• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dueling Dragons

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
800.jpg

20 Years of UO and I am Throwing a Party

The Guild " *DB* / Dragon Bloodline " & " *DS* / DragonStone" will host a Dragon duel .Rules will be added as we figure them out before the 1st ........no healing, no mastery........Sept. 12 , 2017

Dragon Dueling at Haven Arena at 8:00 pm est - Bring your best Dragon and we will Duel ................................................... best Dragon will win 10 mil gold

In addition: For those with Young Dragons = Drakes

Drake Dueling at Haven Arena ..................................best Drake will win 2 mil gold

All are welcome to enter or to come watch

For those wishing to hang out afterwards we will be at the Shattered Skull in Skara Brae following Dragon Duels, there we will meet and you will be given two options.....Shattered skull (Trammel) is a great place for food and drinks for the timid or for the more adventurous ( I will be at Traveler Tavern) .....at the Shattered Skull in Skara Brae I will provide gates to a place that's held my heart even when I was not playing UO, here in Traveller Valley is a Great Village and a Tavern of the guild that has held me for many many years EGO - PvPness Envy........, EGO & PAIN Guilds has invited us to come to Traveler Tavern in the Old World (Fel) for a Grand Opening, free food and drinks and there will be Bouncers at the door and Gambling, lets try not to have too many bar room fights inside the establishment so if you become to drunk from all the fun please step outside to settle your differences or you will be ejected outside. So be aware that we will be in Fel and what happens in Fel stays in Fel.
(PAIN Guild is in the same Alliance as *DB*.................ALLY Alliance)

Traveler Tavern Gambling:
Gamblng: We will have Dice so for those who would like to try their hand at winning a dice game .................................................................2 Mil gold to the winning Dice roll

Bring your favorite Dragon named liquor or wine (or drop off at The Jade Dragon Trading Co just north of the Moonglow Moongate right before you enter the city in the mailbox by 9/11/2017) and the best named will win 1 mil and a Dragon Statue (Prizes will be announced that evening in RP Chat and awarded in Trammel the next day or if you are present at Traveler Tavern later that evening)

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What type of pets are allowed? Greater dragons, dragons, wws, etc?
Yes any of those, any type of Dragon , and yes since I posted I realized I should have had different catagories but I now hate to change the prize and this I wasn't sure would go over so Its kinda a test run....Hopefully we attract some folks and have some fun

Terra wearily wrapped the lead from her horse Artax to a post at the New Haven stable. She waved to the stablehand and turned to walk away when a flier caught her eye. On one of the stable posts was an attached parchment with the edges burned away. Terra stepped closer to read and mouthed the words quietly to herself.

"Dragon Dueling...

...at Haven Arena...

10 million gold prize..."

Her eyes widened and all weariness escaped her. "Oh! I.. I have to..", her thoughts tripped over each other before her expression confirmed it. "I need a dragon."

-------------------------

Later that evening, Terra returned home in Skara and found herself late at the dinner table. She quickly joined her family and reached for a turkey leg, before she was abruptly stopped by her mother. She cleared her throat to get Terra's attention.

"You're late...", she paused and inspected Terra's arms and clothes. It looked as if she had wrestled a chimney, and her clothes were singed by it as well.

"...and you're filthy. You haven't been visiting the Govenor's dr-"

Terra interrupted, "I'm sorry mother, i'll wash up." She pushed her chair back to dismiss herself, but her father caught her hand. She tried to contain a tense look.

"It's the trade caravan fires and smoke isn't it? It has covered you in soot", his look was concerned, but Terra was relieved.

He continued, "I've seen some of them burning, but luckily not our own. I shouldn't be sending you off to do this business, you know. You're a proper young lady now.. and.."

He paused to look at Terra's mother who didn't return a look that felt so concerned. "Ah, well... you wash up and we'll talk later."

Terra nodded, "Yes, father.", and left with her linen napkin bundled in her hand. When she reached her room, the polite manners dissolved and she angrily washed her arms with a wet rag.

"I shouldn't have been so careless. If they don't let me keep running the family trade caravans, i'll never escape this home.", her face pained at the thought and at the burn she just scraped over on her forearm. She looked down at the linen napkin and unfolded it. She had deftly snuck a turkey leg from the dinner table.

"He'll love this for breakfast...", she thought, thinking of the young drakeling she tamed earlier.

"Terra, darling? What is taking you so long?"

"Coming, mother!", she quickly wrapped it back up and hid it. Terra stood to leave her room, pausing only to inspect the burn on her arm once again. She then took a deep breath, stood straight, and returned to the dinner table.

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok still have time for entering Dragon Named Alcohol or Wine ...can hand to me or drop in mailbox at Jade Dragon Trading Co just north of Moonglow Moongate before you reach the city ............

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well Dragon duels we did get figured out but Invasion started ( so I think we need to reschedule this ) and tavern started slow but by end of the evening we hadda full house .........Thank you and Almost a bar room fight with last visitor was so FUN