• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dreadmare Vs Nighmare

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to get some feedback about the good and cons of each until we come up with something to tell what is better than what.

lets just discuss how far u can take a dread 3/5 followers Vs Nightmare 2/5, and taking them to 5/5 each.

Important things to discuss:
pet final intensity
base damage
max strength

if you have 2 pets with the same specials, or same specials intensity please share some pictures

thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any pet can get 700 str if you have points. The max damage is based on slots not pet type.

I think you better build some other common pet types before you do anything to the dreadmare.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
was wondering if max str on a dread could beat a nightmare, same with the base damage
It would all come down to the resists of the target as they have different damage spreads.

A nightmare is 40 Physical, 40 fire and 20 energy
A dread warhorse is 40 physical, 20 Poison, 40 Energy

In pvm, a nightmare probably has an advantage with their damage spread over that of a warhorse.

bmwtech

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to get some feedback about the good and cons of each until we come up with something to tell what is better than what.

lets just discuss how far u can take a dread 3/5 followers Vs Nightmare 2/5, and taking them to 5/5 each.

Important things to discuss:
pet final intensity
base damage
max strength

if you have 2 pets with the same specials, or same specials intensity please share some pictures

thanks
I have one of both. If you look at the dread they look weaker but in battle they are not. the dread does more dmg with it special and also more phy dmg. Just my experience with both

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have one of both. If you look at the dread they look weaker but in battle they are not. the dread does more dmg with it special and also more phy dmg. Just my experience with both
Unfortunately, that is not the case. Given equal stats on a 0 resist mob, they will do equal damage. They also do equal damage with magery, if that is the magic you have given them.

The only difference in damage will be attributed to the resists of the mob it's fighting.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So intensity wise can we all agree that a 2/5 nightmare should beat a 3/5 dread.

example: if all the basics hit their cap str, dex, st, resists etc, there will be extra points to put on HP and mana on a nightmare?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
noone mentioned anything about the magical abilities & specials, are they identical on both pets?

is the firebreath damage equal for both?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
noone mentioned anything about the magical abilities & specials, are they identical on both pets?

is the firebreath damage equal for both?
Given equal stats and abilities, pets will do the same damage on a 0 resist mob.

That includes magical abilities and specials.

Given equal stats and abilities, it comes down to the resists of the mobs.

The damage formulas in UO are universal. Even between players, mobs and pets.

If you had a player character with the same stats as a 5 slot pet, they would do identical damage on a 0 resist target using the same abilities.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So intensity wise can we all agree that a 2/5 nightmare should beat a 3/5 dread.

example: if all the basics hit their cap str, dex, st, resists etc, there will be extra points to put on HP and mana on a nightmare?
A nightmare is 40 Physical, 40 fire and 20 energy
A dread warhorse is 40 physical, 20 Poison, 40 Energy
Remove Beat. As said. They do different damages. They would do the same damage to a target with equal resists.

Like you said, The Nightmare will have a higher combo of hitpoints/mana/regen.

But the dreadmare makes a puff of smoke!