• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dungeon Treasure Chests

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Since returning I have been making new toons and one of them has lockpicking and remove trap. I have been having fun opening chests in Shame. I am just over 95 in lockpicking skill. My question: is there a route through dungeons for lockpicking or is it just go in there and make you own? I am good with either but it would be nice to learn from community knowledge.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i found it was way faster to get discoed by a satyr, and then use training boxes to gm. otherwise, the chests randomly spawn indifferent areas around the dungoens

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Most if not all shards used to have public player-owned houses to train lockpicking in. I dunno how many shards may still have any of those.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the quick responses. I remember about the lockpicking houses, that was a good idea and I am aware of the Satyr trick. I was just thinking about running around dungeons and lockpicking for fun.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Most if not all shards used to have public player-owned houses to train lockpicking in. I dunno how many shards may still have any of those.
You can make your own set if you have a tinker , or ask someone to make you 20crates and a key chain. Just wait in Luna and ask BOD runner crafters.
Personally I trained my LP with a tamer while training pet in a slug pit.

Rat

Visitor
I'd say go there and make your own route. Some people like to travel to a maximum of chests, others prefer to camp spawns, some would aim for (and camp) level 2-3 chests -which I find not worth to waste lockpicks on- in a moderate danger area, and others would go for more risks & reward on level 4 chests.
But then you need other skills (hiding/stealth/ninja/magery related stuff), so it depends on what you are looking for, where you are (Tram/Fel/SP), and the global level of your character training/equipment.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'd say go there and make your own route. Some people like to travel to a maximum of chests, others prefer to camp spawns, some would aim for (and camp) level 2-3 chests -which I find not worth to waste lockpicks on- in a moderate danger area, and others would go for more risks & reward on level 4 chests.
But then you need other skills (hiding/stealth/ninja/magery related stuff), so it depends on what you are looking for, where you are (Tram/Fel/SP), and the global level of your character training/equipment.
Forgive me my ignorance, what can be good in those chests ? Anything valuable? Or just stuff to unravel?

Rat

Visitor
Forgive me my ignorance, what can be good in those chests ? Anything valuable? Or just stuff to unravel?
Granted, you need to open a lot of chests to find anything useful if you look for high end stuff, but to me it's a valuable source of infinite, free materials (reagents, leather, ingots, basic gems, bolts/arrows, empty bottles) to use or sell, or trash the junk for clean up points.

The metal junk -> ingots -> tools -> lockpicks loop allows one to be autonomous on a shard limited to 1 character, without the need for fighting/gathering skills. Also, those chests are the only source for items almost nobody uses but are very useful to me to way better treasures, but that's classified stuff :grin: