• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Drop numbers

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Often times on stratics, and on auction safes sellers promote an item saying "5 drop" or "10 drop".

keep in mind that these numbers are more often than not deceptive, and only meant to promote a quick or overpriced sale.

there are no static numbers anymore in the new drop system (the reason i dont list them anymore), an item with 5 drops requested on each of 2 bosses often results in around 25 to 40 items total.

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

What effects drop numbers alot more than "requested drop numbers" is things like if it was a broken boss that many missed looting rights on, if it was an "everyone drop" or if an event had abnormally low turnout, reducing the random points drops.

If youre trying to make an informed purchase, feel free to ask a respected rares collector who regularly attends events, such as myself, Olcher, or Nails Warstein. We can provide an educated opinion, but can never give an exact number. because that simply doesnt exist.

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Often times on stratics, and on auction safes sellers promote an item saying "5 drop" or "10 drop".

keep in mind that these numbers are more often than not deceptive, and only meant to promote a quick or overpriced sale.

there are no static numbers anymore in the new drop system (the reason i dont list them anymore), an item with 5 drops requested on each of 2 bosses often results in around 25 to 40 items total.

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

What effects drop numbers alot more than "requested drop numbers" is things like if it was a broken boss that many missed looting rights on, if it was an "everyone drop" or if an event had abnormally low turnout, reducing the random points drops.

If you are trying to make an informed purchase, feel free to ask a respected rares collector who regularly attends events, such as myself, Olcher, or Nails Warstein. We can provide an educated opinion, but can never give an exact number. because that simply doesnt exist.
It should be noted that you're mainly referring to EM Items Season 13 and above that weren't stealable (guarantied point system came in to play around then)... though I still feel like we need to have some sort of drop number to determine if it was a high (100+), mid (20-80) or low (10-1) I can see your point. On the flip side however, previous seasons had duped items that are still tagged as under 10 drops... so how to get any accuracy on those? @Manticore has some listed on his rares page but who says there isn't others or 100s of those too??

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everything you wrote is true, but like Archnight said the drop numbers were kind of meaningless before also. There are many old items with higher drop counts than were recorded due to duping, the EM giving out the wrong information on how many dropped by mistake, someone recording the number incorrectly by accident etc.

For example, I was quite surprised when someone showed me a 1/1 item they had. Because I also had one... and was wearing it at the time... so apparently at least one of them is duped. That person gave me the one they had for free before they left the game, and I still don't know which one was the original and which is the duped one. I probably never will. I just really, really, hope there isn't a third one out there somewhere too.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For example, I was quite surprised when someone showed me a 1/1 item they had. Because I also had one... and was wearing it at the time... so apparently at least one of them is duped. That person gave me the one they had for free before they left the game, and I still don't know which one was the original and which is the duped one. I probably never will. I just really, really, hope there isn't a third one out there somewhere too.
Try putting both on a vendor and see which one goes, if they both then there was more than then one hehe :p. Yes I know that xfering can affect the item but could be something to try if you haven't already :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything you wrote is true, but like Archnight said the drop numbers were kind of meaningless before also. There are many old items with higher drop counts than were recorded due to duping, the EM giving out the wrong information on how many dropped by mistake, someone recording the number incorrectly by accident etc.
I wouldnt say drop numbers before were meaningless. there were only a couple years that many items were duped, and which items were duped was usually known and recorded.
old duped items were always noted with a *, leaving the buyer to make a decsion for himself on actual quantity.

that wasnt really the point of my post tho, its mainly that some sellers are currently advertising "5 drop" when this is absolutely inaccurate for recent items.

and because youd be surprised how many people still are unaware of the points system, felt it needed to be brought to the forefront again.

Hopefully the EMs will just stop announcing requested items (as some already have). It does more harm than good, and is easy enough for eventers to figure out for themselves if a drop was "low, medium, or high" in number.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try putting both on a vendor and see which one goes, if they both then there was more than then one hehe :p. Yes I know that xfering can affect the item but could be something to try if you haven't already :)
The vendor dupe-detection patch never included any rare items. They left out all rares on purpose. So 100% of duped rares will still go on vendors and always did. Which makes it doubly weird that some legitimate rares become un-vendorable after getting transferred, even though they weren't part of that system in the first place.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The vendor dupe-detection patch never included any rare items. They left out all rares on purpose. So 100% of duped rares will still go on vendors and always did. Which makes it doubly weird that some legitimate rares become un-vendorable after getting transferred, even though they weren't part of that system in the first place.
I can honestly say that I've tested a few rares in the past that wouldn't go on vendors... some have stated the same thing in game and on Stratics. Now if it's because of xfering or being a dupe, that I don't know

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can honestly say that I've tested a few rares in the past that wouldn't go on vendors... some have stated the same thing in game and on Stratics. Now if it's because of xfering or being a dupe, that I don't know
Here is one of the original threads where people realized it doesn't work on rares: [Discussion] - SO... duped Items and vendors!

They never changed that system, or at least didn't tell anyone if they did.

So I'm guessing all the non-vendorable rares are from transfers.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"I just really, really, hope there isn't a third one out there somewhere too."

If I were going to go through the effort to duplicate an extremely rare and valuable item, I would probably do it more than just once. I'm just saying . . .