• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DSFASFA houses and EM Pallando

• Thread starter Beer_Cayse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Beer_Cayse

A couple weeks back, EM Pallando remarked that he (and Mesanna) would like a list of these DSFASFA houses. We've done this a couple times now and they always seem to get lost or something ...

Any way ... is anyone keeping a master list of what gets submitted? I just did the immediate area around (Trammel) Wrong and Ice with a few screens to the west. Total items sent to Pallando: 37.

Thanks!

L

Liquid_Ape

A couple weeks back, EM Pallando remarked that he (and Mesanna) would like a list of these DSFASFA houses. We've done this a couple times now and they always seem to get lost or something ...

Any way ... is anyone keeping a master list of what gets submitted? I just did the immediate area around (Trammel) Wrong and Ice with a few screens to the west. Total items sent to Pallando: 37.

Thanks!
I think I saw 6 or 7 of them on the southerly road leading out of Vesper tram.

EM Pallando

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick note that I have forwarded the locations received thus far to Mesanna. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated.

Thanks Cayse!

B

Beer_Cayse

no problem! I'll see about racking up more locations tonight if I can. I got a lot of low-end items I can unravel (stupid brigands!!) while I did this.

B

Beer_Cayse

What I did last night was pure fluke ... I was going thru all my shopping runes and landed at a place that's no longer in business. a couple small towers in the area reminded me of the request, so I spent a while strolling around the landscape. <shrug>

Suggest getting/making a sextant then getting specific coords for Pallando and Mesanna. I took readings by standing directly under the sign just to be consistent.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
232 DSFASFA homes

there are approximately 232 "DSFASFA" homes in the Trammel facet only. I know because I numbered each one on my old UO Automap. None in felucca. They were part of a promotion when LA opened back in 2004 to award to players from other shards to come here. The GM responsible for placing them has long since gone and other GMs promised to remove them but never did.

I really don't understand how a GM cannot search for player owned homes named "DSFASFA" and find them all themselves though....

Thanks!

B

Beer_Cayse

Re: 232 DSFASFA homes

there are approximately 232 "DSFASFA" homes in the Trammel facet only. I know because I numbered each one on my old UO Automap. None in felucca. They were part of a promotion when LA opened back in 2004 to award to players from other shards to come here. The GM responsible for placing them has long since gone and other GMs promised to remove them but never did.

I really don't understand how a GM cannot search for player owned homes named "DSFASFA" and find them all themselves though....
I hope Pallando reads this ... I was not aware of the amount of the units. You wouldn't have a way of converting the UOAM coords to sextant coords would you? But that's hoping you have the marker file for UOAM. <crosses fingers>

The entire backbone to LA has been horrid for me for nearly a week. Even EA hops that are normally under 200ms are well over. Level3.net and ALTER.NET are having fun seeing who can be highest ping, so I've been offline a lot - with just meetings for finalizing some sales ingame.

Pallando - if you're reading this, is there no way for owner name scans to be executed on the housing server? The house sign gets the information from somewhere - I assume housing server or LA itself. I would think the ability to scan a specific name would be do-able. Could you check please?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: 232 DSFASFA homes

IIRC, there's something about the houses that make them invisible to the housing server until transferred to another.

And, any map file for UOAM will also work for UO Cartographer.

EM Pallando

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be following up on this with Mesanna (along with a few other things). I will post as soon as I find out.

B

Beer_Cayse

With Mesanna on the "injured" list it might explain it. I haven't had ANY decent playtime on LA due to massive lag issues ... which I posted to Cal in UHall and elsewhere. The backbone to LA is horrid and I can't get better than an NPC walk.

I have some other Trammel areas to check but it's gonna be painful. Also am recuperating from a few days in the Adirondacks of NY!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woohoo !!! i feel special, EM Pallando is at the bank with a dead silent Mesanna, but actually spoke to me HAHA....regarding the DSFASFA houses.....a little goes a long way with me...Thanks Pall...

