• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Dueling tactics

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a little trouble I thought you could help me with.

My latest favorite character is an archer, and I find him brilliant in a field fight or when I'm fighting against mages. The trouble I have in when I'm in a one on one fight against a samurai dexxer. I can never seem to get a killing blow against a well played samurai. Contrarywise, they can't seem to kill me either without a stroke of luck or the proper terrain (I hate dueling pits!)

Mages usually drop against me with little trouble (balanced shortbow with hit fireball makes short work of them).

So my question is, what weapons or tactics should I be thinking about in a duel?

Added information:
My template:
115 archery
115 bushido
115 tactics
100 meditation
100 anatomy
100 healing
75 chivalry

My suit:
high resists, high MR, max HCI, 25 DCI, 60 DI without weapon, 45% EP, some LMC

I can pretty much do weapons specials and cast spells all day long, only limited by my relatively low int.

My stats:
Pre potion: 100 str, 125 dex, 35 int (item enhanced dex) An agility potion puts me at 150 dex

My weapons:
I have a collection of 75 relatively decent bows, but nothing which would be in the million gold range if I should sell them. All of my bows have swing speed increase, and most either have spell effects or balanced properties, but few have both (I'd love a balanced bow with spell effects, but won't pay the price).

T

Turdnugget

Methinks that Mortal wound with a Crossbow/concussion then switch to Magical Short w/double hit spell should do the trick.

The hard part about fighting a samurai is a lot if it is RNG...Even w/high DCI i've been rocked on my samurai due to bad RNG.

Magical shortbows aren't the best damage dealers but they're constant and tend to make healing a lot harder as you're getting hit so much more and more often.

I haven't really fought a samurai on a pure archer in quite some time so i'm not 100% sure of the tactics used today...Heavy crossbows are also good for the moving shot for when they're running.

R

RichDC

Youve also gta get around the evasion confidence/apples, evasion confidence and most bush dexxers can heal through mortal, if not eat an apple chug a pot and carry on whacking!

Plus they also have the added bonus of a 10tile disarm/nervestrike(whatever special they chose) if you try to miving shot them down/hit them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, that's what I expected to hear.

I'll try those ideas and keep experimenting.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the same RNG dice rolling combo that you do vs anyone when playing an archer.

Equip cross bow with hit spell, ssi, and balanced. Mortal (x2 if appled), Conc, Conc. Rinse and repeat until you successfully hit every time.

B

Balian of Asgard

you can try the short bow till they are half life or less, then switch to xbow and mortal conc conc conc