• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Help out Mages give us parry back

• Thread starter Rumpelstiltskin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Rumpelstiltskin

I would like suggest removing the dex cap for parry so mage's have a chance against archers....

80% of pvp is now archers and its really hard for mage's to stay competitive with dismounts shots double hits,

my changes,

1.) Remove the dex penalty so all classes can run parry...
2.) put in mage shields, like 20 mage sc shield
3.) Give the parry skill come special moves like evasion, and counter attack.

Basic Template for mage.

120 mage
120 eval
120 parry(mage 20 shield=combat)
120 resist
120 med
120= anything else u want

If u agree please sign

/sign Kyrite..

R

Rand Al

/signed
Or you can just make it harder to hit i get hit every pop by a archer

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Ok
2. Stupid idea, defeats purpose of a mage weapon even existing.
3. Stupid idea, defeats the purpose of bushido.

G

Gellor

Only partially signed. I'd just like to see the dex requirement lowered to something more inline with dexer requirements.

Dexers can run around with ~40-50 mana. I'd like to see a STAM requirement of that... not dex but stam.

I've run a parry mage forever and a day. Standard 120 wrestle, 120 parry, etc. Dexers HATE merolleyes:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually think parry is fine with the dex requirement. 55 real dex, 10 after crimmy, 20 after a pot (or more).

You can already make some nice parry builds.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

I actually think parry is fine with the dex requirement. 55 real dex, 10 after crimmy, 20 after a pot (or more).

You can already make some nice parry builds.

I think if they are going to make it so u need 80 paary to be 100% effective then make it so magic resistance needs 80 int to be effective

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if they are going to make it so u need 80 paary to be 100% effective then make it so magic resistance needs 80 int to be effective
I don't know if that will accomplish what you want. 95% of these trashy dexers aren't running with resist anyways.