And of course, the Snot noses are all crowding around Mesanna begging for stupid stuff....embarrassing...

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no problem! I'll see about racking up more locations tonight if I can. I got a lot of low-end items I can unravel (stupid brigands!!) while I did this.
Do you still want all 232 locations coords? I wish I had kept my old UO AUtomap as they were all marked but its easy enough to get them all again.

B

Beer_Cayse

That would certainly help.

If they are/were in UOAM isn't there some conversion that can be done to get UO coords from the UOAM ones? If the answer to that is yes then a quick run thru an Excel spreadheet and I can have the coords. Otherwise if the old UOAM file is around it should work in UO Cartographer. Either way it would be tons faster I think.

I know Pallando and the crew would certainly appreciate it ... plus based on past happenings mebbe about 6 of us here should have a full list for safekeeping? <shrug>

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They *WERE* in my UOAM before I removed my windows emulator and everything with it and had to reinstall UO and Parallels as I run on an IMac then UO Cartographer came along and unfortunately cannot find a backup of my UOAM anywhere :(

That would certainly help.

If they are/were in UOAM isn't there some conversion that can be done to get UO coords from the UOAM ones? If the answer to that is yes then a quick run thru an Excel spreadheet and I can have the coords. Otherwise if the old UOAM file is around it should work in UO Cartographer. Either way it would be tons faster I think.

I know Pallando and the crew would certainly appreciate it ... plus based on past happenings mebbe about 6 of us here should have a full list for safekeeping? <shrug>

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woohoo !!! i feel special, EM Pallando is at the bank with a dead silent Mesanna, but actually spoke to me HAHA....regarding the DSFASFA houses.....a little goes a long way with me...Thanks Pall...

And of course, the Snot noses are all crowding around Mesanna begging for stupid stuff....embarrassing...
12 days later, after being told these would be taken care of soon, and they're still around...fool me once shame on you.....

S

SLACK

12 days later, after being told these would be taken care of soon, and they're still around...fool me once shame on you.....
This my shock a few of you so only look if you are prepared......
once?????? :lol:
Isn't this like the third or fourth time this has been "addressed"?????
:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This my shock a few of you so only look if you are prepared......
once?????? :lol:
Isn't this like the third or fourth time this has been "addressed"?????
:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh:

Yes, and every other attempt has foreshadowed disaster for the data collectors (players, like T'Amon having HD failure, or EA people getting laid off, with the list irretrievable from their now-closed email). Hopefully that won't happen again

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can start the new list and I will include all lat/long coords and X/Y coords.. will that be sufficient? Also keep in mind these are only on Trammel facet.. none in Felucca Im aware of or trammel.. what about the banned houses on LA? theyve been around just as long.. i have those marked in 2 runebooks for both Fel and Tram.. a couple were removed over half a year ago but nothing since...

:grouphug:

Yes, and every other attempt has foreshadowed disaster for the data collectors (players, like T'Amon having HD failure, or EA people getting laid off, with the list irretrievable from their now-closed email). Hopefully that won't happen again

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Can't we just have like a little wand and go by each house and blow them up !!!

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't we just have like a little wand and go by each house and blow them up !!!
LOVE IT! I could of blown away 6 of them last night as I was wondering Britannia in search for my free Castle house plot open space. Been looking for over 9 years and some day I will find one. ;)

(yea, I am broke in UO so placing a castle is in my price range. I know I'm cheap, but I stopped buying/selling housing back on the LS shard years ago.)

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one's responded to my question here.. are sextant coordinates good? I also have the 19 banned houses of Trammel and Felucca that can be removed also.

I can start the new list and I will include all lat/long coords and X/Y coords.. will that be sufficient? Also keep in mind these are only on Trammel facet.. none in Felucca Im aware of or trammel.. what about the banned houses on LA? theyve been around just as long.. i have those marked in 2 runebooks for both Fel and Tram.. a couple were removed over half a year ago but nothing since...

:grouphug:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
send them in to Mesanna & Pallando.