• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Durability of new whips

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else noticed that the durability of the whips drops at a rather quick rate? I seems that the wear and tear of these is alot quicker than other weapons with whirlwind.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a feeling most if any of the whips I get will end up being strictly "for looks" ...

I do hope somewhere down the line they pull their heads out of their nethers and allow these to be crafted... stupid they are not... totally should have been a recipe... very disgusted and annoyed that they aren't.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got only 2 so far but both were macing so I enhanced one to see how it did. Played for about 30 minutes, running trades routes, total of 3. Killed 3 raider spawns that were of the snake level. Then waited for Krampus, Once he spawned I focused on killing the minions and the whip did fairly good. sucked for krampus. I think the whips will be good for lower level spawn but they lack the damage of the 2 handed weapons with whirlwind.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the whips will be good for lower level spawn but they lack the damage of the 2 handed weapons with whirlwind.
They'd be good for oldschool Chiv Dexxers with Parry (no Necro/Bush), like my Macer that i use for soloing/duoing Blackthorn's Captains. Being able to keep his Shield up while still being able to WW down the packs of mobs at the beginning of the Captain spawns would be awesome. His Shield offers him a crapload of stats, not just his Parry chance.
Shield 1.PNG
But yeah, the Whips TOTALLY should have been recipes.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think whips are the way they are so that not everyone is running around with them all at once. I imagine they are making an attempt at releasing them slowly. I can understand this decision. Perhaps they will release them in higher quantity later.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv Dexxers with Parry
Darn I was afraid the damage would not be enough. I use Bushido and I do not not fight the captains so I do use 1H mace weapons so I can chug pots also.

They will probably work for the weak stuff I fight on my dexxer.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok did another Krampus run. I killed no spawns during trade runs and only fought minions and Krampus. My Whip went down 9 points in durability but my Brittle shield is still at 255. I am confused how this durability works

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the whip on a toon and play an intrument and let music skill increase. See it whip loses durability.

That would test if it has an unseen antique setting.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried music with whip equiped and no loss on whip.

Also I do not have parry on the character, use the shield for stats only