• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread spiders

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

I wish we could tame these =[

I love spiders they are s cool, but as a high level character playing with other high level characters, in high level dungeons, frost spiders are just not an option, even with the pack instincts.

Their hp caps out at about half of a frenzied ostards, which already die too fast to bother against dragons or higher.

I wish we could train tougher spiders, and for that matter pack animals in general. I use ostards right now, and i can kill ogre lords and dragons, but usualy 1-3 die in the fight.

It would be awsome to maybe see 2 or 3 slots dreads with pack instincts, and 2 slot giant black widows with pack instincts.

Also, give drakes pack instincts to match them up with bakes for taming/controll slot level

and one last thing

let us tame shadow wyrms!

C

controlfive

tamable dread spiders would be sweet. looking at their stats though, i probably wouldn't use one. they have only very slightly higher hp, resists, and str (but less base damage) than frenzieds. they'd have to be 2 slotters because of the magery and high level poison.

i guess a kitsune tank, a dread spider, and a 1 slot spider for pack could be fun. good tank, 2 spellcasters, 2 poisoners, low level PI on the spideys.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

YES!!

2 slot Dread Spiders and 1 slot Black Widows!!

These would make excellent pets for 80-90 skill tamers. If they added some pack instinct, these could be fun to use for everyone as well.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe aye, I love the spiders. Though I think the frosty's are still my favourite to look at.

Though I do have an evil reason for liking dreads. My ex was a UO player, and tried to tackle a dread when he was a newbie 10 years ago. "Oh it's just a spider" says he, being all brave as you do the first time. Till he hit it. And started to spasm :D There's something extra funny about remembering your ex running through the woods screaming like a girl. And it really moved fast too.

Wenchy

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I have to admit, I did the same thing.

I logged in, and there was one next to my house. It was agro'ed on me, so it was grey (and the old graphic was the same as a regular Giant Spider)...I didn't notice anything unusual about it, and figured I would just go and kill it.

Needless to say, I didn't even make it back to the front door of the house :)

I learned to look at the name of spiders after that.

5% Luck

well 1st thx.

Id love to have a "good" spider pet. IMO it is something that is seirously lacking in UO!