• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Durability - Imbuing question

Z

Zannette

Hello fellow craftsmen,

I am hoping that someone can explain imbuing durability.

For highest Intensity (100%) i need:

5 Enchanted Essences
10 Diamonds
10 powdered Iron

Can someone please explain what does this does to the armor or weapon?
Does it raise durability to 255 or is it different property all together.

If it does raise durability to 255 would that count against imbuing weight, and does that means that you can raise the durability of the item to 255 after already imbuing couple of properties?

Thank you,

Z

E

elspeth

According to the magic effects table here

UO Stratics *New* | Magic Effects Table

durability effect has a range of 10% to 100% and it has no imbuing weight. I'm assuming that means that you can't imbue durability. Have to use PoF to increase an item's durability for imbuing.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't ever tried to imbue durability which part of the menu is it? Is it only for shields? I don't recall seeing it on the menu but I never do shields (so far).

Z

Zannette

Ok so 10% to 100% intensity but how does this translate to 255/255 shield and what is the whole point of this imbue.

Thank you,
Z

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this is only the way I see it and you will need an answer from someone who really knows but my take is:

Durability on a shield will not affect the actual displayed durability of the item (so not a way to get your shield to 255 dur imbuing this).
What I think it does if I remember correctly:
the item will lose its durability way slower if durability (the property) is on it as well. Not really like self repair (where the item can gain lost durability back), but will be able to parry more hits before the durability actually goes down by one. Let´s call it a bigger chance for the shields durability NOT to be reduced on damage taken.

The above could be completely wrong but I somehow remember this explanation...
I hope someone else will step in here and help us out....

Hephaistos of Europa

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this is only the way I see it and you will need an answer from someone who really knows but my take is:

Durability on a shield will not affect the actual displayed durability of the item (so not a way to get your shield to 255 dur imbuing this).
What I think it does if I remember correctly:
the item will lose its durability way slower if durability (the property) is on it as well. Not really like self repair (where the item can gain lost durability back), but will be able to parry more hits before the durability actually goes down by one. Let´s call it a bigger chance for the shields durability NOT to be reduced on damage taken.

The above could be completely wrong but I somehow remember this explanation...
I hope someone else will step in here and help us out....

Hephaistos of Europa
LOL I'm just like you. I don't know anything but I am more than willing to share my ignorance with everyone LOL. Here is my take on it (to be with a grain of salt since I am often wrong) If you enhance something with valorite it adds 50 durability (up to 255) or so it seems to me. So imbuing will create at the most 100 points (I think) so if you are allready higher it will lower it. I am at work or I would try it out. I have in mind to imbue a shield at some point in the next year or so on my list of things to do

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So as usual I am wrong. I tried to imbue some sheilds first a buckler with 58 durability and I imbued to 90% which is the highest imbue without the powdered iron requirement it came out to 110/255. Then I tried a heater shield with 75 durability and it came out to 142/255. So maybe it increases it by the percentage that you imbue.
eta: I went back and reimbued same property same items and it increased the durablitly more to maximum of 255 so it appears to work by increasing whatever durabilty the item has by the percentage that you imbue it

Z

Zannette

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your reply! I think I am getting a hang of it.
Now the question remains; If you have an imbued shield that has 4 max intensity properties could you theoretically keep imbuing durability every time it goes down.

If this is possible it would men that the shield would never break.

Your input is appreciated!!

Thank you,
Z

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I guess if you start with an item with 1 durability and imbue 100% then it will have 2 durability and it it is 128 durability it will have 255. Good to know for when I imbue my warrior a shield at some point in the future and if you can spare the imbues it replaces POF unfortuantely just for shields.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the durability property is a hold over from long ago system. It seems like it was related to a percentage of damage the item took during combat, but after twelve years I forget how the various changes to the game mechanics work. I think indestructable meant it wouldn't take damage. We would hope for an invulnerable and indestructable slayer weapon. After the patch indestructable went to 100% durability.

There is a uoguide discussion and I'm certain somewhere deep in the stratics site the same information exists.

Durability - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

-Lorax

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you take +100% durability "OFF" a re-forged weapon?
or when you imbue a property will the +100% durability come off?
and lastly if i imbue a property onto a wep at say 30% to get the +100% durability off can i imbue the intensity of that property again so it would be at max(50%)?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only things that can be taken off anything are

Damage Increase off weapons with a whetstone from Shame
Mage Armor off armor, at a mage guildmaster
Self Repair (which disappears when you Imbue)

A few properties can be swapped out, but not removed (skills in the same group on jewelry, Hit spell and hit area effects on weapons, etc.)