• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] durability confusion

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
i'm confused.
I wanted to make a shield with DI, HCI, DCI and FC

So, I made a shield out of iron
runic reforged it to have 5 HCI and 10DI
I then enhanced it with valorite adding resists and 50 durability
I then POFed it so its durability was around 250
I then imbued onto it FC1, DCI 15
That left a load of imbuing weight free to play with - It allowed me to imbue 960 durability.

So now i'm confused, I thought I understood durability -

I thought max imbuable durability was 100 not 1000
I didnt need to use any POF, I could have just imbued the extra durability
Also, I dont believe this to be true, but will all that extra durability help to lower the amounts this shield loses during combat over time. i.e. will it last longer between needing repairs? I think the max is 255, so why 1000 available to imbue? if imbuing is an increase in %, then 1000% increase on 36 would be 360, maybe thats why its 1000?

Can someone please explain what is going on, or how durability works with imbuing and crafting and repairing.

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
i'm confused.
I wanted to make a shield with DI, HCI, DCI and FC

So, I made a shield out of iron
runic reforged it to have 5 HCI and 10DI
I then enhanced it with valorite adding resists and 50 durability
I then POFed it so its durability was around 250
I then imbued onto it FC1, DCI 15
That left a load of imbuing weight free to play with - It allowed me to imbue 960 durability.

So now i'm confused, I thought I understood durability -

I thought max imbuable durability was 100 not 1000
I didnt need to use any POF, I could have just imbued the extra durability
Also, I dont believe this to be true, but will all that extra durability help to lower the amounts this shield loses during combat over time. i.e. will it last longer between needing repairs? I think the max is 255, so why 1000 available to imbue? if imbuing is an increase in %, then 1000% increase on 36 would be 360, maybe thats why its 1000?

Can someone please explain what is going on, or how durability works with imbuing and crafting and repairing.
I found this glitch almost a decade ago, I still have a shield with 1000 durability it has never dropped in combat.