• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Pirates and Dull Stories

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So in my many travels throughout the seas I"ve heard many a tale from the Tillerman as well as small talk from Dreads on their way to the brig...below is the abridged version minus all of the pirate names...

Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Moonglow and I met a fellow who turned out to be one of Lord British's guards on a secret mission? Anywy, 'tis a dull story.

How about the time I was in Vesper and I met a fellow who liked the wilderness so much he got hives when he was in the city? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Jhelom and I met a wench who claimed to have visited a magical city in the mountains? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Vesper and I met a wench who played the lute like nothing you ever heard? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in the Tokuno Islands and I met a fellow who tried to make friendly with a tavern wench and got ale dumped on his head? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Vesper and I met a wench who thought I was terribly handsome? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in the Tokuno Islands and I met a wench who had golden hair as lovely as the sun? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Yew and I met a wench who claimed to know thee? I think she was lying, though. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Yew and I met a fellow who turned out to be a master mage? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Yew and I met a wench who kicked me really hard when I got friendly? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

And then the time I was in Yew and I met a wench who offered me a kiss and a wish, and like an idiot I took the kiss? She vanished in a puff of smoke right afterwards. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

And the time I was in Skara Brae and I meat a fellow who kept muttering about Shadowlords, whatever they are. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Nujel'm and I met a wench who made the worst clam chowder I ever tasted? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Vesper and I met a fellow who claimed to be an Avatar of the Virtues? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Or the time I was in Skara Brae and I met a fellow who claimed to be a pirate who sank whole merchant fleets? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

And the time I was in Trinsic and I met a wench who had found sunken treasure but spent it all? Anyway,'tis a dull story.

Dreads:

You bilge rats don't have the courage to fight me to the death! Release me at once and we'll settle this like sailors!

Ye are going to regret turnin' me in, I could have lead ye to me secret treasure!

Look, a flying golem!

Very well, I see yer point, release me and I will stop being a dread pirate.

Nice ship ye got here, o'course it's gonna be nicer once it's under my command.

Listen up ye layabouts! Tis time to get some work done! Hoist the sails, Man the cannons, and unchain me. The world of adventure is upon us!

Release me, and I swear I won't kill you or your friends or you pets.

I'm not really that bad, you know. I"m hardly "dread". I'm more like, concerned.

What this boat really needs is a captain with compassion...like..maybe me! What do ye say, fellas?

I've been inspectin' yer deck while I been stand'n here, and whoever swabbed it last missed a spot.

That guy is not steering the boat right. You better watch him. See, I'm helping. You don't want to turn in a helper.

Ye must believe me, I be personal friends with the Captain of the Guard and he said I was not to be chained up.

I've seen the error o' me ways, ye can release me now. No need for a tribunal, jus' drop me off at Buc's Den.

Ye just got lucky I tell ya, release me and we shall fight again and this time I will win!

Sorry, that was me.

That sail's trimmed not quite right, if he will just cut me loose for a minute, I'll be glad to fix it right up.

Let's make a deal. Ye unchain me and I will give ye the location of me treasure.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol
Garth - You have way too much time on your hands!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But wait, there's more..

Ar! Did I ever tell theee about the time I was in Serpent's Hold and I met a fellow who turned out to be a liche who wanted to steal my soul? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Trinsic and I met a fellow who got so drunk he claimed he'd tamed a dragon? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in minoc and I met a wench who loved moonlight so much she slept during the day? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Vesper and I met a fellow who was having a ship built in the harbor? It was huge, but it sank at the christening. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Britain and I met a fellow who dared me to sail around the world? He tried, and was never seen again. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in the Tokuno Islands and I met a wench who wooed by a handsome samurai? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Vesper and I met a fellow who had some get rich quick scheme involving selling tickets to watch people kick a ball around? Anyway,'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Vesper and I met a wench who made the best apple pies I ever saw? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in the Tokuno Islands and I met a wench who wore so much plate mail she rusted solid and starved to death when it rained? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Moonglow and I met a fellwo who claimed to be some sort of Time Lord? Anyway,'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Vesper and I met a wench who turned me into a toad? It stuck for two weeks, until another toad kissed me. Anyway, 'tis a dull story.

Ar! Did I ever tell thee about the time I was in Moonglow and I met a wench who was so scared of the dark she always hd a lit lantern? Anyway, 'tis a dull story.