• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA&E: Grand Sosarian Horse Race (Event Report)

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight at about 9PM CET the First ever Sosarian Horse Race event took place!

Right after the auction a small group of us gathered on the fields behind the auction house. To many competitors’ surprise, they did not find a huge race-track…. Just a field and some cloth. Suspicion arose! Right until Geoffrey Blake turned to the crowd and explained them how exactly the race would work. Instead of racing actual horses, the point of the race was to drag&drop a wooden steed – 1 tile at the time – to the finish line!

We had 8 people competing, which meant 4 races to begin with. The results from this first round (first name=winner):
Killer vs Kingsley
Bex the Bee vs Patrick
Ferrut vs Ama
Leto vs Mus

That left us with 2 semi-finals: Killer vs Bex the bee and Ferrut vs Leto. By this time, it seemed like the green horse (there was a blue one and a green one) was enchanted somehow as it got most lucky in the races… However, Leto managed to loose even with the green horse ! The winner of the other duo was Bex the Bee, who – so I’ve heard – actually works with horses in real life :)

Seeing as Killer left prematurely, Leto won third place by default. The race between Bex and Ferrut however was still on! And a fierce match it was! After showing himself a true gentleman and letting miss Bex the choice of horse-colour, Ferrut took a quick start but … sadly he couldn’t keep up the pace. By the time the last corner was in sight, Ferrut was at least 4 tiles behind on Bex and he found no way to make up for that in the sprint to the finish.

So, in conclusion:

Third place – Leto!
Prize: Stuffy Horse & Bronze Medal

Second place – Ferrut!
Prize: Spring clean-up horse barding & Silver Medal

First place – Bex the Bee!
Prize: 5 million gold & Gold Medal

Thank you all for coming and hope to see you at one of our upcoming events!

P.S.
For those who – just like me – are wondering about the medals: they came in the form of an eagle statue in gold, dull copper and bronze, with a nice inscription “Grand Sosarian Horse Race ***th place”.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like fun. Too bad I missed it.

I really need to attend these auctions more often. It´s been a while now...

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries, more to come :)

In 2 or 3 weeks time, we'll be doing a big scavenger hunt!
I'll be posting more details soon.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eagle statue? Didn't realise there was one.

Have I been looking at the angel or pegasus wrongly for years?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have eagles where you are the size of a flying horse I'm glad I don't live nearby :lol:

S

SilentFoxXy

Was really looking forward to this event, such a shame that I was kicked for advertising , 1 line , after the auction had completed and most folks were leaving.

I loved the auction, tried to attend every one, attended a few bovine madness. I spent a great deal of GP at the auctions, and considered myself a good customer.

To be kicked immediately for saying I would be stocking xxxx item the next day was un called for. A simple pm or party message requesting I refrain would have done the job.

To find myself kicked was terribly embarassing and very uncalled for. I would have heeded a simple admonishment, though quite why advertising my shop AFTER the auction had ended is beyond me. Maybe Ill get kicked from WBB today as well, surely the air is free???, I did ensure that the auction had completed. How petty.

I fully expect to get flamed and told that I had done xyz for weeks and did uvw every week and I had been warned 5 trillion times ,and that I continually broke the rules by spend so much money and making a few funny comments at various stages of each auction....but no, this was my '1st offence '.... I had never even been asked/told/warned for doing something 'against the rules'

Such a shame, I will miss the auctions, and I'm sure some of the sellers will be missing me. Will also miss the events.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind that the decission to kick someone is made by a single guard, not by the entire team.
I personally wouldn't have kicked you either - as you said, the auction was pretty much over and during the 8 weeks i've back, I haven't seen you do anything against the rules, but the guard on duty makes the call.
As a sidenote: i doubt anyone noticed or would have noticed at all if you didn't come to post about it on the boards actually hehe.

I suggest you just come to the auction next week ;)

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on Foxxy, it was just a kick. No need to get all worked up about that.

I was the one who kicked you and while I didn't warn you forehand, you did comment on at least one other item referencing to your shop (I think it was more then one but I can't remember clearly enough). Those earlier comments were more subtle, which I why I didn't act on them. Advertising your own wares in any way is against our rules:

Please don't comment on any of the items on auction. Ofcourse an "Owww that's nice :)" is allowed but any negative comments we can do without. We also don't need to hear at what prices any vendor might sell the items in question. If you don't have anything nice to say, please refrain from saying anything at all. People work hard to obtain their items and we do our best to filter for quality goods.

Don't advertise your own wares for sale. You are at an auction, not the bank. So please behave yourself accordingly.

S

SilentFoxXy

Rules, Rules- Argghh :)

Please don't comment on any of the items on auction - Pertinent point- The items were already sold, whats a little comment of suprise amongst friends...;)

We also don't need to hear at what prices any vendor might sell the items in question. Of course, prior to the sale this would be a most rude thing to do, but after the sale...???

As I mentioned above, I did admit to a few casual comments of amazement, however, a tiny whisper in my shell like would have alerted me to my rule break, and I would obviously have refrained from a repeat.....
( To say wow, you can get them at mine for 1/2 that ) , and AFTER the item had sold. Wasn't actually meant in any way advertising, I was just amazed, and I offer my apologies...:)

Had I interjected before or during the lot, then sure, Bad *****, but the vendor had already sold his item, at a nice price, I was NOT endangering your sellers IN ANY WAY, nor was I saying desultory, or derogatory comments about an item, prior to the actual sale. Hence, A Little rap on knuckles would have sufficed, an inglorious booting was a shade heavy handed ...imho

C'est la vie....pas de problemo it c'est finisto as the Frengalis say ;)

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In conclusion: Foxxy is coming to the auction next week and everybody is happy :p

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad that's all sorted :)

And thanks for the bizarre horsey race! Was great! Can't wait for scavenger hunt! Yay!