• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

drink potion macro

G

Please, please, please can we have one for 2D

work just like bandage self macro except have a choice of pots, heal, cure, refresh, str,agility

G

I know built in client options are always preferred, but if you have UOA, it will do that for you, Mechanic. There are hot keys already set up for drinking heal, refresh, etc. You can record sequences of potion actions or set up keys for use of single potions that were not around when UOA was first created as well.

-Skylark

G

I do that now , but I would like to reduce my dependence on UOA as much as possible

G

*whistles a little*

*already has potions on hotkeys without the use of UOA or any other external program*

I

imported_xStrikerx

I'd rather have a great working client that is nice to look at than an ugly imcomplete client with bells and whistles.

G

Looks great to me, runs great, AND has all the bells and whistles.

I can't even recall the last client crash I've had, issues with the client are becoming more minor each patch, and the power of the UI as the players start to customize it is above and beyond anything you'll get out of the Legacy client.

Point being that you CAN Have hotkeyed potions (as well as a nice visible count for each potion and a detailed macro to unequip, drink, re-equip if needs be) right now, in the UO client, without external programs without paying for said external program.

But hey, if you choose to NOT make such improvements available, that's not my fault now is it?

I

imported_SavageSP

Wheres your Auto-map? The game map sux, always has, and a working map with players on it is essential for PvP and most group activities.

The only way it works is in 2D, until they get an equivalent in KR it will not be used by a huge portion of the Players.

G

Here

Only real functionality it doesn't have at the moment is real time tracking of other players.

Yes, it can be improved, but are you REALLY going to say that the Legacy version (again without an external program) is better?

I'll freely admit, UOAM is a damned handy program. I've used it PLENTY over the years, and I won't denigrate it, and the KR map does have functionality additions that need to be made.

However, the post was about Hotkeys or Macros for potions, wasn't it?

I

imported_SavageSP

Real time tracking of Players is the most important part, without that the map may as well be the old circle map.

Many of us have absolutely no problem with the way 2D works or looks, I like some of the things of KR but its not enough to make me switch. I love 2D, I hated 3D, and KR is nice but not finished until it has a true working map.

The only thing that would make me switch to KR is if they get Real time Player Tracking on the KR map or they Disable 2D, Id prefer the first Option, the second will only make people mad. Player Tracking on the Map is that important to alot of us, we depend on it and without it would be a MAJOR Issue.

No Other Map function is as Important as that one.
Potions I use assist for, payed a 1 time fee for every acct , and id gladly pay a fee for a working map again if I had to.

G

thanks for the nice derail about a client that doesn't work on my computer and if it doesn't work for my six month old computer it most likely doesn't work for over half the population.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

thanks for the nice derail about a client that doesn't work on my computer and if it doesn't work for my six month old computer it most likely doesn't work for over half the population.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly this will never happen, so you will need to get uoa or the other program that im not allowed to name. :&lt;

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just false.

R

Ryix (europa)

damn that tmap thing looks incredible i didnt know you could do that to KR.

Really the single only thing that stops me using kr is that i cant assign macros to my mouse buttons yet. when (IF) thats fixed ill probably never see 2d again.

T

Tark_Smash

They also need to make a way for people to log in, or be able to see guild/alliance on map. Would be better to make a way to log in, so random people could pay with each other, but I dont see how they could do that the way UOAM does.

G

Stuff about real time tracking of players

Ok, fair enough, I'd call that a legit desire for the client, and one that needs to be addressed.

G

Simply not true. The last piece of equipment I bought for my computer was my 22in Samsung widescreen and that was in May or June... of LAST YEAR.

My mobo, processor and RAM are ALL over 2 years old, and the video card about 8 months old (GeForce 7950GT 512Meg).

KR not only runs, but runs smoother and more stable than 2d.

If you're having problems running KR, I suggest you post your system specs and a description of what is happening over on the KR forum and let the resident techies help you out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Please, please, please can we have one for 2D

work just like bandage self macro except have a choice of pots, heal, cure, refresh, str,agility

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably won't help much, but when I play 2d and use potions I used the Last Object. That isn't ideal because; 1 you have to prep it as LstObj, 2 only helps for 1 pot at a time, 3 any other object interaction breaks it. That can turn out to be more of a hassel than it's worth.

As for KR performance, I run it on a 5 y/o comp. 2.4Ghz AMD single core, 1.5GB RAM, 256MB Video Card (non-express), XP.

For me, 2D is still a little more stable and can be a little faster loading items/objects but KR can seemingly out-pace 2D in other circumstances.