• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dreams Can Come True

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Strolling the streets of Moonglow I feel pride in being part of this magical city, alot of my learning when I came to this world was here in this city. It was a good feeling being part of this city now, finding a grassy spot I plop down cross-legged on the soft grass, looking around me it's beautiful. It felt like home, and was a nice get away from the bitter cold where I lived, the Dragons had been migrarting here for some time close to Dagar island in case they were needed but in a climate warmer for their needs. They would always come and go to Dagar island from their loyaluty to my family and myself, but I knew they were not fond of the cold. Daydreaming I had gotten lost in my dreams when suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned to acknowledge the person behind me I was staring into the many eyes of a Giant Spider waving his arm, leg tentacle or whatever you called that body part associated as a leg / arm *pft* whatever. So shocked I couldn't even scream, I take a deep breath and say " Well um Hello there..."
cocking its head back and forth and as if smile on the face of the thing, so it must be friendly, as thoughts go back to my first days in Britainia and all the creatures following me around, now I attract bugs, The spider reaching around its furry legs to bring forth an apple, " I was just hungry and took it but that creature of your told me to put it back" as the friendly lil Spider trembles telling me this. " who told you to put it back? and em why did you take it?" as I try to reason with the Poor Spider. " Can you Show me who told you this?" . Nodding its fuzzy Lil spidey head at me it motions for me to follow it. Getting up from the ground we make way around the building, seeing nothing out of the ordinary to me I am a bit confused what had happened. Pointing its fuzzy little arm/leg to the Dragon standing before me he says " That Thang, it tryed to eat me too" , smiling at the cute little spider I try to explain, "The Dragons protect me, protect where I am and what I represent and to my whole family they do this, they will normally only do good as long as we care for them and help provide for them and accommodate their needs, now rogue dragons are a whole different story but DragonStone Dragons are like family to us" we do not try to cage them or make them servents to us they are more like guards to my family" smiling at Medici .......then suddenly I can hear a huff an feel a puff hot air blowing down on me as I'm startled and sit up from the ground, rubbing my eyes "was that a Dream or what....."

1581102694117.png

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Opening my eyes I look up with Aedon tapping me on the shoulder grinning, and Dagda and Roberto standing close by giggling at the fact I was sprawled out asleep on the ground. As a warm breeze of a Dragons huff from his nostrils blows across me I turn and Medici stood guarding me I suppose as I slept, " Great even the Dragon laughs at me.." as I brood about the embarrassment. Looking around for the giant Spider, I wasn't sure it was a dream or for real. Shaking my head trying not to think about it probably best not to mention it, so they don't think I've lost my last marble.

1582911921101.png

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Preparing the City Hall for a Council Meeting to appoint staff for Moonglow singing a tune off-key to myself, my mind wrapped up with all I had accomplished this morning, as I turn the ledger around to flip up. The uneasy feeling of being watched chills me, goosebumps running up my arm, I turn my head to again see the Spider, from what I had assumed was a dream. Different colors but the same spider, I recognize the voice as it begins to speak, " If you reveal your curses it will doom you, You have created quite the mess here on this Island. I was lucky enough to clean up part of the mess before you revealed yourself to outsiders. Keep yourself focused on the task at hand, if you stray from its coarse it could affect all around you, including those precious Dragons you hold so dear. They could turn on you as so could your own Kin, tread lightly with the affairs of dark magic, young one, you know not enough yet to control your magics and those whom you want to fight could be your greatest allies, The Undead, your Mother took you away at your birth to save you from that torment, or was it truly torment? In pursuing the path you are following could leave you unfavorable to your family, now is the time to decide the path to follow, you are at a crossroads to your future, chose wisely and remember I linger down the road of one path" .......blinking my eyes open and lifting my head from the table again I awake from the strangest of dreams with the Gargoyle staring at me "All is cleaned up from the soup kitchen, are you ok Miss Daeny? I just let you sleep and took care of the mess on my own, I wanted to prove to that Monk Alexander that not all Gargoyles were Daemons, Miss Niamh helped me but that Smitty guy just slept with his head bent over on the other table outside, I did stuff some turnips in his hat" smiling his big Gargoyle loving smile at me. " How long have I been asleep?" as I wipe my sleepy eyes, talking as the Gargoyle wipes down the last table he looks up as he says, "Oh since that cult guy Enoch left you came back here and sat down giving us a list of what to clean up and fell right over on the Tablet on the table and fell asleep" It had been quite the day, a new friend Miss Lark had stumbled into the soup kitchen and it was nice to meet new people but and old friend Enoch which I had hoped to see that day and her didn't quite see eye to eye on matters then when Alexander the Monk saw the Gargoyle the aura of the event became slightly intense it had amused me so I tried staying out of the conversations for the most part.....looking around he was the last one left here and the place looked wonderful, " I am going to go home now if that's ok Miss Daeny" waving to me as he walks out the Kitchens door. So was that Spider just a dream or was it real, trying to shake off the thoughts in my head thoughts go back to the day and how much got done City hall is ready for a meeting and I had a Room prepared for an indoor archery Tournament, and we had Soup with some nice guests, the day was successful but I'm going home and going to bed .....

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Waking to feel completely refreshed from the eventful day before, thoughts quickly go back to the Spider and what he had spoken. Dream or not there had been truth in what he had said. " I am at a crossroads..." which would I choose? Some around me are not noticing what goes on in my life now, my most trusted mentor, my Sister hasn't spoken to me in several years, only rumors and third party information about her had I been getting. I was now on my own, all that I had learned growing up was no factor in my life here and now. I had very little teachings how this world was, and the magic I had briefly learned from Miss Izznet were not dark magic, so I suppose a trip to the city most associated with darker magics, Umbra, was in order.

Traveling the road to Umbra daylight was fading and I could see a light shining just south of the road drawing me towards it. Not exactly sure what drew me off my mission but a few of the voices were familiar and I found myself walking into a very crowded room, this many people made me nervous. As I had walked into the room I saw the Tin Coated Man I knew as Chanticleer and his loving companion Piper, busy in a discussion with a lady I had seen before but didn't actually know, so I quietly slipped up to the bar, where I was greeted by a very friendly barkeep. The room seemed very intent on whatever the conversation was about. Then whatever was pushing out of my conscience of what was driving me to the darker magics overpowered me. I said my goodbyes, and slipped out the door as quickly as I had come in. Calling to the polar bear who had become my transportation here and there we quickly made way to Umbra. Leaving the Tavern, something seemed so familiar, something that should be close to my heart I felt, the land seemed to know me as if I could hear children in the woods nearby, with a blink for just a bare moment I heard the word "Aunty" , but unknown why or what was calling to me I pushed on.

Crossing the Bridge into Umbra, all I could see was darkness, trees looking as if Dragons had burned them, deep reds highlighted the darkness of the city but for some odd reason the city drew me in. Wandering the streets they had many of the same businesses any city would have, until I ran into an odd-looking large building, reading the sign that hung at the bottom of the steps leading inside the building I read "Bloodletters Guild" , curiosity led me inside, stumbling as I started up the steps the Lady outside tried to suggest I go further inside and offered me a paper to have signed telling me to go to Luna, ignoring her I wandered on inside. What a creepy place, blood spilled everywhere and dark energy pulling me towards an iron maiden, rushing back outside I decided to check out a few more shops, everything here seemed to point directly towards what I had always fought against, the undead. Then the sign appeared that read "Necromancer Amphitheater" this was what I was seeking, I just felt it as it drew me inside, what was drawing me to such a dark place???

Last edited: