• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duper Vendor in Luna Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Names are Valorite Hammer and Luquidation Sale on Atlantic in Luna. More to come...

Tomorrow I plan on releasing the dupe to the public since the developers are *letting it slide*. (I was just going to stay mum about it...thanks to the wonderful board nazi Moderators here at UO stratics though for deleting other thread on the matter, it will be going fully public.)

FYI...I dont dupe...thanks.

T

Trebr Drab

As far as names, that rule has to be generic to protect innocent players from accusations that could ruin their gaming.

As far as the dupe, if you have sent in a report to UO directly, and they haven't fixed it in a reasonable time frame, I'm all for it. You may get a perma ban here, but we players have to take a stand. I'm really tired of all this cheat crap that's ruined my gaming.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as names, that rule has to be generic to protect innocent players from accusations that could ruin their gaming.

As far as the dupe, if you have sent in a report to UO directly, and they haven't fixed it in a reasonable time frame, I'm all for it. You may get a perma ban here, but we players have to take a stand. I'm really tired of all this cheat crap that's ruined my gaming.
the rule covers players...not vendors....please reference the thread on the AoS cloth where the poster was clearly allowed to post pictures showing the vendor names. The post was forwarded to the moderators, nothing was done. As such the ruling on the above said mentioned post set precedence to what is acceptable material here on the boards.

The vendors ARE carrying duped goods. This isnt second hand information, and can be verified. I have posted more than once on this, and others have reported this in other stratics threads there were deleted. (pet dupe threads) None of my emails to devs have been answered, either by Draconi or Jdahlberg...on top of this matter dealing with the censorship here over being tired of this crap...I have decided on releasing the dupe myself.

So...thank your stratics moderators and EA employees for leading me to the decision to release the dupe to the public. Its thier fault.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn off the computer, let it rest, you're pissed off, doing things while pissed often results in a mess, try again when you cool down. Seriously...

If you release the dupe to the public, you are the only one to blame for what happens. Not taking responsibility and hiding behind others for your own decision is weak...

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn off the computer, let it rest, you're pissed off, doing things while pissed often results in a mess, try again when you cool down. Seriously...

If you release the dupe to the public, you are the only one to blame for what happens. Not taking responsibility and hiding behind others for your own decision is weak...
Think what you will, this isnt due to being mad...its due to frustration. What else should a person do when our own developers let an old dupe back into the game? What should we do when the matter has been sent to the proper people and nothing is done? What should we do when the threads we make on this matter are deleted and nothing is done?

Sorry, if you want to thank someone for this...thank the people responsible for breaking the old code again so a few (including EA employees) could prosper. I didnt make the dupe possible...but I did try and stop it.

A

Azureal

Whilst I agree that as a playerbase we need to be more vocal in what we want (united, as a playerbase we can get something done) I dont think that releasing how the dupe works will solve anything. Quite the opposite.

How about a rally. Organise that on a certain day, at a certain time and on a certain shard as many players as possible log in and place a GM call. Get someone to notice, and dont ever let them forget. If you can get a few hundred players logged onto the same server all placing the same GM call youll turn some heads.

I'll do it with you. As Im sure many others will too. This hurts and frustrates a lot of people friend, but there are right ways and wrong ways to do it.

I dont want to sound like a tool, but two wrongs dont make a right.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whilst I agree that as a playerbase we need to be more vocal in what we want (united, as a playerbase we can get something done) I dont think that releasing how the dupe works will solve anything. Quite the opposite.

How about a rally. Organise that on a certain day, at a certain time and on a certain shard as many players as possible log in and place a GM call. Get someone to notice, and dont ever let them forget. If you can get a few hundred players logged onto the same server all placing the same GM call youll turn some heads.

I'll do it with you. As Im sure many others will too. This hurts and frustrates a lot of people friend, but there are right ways and wrong ways to do it.

Rally? Been there done that...

I chewed out jdahlberg a week and a half ago for not getting on the ball with this. (right here on the boards...and I was answered...so she knows about the issue) This bug was created due to the publish...and could have been reverted.

I am tired of seeing EA people make money under the table on this game. I am tired of watching the guilds responsible for this game getting ruined get away with f-ing bloody murder.

I am just tired and sick of it all.

K

Killian

i remember the UO team WAY back in the day reverting a few publishes due to issues....

Im supporting this protest, :thumbup1: i would Rather see this expansion they have put on hold, and have uo finally get the much needed love and fixing it needs. theres just soo many issues building up, from lack of Customer support, to exploits not being fixed, to just flat out little things that should be taken care of.... i mean people always complain about things in UO.... always.. thats nothing new....

but when it's things that should be fixed, like exploits, duping bugs, and so forth.. those are things that should be fixed before anything new comes into the game... specially a expansion.. i dont mind if minor bugs exist.. but major ones need to be delt with..

I for one will boycott any vendors that are listed here that are potential or verified dupers

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Names are Valorite Hammer and Luquidation Sale on Atlantic in Luna. More to come...

Tomorrow I plan on releasing the dupe to the public since the developers are *letting it slide*. (I was just going to stay mum about it...thanks to the wonderful board nazi Moderators here at UO stratics though for deleting other thread on the matter, it will be going fully public.)

FYI...I dont dupe...thanks.

I see your point if they aren't going to stop them might as well let everyone do it. I just wish they would put a stop to it. :sad4:

A

Azazel of LA

Im in

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really would be good if the Devs got the flamethrower out...

Theres been lots of rumours on this active dupe....

Can it been so hard to stop duping all together???

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick taste for everyone out there. CLONED PETS!!!!

To the Devs @ EA....you have one full working day to fix the bug. (since the last two weeks went by with no fix I dont see reason to give you more time.)

To the moderators @ stratics...you ought to be ashamed of how you handle issues here, judging people instead of posts is no way to handle problems.

To those in charge of stratics...its about time you took care of the issues here on the UO boards...you are also to blame for this release.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll do it.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can say someone is selling duped items all you want but you cannot prove it so you only look bad throwing accusations around.

Even if it appears to be blatant outright duped objects you cannot prove it because your not working for EA and cannot examine things further than what you see on your screen so unless you have solid proof I would advise you save us all the accusations and simply report what you see to EA.

For all you know the guy could be playing the game non stop earning everything legit and is just now dumping off what he has earned. But sure you may even be right.

The point is that accusing people without proof could make you look bad if you are wrong.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can say someone is selling duped items all you want but you cannot prove it so you only look bad throwing accusations around.

Even if it appears to be blatant outright duped objects you cannot prove it because your not working for EA and cannot examine things further than what you see on your screen so unless you have solid proof I would advise you save us all the accusations and simply report what you see to EA.

For all you know the guy could be playing the game non stop earning everything legit and is just now dumping off what he has earned. But sure you may even be right.

The point is that accusing people without proof could make you look bad if you are wrong.
you know whats worse? people like you whom assume there is not the proof. one could just as easily assume you are involved. hmm?

legit? dont make me think of you as being an ignorant ******...i really wish not to. you dont sell over 20 val hammers in a week...you dont sell over 10 pairs of inquis in a matter of a few days. (thats roughly 200000 bods minimum jsut to fill the hammers sold within the last week alone.)

whats easier to you? 200000 bods using 40000000 ingots over a period of 208 days? or one dupe?

keep playing the devils advocate on this....in 24 hours everyone can decide thier impression of you. ok?

A

AesSedai

Sometimes there are better ways to deal with the issues.
Sometimes the solution is worse than the cause.
Dupers are very destructive to UO. So your solution is to promote more?

Hey, if you have any true evidence that an EA employee is cashing-in by 'breaking the game' then ya' better be contacting a lot more people at EA; hell you might get a personal inquiry from a big money maker, & perhaps some due credit, if you speak the truth and can back it up.
If you don't have any true evidence then your repeated claim is none but libellous grandstanding.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not impossible to sell tons of high end stuff beerman. in fact it's highly possible to buy and sell bulk of these items.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes there are better ways to deal with the issues.
Sometimes the solution is worse than the cause.
Dupers are very destructive to UO. So your solution is to promote more?

Hey, if you have any true evidence that an EA employee is cashing-in by 'breaking the game' then ya' better be contacting a lot more people at EA; hell you might get a personal inquiry from a big money maker, & perhaps some due credit, if you speak the truth and can back it up.
If you don't have any true evidence then your repeated claim is none but libellous grandstanding.
I have contacted EA, to no avail. I have sent emails...to no avail. I have made complaints on the boards...to no avail. Others have posted material HERE on the boards in regards to the pet dupe only to have thier psots deleted.

So lets see here...hours of my time banging my head against a brick wall again or else show my last act of defiance...what sounds more productive to you?

A

Azureal

I think the problem with your "last act of defiance" is that youll end up hurting UO more than it is now.

Whats worse, the few people abusing the dupe as it is, or a whole board of potential dupers giving it a go?

Until its fixed its going to keep ruining the game but showing how the dupe is done wont fix anything.

Youre frustrated, we can all see that. Take a breather for a couple hours.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not impossible to sell tons of high end stuff beerman. in fact it's highly possible to buy and sell bulk of these items.
It isnt possible to continuously supply perishable items, or items that require stealing and only spawn once per month. It isnt possible to continuously supply tokens only available through EA.com. It isnt possible to continuously sell grizzled mares and parox swampies, like hammers they are perishable.

Again, I know firsthand where these items came from...duping.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the problem with your "last act of defiance" is that youll end up hurting UO more than it is now.

Whats worse, the few people abusing the dupe as it is, or a whole board of potential dupers giving it a go?

Until its fixed its going to keep ruining the game but showing how the dupe is done wont fix anything.

Youre frustrated, we can all see that. Take a breather for a couple hours.
My UO is in ruins, and as such i no longer give a damn. The same people who put UO in ruins are allowed to play...while those I care about in game are forced out by ignorance and discrimination from not only staff but also other players. I used to love the simple things in the game, but since money became involved in this game the innocence was removed.

To those who think corruption dont exist...think again.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh, by definition, firsthand means that YOU'RE the duper of them, or was part of the group that was duping them AS it happened.

I don't think that's what you mean.

BTW, a lot of Valorite hammers came from the Blackrock traders - specifically from the blackrock pieces that resulted from the ??? getting blown up (IIRC in Terethan keep?). In most cases, it was 1 or 2 people that got the blackrock from that initial explosion (because no one knew at the time how big blackrock would be over the next 2 years). IF the blackrock pieces that blew across all the lands also gave such things (they had a lesser chance - mine only gave ASH 30s and Agapites), and someone made a concerted effort to get them, it is very likely someone could end up with 10 or more Valorite hammers. What they did with them AFTER the fact is another matter.

And, make sure there aren't any fakes mixed in there as well (hammers made of Valorite, and used down to 15 uses)

Note that I'm not saying they aren't duping, but it's possible that someone could get a decent number that really aren't selling (have someone take off the vendor for a day to give the appereance), and are just sitting there (or moved around to make it look like there was a restock) - or they could be selling a lot of them, and have a large pool of them to dupe that would only be 1st generation dupes, not dupes of dupes of upes of dupes, etc. They'd have a lot more item ID tags to work with, making it harder to spot than, say, 20 hammers that have internal numbers indicating they are all dupes of the same hammer (which the GMs could easily spot).

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been watching that for a Loooong time now, and yes what you say is true ...to a point.

Usually when a "reseller" buys items up he buys up what he finds cheap and resells it for more , meaning the items will vary, one day he will find a swampy , tomorrw a charger of the fallen, that is ofc because the diffrent drop rates of the Items and or whatever is new and available.

Now with those "vendors" allways seem to have the same stock, usually high domand items and stuff that sells fast

So eather those "resellers are buying up bulk items and dont care where they come from, wich if they are reputable they should , or they are duping themselfs

A

Azureal

My UO is in ruins, and as such i no longer give a damn. The same people who put UO in ruins are allowed to play...while those I care about in game are forced out by ignorance and discrimination from not only staff but also other players. I used to love the simple things in the game, but since money became involved in this game the innocence was removed.

To those who think corruption dont exist...think again.
This much I strongly agree with.

In their way, EA have asked for the trouble theyre currently in regarding dupers and scripters. I was shocked to see gold advertised for sale in Stratics forums last time I came back. The rares forums is basically CASH CASH CASH. Give players a way to make money and theyll do whatever needs to be done to get it.

Still mate, Im begging, dont release the dupe here. I can understand your feelings, but Im not yet ready to give up.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, a lot of Valorite hammers came from the Blackrock traders - specifically from the blackrock pieces that resulted from the ??? getting blown up (IIRC in Terethan keep?).
There want that many given out , besideds on Origen since they turned down the rewards before they went on all the shards.
And those Hammers are everywhere right now....

If they where from BR they would have been on the vendors the day after the turn ins and not half a year later

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
read my edit I added while you were typing.

Those hammers from the blackrock event could be used as a seed to make a much more diverse pool of dupes (with lots of varying id numbers) that whould be much harder for a GM to notice than, say, 20 dupes of one single hammer.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, by definition, firsthand means that YOU'RE the duper of them, or was part of the group that was duping them AS it happened.

I don't think that's what you mean.

BTW, a lot of Valorite hammers came from the Blackrock traders - specifically from the blackrock pieces that resulted from the ??? getting blown up (IIRC in Terethan keep?). In most cases, it was 1 or 2 people that got the blackrock from that initial explosion (because no one knew at the time how big blackrock would be over the next 2 years). IF the blackrock pieces that blew across all the lands also gave such things (they had a lesser chance - mine only gave ASH 30s and Agapites), and someone made a concerted effort to get them, it is very likely someone could end up with 10 or more Valorite hammers. What they did with them AFTER the fact is another matter.

And, make sure there aren't any fakes mixed in there as well (hammers made of Valorite, and used down to 15 uses)

You need to get with the times. Those valorite hammers from the blackrock trade in were used a year ago...and mainly were on origin. (other shards did not see a mass amount of val hammers from the turn in as the turn in was fixed before it hit the other shards)

Fakes? Nope...please look for yourself before you post next time...Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Read my edited post before you judge - thanks. I pointed out that those actually could make duping harder to detect by a GM, by mixing up the item ID numbers (never having 2 dupes of the same hammer on the vendor at any given time)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read my edited post before you judge - thanks. I pointed out that those actually could make duping harder to detect by a GM, by mixing up the item ID numbers (never having 2 dupes of the same hammer on the vendor at any given time)

the thing is with shard transfers , they dont have to worry about Item ID numbers :sad4:

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
read my edit I added while you were typing.

Those hammers from the blackrock event could be used as a seed to make a much more diverse pool of dupes (with lots of varying id numbers) that whould be much harder for a GM to notice than, say, 20 dupes of one single hammer.
As I said...in less than 24 hours I will release the method...you can then dupe till your hearts content...and will see the truth of the matter.

The seed is a filled large bod...duped over and over. Each turned in created a new hammer with its own item ID. The turn in hammers have nothing to do with the latest dupe....nothing at all. No need for transfer...all godl from this point forward is clean and the hammers untraceable.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few questions about this supposed dupe...

1) what exactly is being duped?
-Pets?
-Items?
-Specific item types?
-everything?

2) Are there any public behaviors exhibited by dupers that won't reveal the dupe that we can use to report dupers?

3)Is this widespread or are there only a few vendors you are accusing in peddling duped goods?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just contact someone higher on the foodchain at Stratics and get it sorted out. I'm sure they'll listen if you drop the attitude and send them a rational message...

EA has always been a sluggish fixer of bugs, and you won't change that by posting an ultimatum. I can tell you beforehand that you'll end up with an ultimatum that passes, forcing you to either post the dupe and making the game even more hard for us, the few honest players left, or you could refuse to give in and keep on fighting for a right cause...

Patience is a virtue, and in communicating with EA, a nessecity. Better get used to it...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isnt possible to continuously supply perishable items, or items that require stealing and only spawn once per month. It isnt possible to continuously supply tokens only available through EA.com. It isnt possible to continuously sell grizzled mares and parox swampies, like hammers they are perishable.
i'm with you, and all you say is 100% true and i know how you feel...

peoples make billions easly, duping and i have to work hard for my few millions?
thats crazy! and the dev teams dont do anything!!!

Paged 1000 times and canned response, sent email
and nobody care to answer or check...

so...Let it be "public"!

then i wanna see how uo'll become!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patience is a virtue, and in communicating with EA, a nessecity. Better get used to it...
yea, true, "Patience is a virtue", but its come to the end now!
Its no possible to play the game and enjoy it anymore.

Sorry, but after about 10years of honest playing my "OO" are full!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just chiming in with my two cents here.

I have to agree that it does seem likely that another dupe has been introduced, or reintroduced, again.

There's way too many valorite runic hammers for sale on Atlantic right now. The chances that they are legit IMO is slim to none.

If the recent changes are to blame for possibly allowing a dupe then I fully agree they should have been reverted immediately.

Even with my eleven accounts, three PvP and eight PvM characters and fourteen crafters, all my UO time for about a year now has been crafting and playing the BOD system. I didn't like it when they gave out high-end runic hammers as rewards from the Blackrock Traders. I certainly am very disgusted if they are being duped as well.

N

NewThunder

EA's track record with cheating is laughable. I understand they can not truely discuss it in public, but they seem to use that as a shield while the cheating goes on. How many months did the Painted cave scripters operate? EA is not bound by due process, they can simply suspend questionable accounts and investigate, it is their sandbox.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know whats worse? people like you whom assume there is not the proof. one could just as easily assume you are involved. hmm?

legit? dont make me think of you as being an ignorant ******...i really wish not to. you dont sell over 20 val hammers in a week...you dont sell over 10 pairs of inquis in a matter of a few days. (thats roughly 200000 bods minimum jsut to fill the hammers sold within the last week alone.)

whats easier to you? 200000 bods using 40000000 ingots over a period of 208 days? or one dupe?

keep playing the devils advocate on this....in 24 hours everyone can decide thier impression of you. ok?
You know there are also BOD traders who trade BODs and or buy them every day just to get hammers and sell them...

Again, I know firsthand where these items came from...duping.
20 inquis that were duped like crazy by the hax guild making them pretty common compared to before which means people can obtain plenty and resell them day in day out. This was a major cross shard dupe that happened a couple years back I have a screen of that incident and the artifacts they duped if you want real proof on that one.

Why can't someone buy tons of tokens from the ea online store and sell them off for gold in the game I know tons of people who do that on a regular basis to avoid working for gold in game or buying gold from brokers who could be shady.

Grizzled mares and parox swampies can be obtained easily through playing the game they aren't nearly as hared to get as you make them out to be and they can certainly be bought cheap and resold for more.

You need to realize something for every lame BS so called "proof" you have I can come up with an equal legit way that it could have been done.

But hey you want to play detective go ahead just keep this lame crap to yourself because no one here gives a damn about it.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll remind everyone to please read the ROC's.

There are proper methods for handling issues like this, and despite the frustration and anger we may feel those methods are indeed the proper ones. Unfortunately, using these forums as a springboard for something of this nature is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.