• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Pirates and Pet Training

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are my personal favorite for training a pet up Fast. They have a lot of hit points, they don't hit real hard and if you enjoy the high seas and are decent with a boat in combat they are easy money...... UNTIL!!! You put wrestling mastery on a pet for round 2 of training and the Dread Pirate is disarmed! They are wrestling Gods and become totally unkillable once disarmed. Not sure what they are doing but my super Hiryu that kills them in about 5 minutes with their bow in their hands could not put more than a sliver of red in their health bar. Recalled in a trained tank RB with a third acct So we now have a Super Hiryu, a 3X legendary Tank RB, and a now 3 slot crimson drake, A EV and the Hiryus legendary archer all pounding on the dread pirate....... and still all we could get was a sliver of red on the healthbar of the pirate. And the Hiryu that rarely need healed with bandages on anything was in need of constant vetting and got red lined more than a few times............ After better than a hour of this I abandoned the fight Recalled Beetle Bailey back to the stable, jumped the low skill drake back onto my ship and made the final withdrawal from that fight and withdrew Metallic WarBird back to my ship as well. And just to be sure this was not some glitch..... Found and scuttled another pirate ship, killed the Orcs and BOOM the Drake disarms the Pirate and he goes into God of the Dread Pirates just like the first one.

LOL Iove learning something new! In this case NEVER disarm or use a pet that disarms when fighting Dread Pirates! LOL the fight with that one took so long that I got the message the Pirate on my pole escaped and swam away. educational, surprising and fun.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And today Fire Steed Training (Without Disarm LOL) Since Metallic Warbird can't be hurt he gets to be the primary pirate target. The Steed will go to 100% from 2-3 on this pirate in about 25-30 min. Then I will split them up and individually it will take 2 dread pirtes giving 50% each from 3-4 and then 4 dread pirates giving 25% each from 4-5. Total time from 2-5 is about 3 hours and 7 dread pirates :)

Firesteed Training.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 7 minutes training (Will have to call them off and let the pirate heal when he gets near dead........ Forgot about pack instinct)

Firesteed Training at 7 minutes.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 15 minute training and now a small break to let the pirate's health regenerate which it does fairly fast. WarBird can just stand there getting hit........ Only 1 in 40 shots hits him for 6-10 damage and he regens it in like 2 seconds.

Firesteed Training at 15 minutes.jpg

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like them but they take a lot of effort to get et up, especially on quieter shards. Plus if you don't leave someone watching over them they disappear once you recall away.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like them but they take a lot of effort to get et up, especially on quieter shards. Plus if you don't leave someone watching over them they disappear once you recall away.
Na waters South of Zento are full of them and 11 shots from the heavy cannons scuttles them, a few seconds killing the orc crew and then beat on the pirate :) Plus 10k Gold per WOW, AMAZING JUNK CANNON AMMO! and Orc Ship plans LOL I have put more orc ships together since pub 97 than I have the entire time from high seas release to pub 97 :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL if I didn't have to scuttle every merch ship I come across looking for pirates and loot it........... Training time for pets would be a lot less :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And about 5 min and the pirate is healed and ready to be beat on some more :)

Firesteed Training pirate healing break.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember to move your toon with the higher end pet targeted by the pirate........ when that toon times out his pet disappears and the pirate changes targets to your weaker pets :) And the pirate does make pretty short work of untrained pets. In a ideal world a friend would have their pet there training parry as the beater pet.......... That does not work out very often on low pop shards ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at 27 minutes of pound and 14 minutes of healing breaks for the pirate

Firesteed Training pirate 27 minute.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes if you have to do a lot of healing breaks........ The Pirate armor seems to get destroyed by the pets :) This is bad because it can really draw the training out due to more healing breaks because your pets are doing considerably more damage it seems ;)

Firesteed Training pirate armor destroyed.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thus concludes the entertainment. It took a bit longer than expected and longer than normal since I had to take multiple healing breaks for the pirate and beat him down to his hat and panties to get 100% on both total time to take 2 Fire Steeds to 100% from 2-3 was 1 hour 28 minutes Usually 25-35 minutes with one pet. That pack instinct though..............

Firesteed Training pirate 100%.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put Armor ignore, Disco, HPR, balanced the resist, 150 stam and the balance into like 25 hp. Phase two I will bump the HP and Str.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The second one I dumped everything into HP. After phase two I will probably add 120 Wrestle, Tact, anat and Disco scrolls to the first one. Not sure which route I am going to take with the second one yet.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I know one thing I am burning through my power scroll stash, never thought all those bushi, parry and wrestle scrolls I had been hording would be so useful. and I am down to like 15-20 each Anat and Tactics 120s on prodo shards.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3-4 Goes a lot faster as the gains are 2.5 per vs .70 from 2-3. But only 50% per pirate.

phase2A.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And at 11 minutes the Pirate is on the pole and we are hunting the next one. Will kill the next Pirate they drop a lot of majors that are relic frags or decent enough to use. Once Metallic WarBird starts hitting the pirate....... it is over fast :)

phase2c.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 minutes and two dread in the bag and Merch ship scuttled and looted ans 100% and around 9k in turn in points to boot.

phase2d.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upgrades for 3-4 were basic took str to 700, added base Damage, and took the hp up some more. After scrolling him up next round I will max the HP and put the rest of the points in Mana. The second one I am going to do the same except swap Disco for Poisoning. But now I have to go mine salt peter and make more fuse cords LOL I only have enough to scuttle 3 more pirate ships left and need enough for 4 :)

phase2E.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and why it is worth killing the pirates now and then........ You get good junk like this :)

Pirate Loot.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway not turning out as bad pets for unbonded 4 hour old or so fresh tames :)

phase2F.jpg