• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread War Horses position themselves funny.

R

Revenant2

They have odd movement compared to other pets. They jostle around now and then, picking a different spot to stand. Sometimes seemingly out of nowhere they step away and then step back. When working on a monster (like a shadow ele), they seem to step to the side of other pets who are also working the monster, wanting their own space or something.

eh? I wonder why this is?

A

Azureal

Id like to think its because they are war horses, trained to fight, use stances and position themselves to best damage an opponent.

But we all know its just bad coding.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, i noticted it too.
They dont like to stand on ppl or they dont like ppl under them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was just noticing that when I had mine training down in Hyloth.... he insisted on standing out in front of me.... no matter how many times I repositioned us both he would not stand with me for very long... I found this very odd behavior.... thought it was just me.

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

D

Deb

This is one bad coding I think is neat if it is indeed bad coding...wish the nightmares still did thier little dance.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still haven't seen a Dread Warhorse do their' "Signature Attack" (Whatever it is). Neither have i seen any of the Wild ones with a Poison Aura. But yeah, i've noticed they do have funky AI when it comes to positioning. Guess the devs don't want tamers standing underneath the Dread Warhorse so everything locks on the Warhorse and not the Tamer.
I had a Firesteed that was moving funky as hell too about a year ago, if i walked in a circle 3 times and did a zig zag, instead of pathfinding to me the Firesteed would repeat my exact movements. Called a GM and he fixed it's AI.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still haven't seen a Dread Warhorse do their' "Signature Attack" (Whatever it is). Neither have i seen any of the Wild ones with a Poison Aura. But yeah, i've noticed they do have funky AI when it comes to positioning. Guess the devs don't want tamers standing underneath the Dread Warhorse so everything locks on the Warhorse and not the Tamer.
I had a Firesteed that was moving funky as hell too about a year ago, if i walked in a circle 3 times and did a zig zag, instead of pathfinding to me the Firesteed would repeat my exact movements. Called a GM and he fixed it's AI.
Heh,
The dread horses seem to do there attack even with the vanguard still riding them. (no smoke tho)
If im not mistakan the vanguard gets poisoned too, seeing a message above his head saying (a vanguard controller begins to spasm uncontrollably) or somthng like that, which is impossible when fighting solo using a normal pet
with no poisoning skill.
I first noticted it when i was fighting a vanguard and saw damage numbers around me (killing animals/blue npc's and 50+ damage to me) while fighting the vanguard mounted.
There was no one else there to poison the vanguard or to do that sort of attack.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

Maybe they have a WH ingraved in their hoves, leaving a nice mark when they hit you in the forehead. :p