• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dungeon deciet

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know how to use the switches, what order etc in deciet to get down below in the area before you get to the bone knight/champ spawn area?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont have to hit any switches to get to the champ spawn area. You just go straight thru the door, follow the winding corridor until you reach the funny looking portal and step in.

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont have to hit any switches to get to the champ spawn area. You just go straight thru the door, follow the winding corridor until you reach the funny looking portal and step in.
no....im talking about the area you must use the switches to enter. its been years since ive done it and cant remember exactly how....

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres screenshots of the area im talkin about, im not sure what im doing wrong, but if anyone can help it would be greatly apreciated.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never not been able to get past that area without touching a switch...

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, i know im leaving something out, but its been years since ive been down ther soo....

T

Trebr Drab

There is no secret that I know of. That second pic is a dead end. You need to go the other way.

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually the wooden area there opens up when you use the switches in a certain sequence and reveals a hidden stairway down.

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure you're not thinking of a private shard?
i have never played a "private shard" but i can clearly remember going down there years ago on atlantic. perhaps their broken or something but im certain that you used to be able to get down there. just look at it, its obviously meant to be used anyways. the more i think about it i think it takes like 3 ppl to get down there. 2 have to work the switches and 1 has to stand in a certain spot but im not sure exactly what the sequence is. its very frustrating, i been trying to figure it out for days.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually the wooden area there opens up when you use the switches in a certain sequence and reveals a hidden stairway down.
I've never heard of that.
That wooden area is a static, anyway. There's no way that it could dynamically be removed, because it isn't a dynamic object. It's stored in the map file on your local machine.

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of that.
That wooden area is a static, anyway. There's no way that it could dynamically be removed, because it isn't a dynamic object. It's stored in the map file on your local machine.
nope, i have been down there. i was just told by someone how to do it and ill test it later on when im not so tired and post back.

T

Trebr Drab

I'd really like to hear how this is done. It would also restore a little faith in this game.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, i have been down there. i was just told by someone how to do it and ill test it later on when im not so tired and post back.
Let us know...
Although I could've sworn that little bridge thing was a static object...

B

burnttrees

i remember seeing that on one occasion and trying to figure it out was told the same thing that it goes no where and thats its nothing but then again thats like the ship under the sea (for those who know this one yes its really old like five years old if i remember the post correctly) there are allot of odd and wonderful places in uo its just a matter of finding them and figuring out how they work

btw is it something that only works on fel side as i was told the switches in one of the dungeons are for fel side for the champ hunt

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there's nothin about it in the original UO strategy guide. Seeing as how the classic dungeons have more or less been completely untouched since the game began, it's safe to assume you're simply remembering wrong, or it was a shard or event specific teleporter to a special area.

L

Lord Kynd

could this possiable be in fel. only ?

seems i remember that also hrmmm.
there was something else i was trying to remember also from way way back the other day...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe what you're speaking of is vaguely mentioned in the deceit book.

T

Trebr Drab

wheres this deciet book found?
It's a book in the game. Link below, but this is where to find the in game books text on Stratics....
Left column under Partners and Subsites go to Stories and Secrets, then under History and Lore go to Books.
The book is titled Deceit: A dungeon of horrors, by Mercenary Justin

http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/books/book_07.shtml

By the way, for another curiousity in Deceit, check out the Crystal Balls. The first are in the first room to the right as you enter. 2 Crystal Balls, and one of them is the most unique one. As you click it it repeats fortellings that seem to make sense if you know the lore of the Ultima games and follow the history of UO. But as much as I've tried, I can't find any worthwhile meaning. The other repeats what players say in the area, and is linked to a Crystal Ball farther in, in one of the sets of rooms that are along the passage before you get to the stairs down to level 2. So, if a player says something near one ball, anyone clicking on either ball can hear what they said.It may take a few tries though, sometimes it seems out of order, although once you find it the order will be in place.
There's another set like this in the room full of liches (on Trammel, anyways) just before you go down to the last level. One on each side of the room.

The fortellings of the first Crystal Ball are as follows...

: The shimmering clouds have revealed a dark destiny, one wrought with peril.

: On bended knee they came and slew, ten thousand souls for the freedom of Yew.

: Welcome to the guild! Stay to the shadows, friend.

: The cloudy mist of the all-seeing eye have revealed a path filled with still waters.

: The halls of fate, the halls of doom, in wells of thought, one might find room.

: The clouds of time reveal the ghosts of the past, still priesting over their congregation.

: Once a treasure was laid at the bottom of the tomb, in darkness and light, its wealth did bloom.

: Beware ye who pass this way, for darkness works in mysterious ways.

: On bended knee they came and slew, ten thousand souls for the freedom of Yew.

: Brave hearts dive in and yet not return, their fate swallowed by the fires that burn.

: There is a fee in gold coins for joining the guild :

: The clouds have reveal a philosopher, a priest and three thousand leagues of skeletons marching row by row.

: Ye shant not fail, have you the eye of an eagle, the strength of an ox and the nimbleness of a wolverine.

: Cast not one eye to the flames' disguise, for marching in order are invisible eyes.

: Ghastly shadows on forlorn walls, echo the death of foes and falls.

B

burnttrees

well i went down and checked it out but i think the 2 switches need to be thrown around the same time if you click them they goto a second position and then a couple seconds later they goto a third on there own so may need a second person

i also looked for a switch around the 2 statues but couldn't fin one the statue in the NE corner can be seen behind if using transparency but the other one can not

need to start a guild of the "holders of the secrets" or "myth finders" :lol:

C

Crack Head Bob

I could be wrong, but i belive the only way to get under that wooden platform is with a bug, that i dont think it can be mentioned here.

C

Crack Head Bob

Well i just tried it with 2 people, one per switch, nothing happened

T

Trebr Drab

well i went down and checked it out but i think the 2 switches need to be thrown around the same time if you click them they goto a second position and then a couple seconds later they goto a third on there own so may need a second person

i also looked for a switch around the 2 statues but couldn't fin one the statue in the NE corner can be seen behind if using transparency but the other one can not

need to start a guild of the "holders of the secrets" or "myth finders" :lol:
You're looking at the wrong statues. In the room where there's 2 stone pegasus statues, well on GL Trammel you can only see one now. One of them is sunk into the stone dais it's supposed to be on top of, like the other. This sunken one is supposed to sink when you click it, I think there used to be a lever behind it. But now it's sunk to floor level (inside the stone, you can see it with transparency) and the lever's been removed (if it ever was there, I'm not sure now.)

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there seems to be a 3rd switch ive found a little farther in and ill try it laters

T

Trebr Drab

This is interesting. There does seem to be something below that area....

And beyond that area is more.....

This is just like the "dirt spot" area in Yew where there is an unfinished underground area, which was reached by an early exploit by some players. It was an underground location very similar in looks to the exit from the Lost Lands from the lighthouse to the Yew Jails.

There are a few other "underground" areas like this in Sosaria. For example you can bypass a set of stairs in Hythloth by dropping down from the wrong end, into a small but useless underground area. You've bypassed the teleport to the next level by doing so. But most of what's been found seems like broken stuff that didn't work quite right, or was left unfinished.

Still, there may be something to this, and I wonder if a few players did indeed find something here.

One question I have is this. I don't have KR. Would someone who does see if you get the same "water" by clicking the areas indicated in my pics?