• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA / Jeremy: Why are some animals more equal than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zofinur

@EA & Jeremy: Why are some players more equal than others? Why do EA representative tell me "we cannot discuss what items were in your possession at the time of your account termination" but others ppl were allowed to discuss their ban?

(For those who dont now the cite: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" is from the Animal Farm by George Orwell)

So, finally i talked to somebody who was unbanned.
I was asked, and of course i promised to keep the details private.

But it´s confirmed now, that some ppl were able to discuss their ban with an EA representative. And even managed to get unbanned!

Means: An EA representative did tell them which items were claimed to be illegal. And by naming the source (vendor/seller) it was possible to get an account unbanned.

Oh and no need to flame: Please set me on ignore, and u will never see one of my posts again!

This is not to discuss my ban in the public!
This is not to get my account unbanned!
This is to demonstrate how customers are handled on a case to case base....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and no need to flame: Please set me on ignore, and u will never see one of my posts again!

I would rather you were banned, for yet again bringing this up. But I"m not a mod here, although I did stay at Holiday Inn Express!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it had to do with the number of items they had. Those seen as a higher risk may have been given the cold shoulder for fear of letting actual dupers/duper friends know what the ban criteria was. Which would of course only help those who dupe. But that doesn't help you or Lucy, sadly.

Wenchy

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(For those who dont now the cite: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" is from the Animal Farm by George Orwell)
Animal Farm should have answered your question for you :lick:

Nothing in life is equal or fair. Never is and never has been and never will.

It is also easier and cheaper in regards to customer service to just have one policy and say that is what they stick with, even if it's not.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or Perhaps it was the manner you went about it? Hostile customers generally get the short end of the stick.

R

RedDaTeef

If you told the Indian customer service guy how to dupe, he would unban yer acct. This is only a rumor.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. Incredibly inept for not banning every account owned by the banned players.

Y

Yalp

aye.. horribly managed customer service in the game has really created this poisonous atmosphere.... wonder how long before we all succumb?

R

RenaLynne

@EA & Jeremy: Why are some players more equal than others? Why do EA representative tell me "we cannot discuss what items were in your possession at the time of your account termination" but others ppl were allowed to discuss their ban?

So, finally i talked to somebody who was unbanned.
I was asked, and of course i promised to keep the details private.

But it´s confirmed now, that some ppl were able to discuss their ban with an EA representative. And even managed to get unbanned!

Means: An EA representative did tell them which items were claimed to be illegal. And by naming the source (vendor/seller) it was possible to get an account unbanned.

This is not to discuss my ban in the public!
This is not to get my account unbanned!
This is to demonstrate how customers are handled on a case to case base....
Meaning...that if you had people to rat out you could be given a lighter sentence? LOL, rediculous.:hahaha:

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather you were banned, for yet again bringing this up. But I"m not a mod here, although I did stay at Holiday Inn Express!!
I agree. At the very least this post and future ones of the same nature should quickly be locked and shoved in the rants section.

K

Kith Kanan

and I think trolls like you too should get banned for trolling....

Zof I'm not surprised if thats true ... Guesse I should get back on the phone again ......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is a UO fan site, not an official Mythic or EA forum. We are grateful for the Mythic folks for visiting here and sharing info, visiting or what not.

This however is not the forum to take up such grievances. Being banned from the game is between the player and Mythic/EA. Nothing can be accomplished by fighting that battle here. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.