• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Drop rate for "big gems"

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know if its just a run of bad luck but at GM mining i have had just 1 "big gem" (a flawless diamond in this case) in 800 sturdy tool charges.

I remember getting quite a lot just a few months ago... (perhaps 4 or 5 per sturdy tool various types of gem)

Has anyone else noticed this?

B

bigwig1313

i have had no problem about 3 days ago getting gems you might be having some really bad luck

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have had no problem about 3 days ago getting gems you might be having some really bad luck
I think it was just really bad luck! I went mining last night and got several within the space of an hour! I mine in fel and I use a prospecters tool and also Gargoyle pickaxe as I am trying to stock up on each type of metal in order! from one spot alone i got 6 yes SIX shadow elementals! my treasure hunter is used for mining so I have GM magery and Mystic on him, takes 3 bombard spells to lay one low and I must say I am so glad I tried this way of mining! for anyone wanting to sotock up quicker get using the garg picks hehe.