• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Drop Rates

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right after they revamped treasure chest loot, I did about 100 devious and ingenious maps. I collected about 15 orbs, grapevines and shields. In addition, so many dresses, sashes, kelp leggings, and the female armor, that I was just leaving them in the chests. I also got 5 pardons.

It's been a few months since then and I did 150 more maps over the last few days and got one orb, one pardon, two shields, and many fewer of the other items.

Was the drop rate changed, or am I having a bad luck streak? Grape vines in particular seem much more rare.

Marcellis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the drop rate before, just started playing again but I've been doing Devious maps the last few days, below are my drops, just to give you a reference to your possible good or bad luck:

18 Devious maps
2 Orbs
1 Shield
1 Sash
2 Skeleton Keys
0 Pardons
6 Alacrity Scrolls
0 Vines
Few 5/6 treasure maps
Few Mib's

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Half the stuff you mentioned is SOS loot (dresses, kelp legs, bronzed valk armor, grapevines), not T-map loot.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. I admit it, I'm a loon. Maybe the reason the drop rates for the SOS loot were not advancing my case is obvious.

Still, treasure chest loot seems to be reduced drastically. I've got another hundred to go. Will keep track of my returns and report back.

On another note, is the polka dot bikini a treasure chest or SOS drop? Is it in the form of a standard pair of leather shorts?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's just the bikini top, and it's pre-chest loot from fishing. Other than the name and the glaring yellow color, it's a studded bustier (at least, it appears to be studded, not the normal leather) with the base resists for studded. I've not tried it on to see if it's non-medable (which the studded bustier would not be medable)

As far as I know the bottoms don't exist (if you get the bottom, please post a pic)