• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ea Gives Tso Players One Last Surprise: Servers Shut Down A Day Earlier Than Expected

• Thread starter CanIhaveYourStuf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

CanIhaveYourStuf

Well, at least that's how it is for ME, anyway, as it keeps saying "Unable to verify connection to EA.com. Please check your Internet connection and make sure your browser is set to give cookies to Parizad. If that does not solve the problem, ha ha tough beans we are a big corporation so nuts to you." :loser:

Or words to that effect.

I suppose I could take the day off from work tomorrow to call some dude in Yak's Bend, India to walk me through re-installing or re-configuring the game (making a new short cut didn't help). Yeah, I'm sure my boss would understand. :coco:

So I guess that does it for me. I was planning on hosting a party, and give the deed to my lot to someone when I log off so that the party could keep going until they shut the server off. But that's not going to happen now. Oh, well. Cuz when they shut it off, regardless of if I could access the game or not, I plan to be doing the same thing I did when Y2K hit in the middle of the night. :sleep2:

Well, I got most of the screenies and home movies I wanted...just wanted to capture some with sound, too...and I did, for the most part....it's just the one I really wanted to do...saved for last...as it would be the hardest to do...was say goodbye to my cats. :hug:

I miss 'em already.

Man, the things EA will pull to get me to buy that darn Sims 2: Pets expansion. :mf_prop:

So I guess tomorrow night, I'll just go watch some YouTube and call it a night...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2Pha3vgfU8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2Pha3vgfU8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

So long, and thanks for all the fish... :thumbsup:

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

I got in, try again Billy. :( I wanted to see ya one last time.
lol I KNOW I posted about getting back in...I KNOW I did...lol I remember saying thanks to Katheryne and then saying wait a sec I did this one myself....computer acting very funny due to overloading my hard drive with avi screen captures of the TSO animation while also snagging the audio with another program. I've had to switch things around to dump the video data to an external hard drive.

No, I won't be uploading this to YouNoob: It's all disjointed and plot-less, raw footage, just to remind me of the game or to appease myself if I start to miss the game. lol should've thought of this years ago and quit the game but recorded all my favorite animations and sounds first lol think of the money I could have saved hahaha. Also not uploading due to copyright/DMCA fears vis-â-vis my YT account.

Oh. Yeah. I figured out the problem was it said to check cookies in my browser, and I'm like ok so it must use my browser settings to tell it what to do...but I'm able to get on...WAIT! Most programs that rely on browser settings rely on IE, not Firefox. And my Firefox works fine, but what about IE? Aha it says I"m offline...click click click now I'm not offline...and...yep, that fixes it...

So, I'm going in tonight in a few moments, but I might be unresponsive at times. Got a lot of animations I want to capture, might try to host lol and run around some parties, but a body slam for the Nancy Smith sim is a must, heh heh heh heh heh...