail stating that players would get full amnesty if they activated their accounts before the 8th, even if they came back as a free account....true founder status in EA Land wasn't mentioned, but they are playing this beta version just like we are...putting up with the bugs, dealing with limited play in EAL, etc. etc. etc. and for the most part are not the major complainers, so I feel they should get founder status just like the premium players do if they bother to log into EAL at all knowing how limited their play is there. I know they are not spending any money on the game at this given time, but neither did we original founders till the game went 'Live' so excluding them on that basis just seems kinda illogical. We didn't pay RL$ for our founder status, yet they are gonna have to pay RL money for theirs, by using the ATMs to obtain the cards. Doesn't seem right, IMO.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Well, I think it's been stated previously that probably the 'Old TSO' Founders would probably get a special icon. So technically speaking it is having a 'double' founder notation.

I have to wonder what happened to the Founder Lot thing went and if that's still in the works.

Basically, there are a lot of things still hanging out in the air waiting for us all to be in one place so they may be applied.

Like Parizad said...she has so much 'stuff' for us that we'll be yelling for her to stop. (Which I can't imagine doing.)

But I do support all sims regardless of whether they are created in EAland or moved from a production city should receive EAland founder status. Current Beta Founders still in the game should receive some kind of special founder status regardless of if they moved to EAland or created new ones.

(Basically what I've said previously in my other posts.)

Let's ask Parizad to give us an idea of what is planned and a basic timeline and then we'll know what is missing that we'd like to ask for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I think it's been stated previously that probably the 'Old TSO' Founders would probably get a special icon. So technically speaking it is having a 'double' founder notation.

I have to wonder what happened to the Founder Lot thing went and if that's still in the works.

Basically, there are a lot of things still hanging out in the air waiting for us all to be in one place so they may be applied.

Like Parizad said...she has so much 'stuff' for us that we'll be yelling for her to stop. (Which I can't imagine doing.)

But I do support all sims regardless of whether they are created in EAland or moved from a production city should receive EAland founder status. Current Beta Founders still in the game should receive some kind of special founder status regardless of if they moved to EAland or created new ones.

(Basically what I've said previously in my other posts.)

Let's ask Parizad to give us an idea of what is planned and a basic timeline and then we'll know what is missing that we'd like to ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]
All the worry about whether or not players will get 'Founder' status for EA Land, is absolutely groundless.
As I said numerous times - the devs have said in so many words that all current subscription players are considered Founders. Read Pari's post on the lava lamp game.
NOIP
Also, notice the wording in that post - she does NOT say the lamp is *the* Founder object, only that it is *a* Founder object (I don't have the exact quote handy).

G

<blockquote><hr>

A lot of non founders of TSO have helped the game as much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know.
Where did I say they haven't?