• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drawing in the bad guys

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’ve been having problems soloing champ spawns when things get heavier in the 3rd levels and there are more ranged weapon attackers. I can’t seem to get them to aggro on me and come towards me ... they just wander around making it hard to get enough close enough to me to do allot of damage to leech from. I’ve tried opening and closing the paperdoll ... sometimes moving ... sometimes not ... doesn’t seem to really work. Any other ways to get mobs to move towards me and clump up?

IGF

Visitor
I’ve been having problems soloing champ spawns when things get heavier in the 3rd levels and there are more ranged weapon attackers. I can’t seem to get them to aggro on me and come towards me ... they just wander around making it hard to get enough close enough to me to do allot of damage to leech from. I’ve tried opening and closing the paperdoll ... sometimes moving ... sometimes not ... doesn’t seem to really work. Any other ways to get mobs to move towards me and clump up?
What template do you play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sampire and Enhanced Client .... I'm not looking for ways to improve my character

All I really would like to know is ways to get aggro'ed by all of the surrounding monsters ... so they go towards me instead of wandering around aimlessly ... by biggest problem is that they are spread out thinly and I can't get enough of them close to leech a bunch using WW .... I also have area effect on my weapons

IGF

Visitor
I don’t play sampire. But, in classic client I use an open paper doll macro and hit that a few times and every thing on screen aggros. For ranged attackers I would do that and off screen a bit so I would be out of range and the mobs have to follow to make an attack, then go back to the clump you’ve created and whirl away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no way to replicate the close/open paperdoll trick in the EC as far as I know, so you'll be stuck with smashing that attack nearest mobile button...

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bealank .... could you bring your macro into edit and take a screen shot of whats in it and paste it in this thread .... simple as this is it’s making me crazy.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
An example of whats making me nuts .... and I've tried this with all sorts of delays ..

Here's something I threw together after a CLEAN INSTALL of the EC ... it is supposed to simply open and close your paperdoll

upload_2018-4-6_17-11-19.png

If I start with my paperdoll CLOSED it opens the paperdoll and stops there ...

If I start with my paperdoll OPEN it closes it and then opens it again ....

I also get random messages on the screen telling me that I need to wait before performing another action.

I've added delays in the beginning .... between the 1st and 2nd paperdoll icon .... varied the lengths of the delays from .1 to 5 seconds .... it just doesn't doesn't want to be consistent ....

Why, if I start with it open does it close and then open .... if I start with it closed it only opens .... there are 2 ACTIONS in either case.

I'M CORNFUSED :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I setup target next enemy on mouse wheel back, then target previous enemy on mouse wheel forward. Then go into war mode and roll the mouse wheel back and forward. You will be balls deep in spawn in no time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bealank .... could you bring your macro into edit and take a screen shot of whats in it and paste it in this thread .... simple as this is it’s making me crazy.
I just press C on the keyboard for the default close paperdoll action and then press C again.
Too lazy to make a macro to do that.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Guess I’m spazzy .... one button for my ww attack macro .... my other hand to move my mouse .... if you make hit another/different button to open/close my paperdoll I’m in trouble.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I’m spazzy .... one button for my ww attack macro .... my other hand to move my mouse .... if you make hit another/different button to open/close my paperdoll I’m in trouble.
try using a mouse with thumb buttons. I have my special moves keys set to thumb buttons, the mousewheel is for targeting (target self and last target) and everything else is on the keyboard.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I setup target next enemy on mouse wheel back, then target previous enemy on mouse wheel forward. Then go into war mode and roll the mouse wheel back and forward. You will be balls deep in spawn in no time.
Hey DJAd,

Tried your mouse wheel solution .... for me it works perfect. THANKS

I had the mouse wheel setup to zoom in/out the screen ... now I just leave numlock on and use the +/- to zoom in and out. For the few times I need to adjust the screen it works fine.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Garrisons Rage

Another macro I have for my sampire is the following:

Target nearest enemy - special move (primary or secondary) - Attack current target.

This will automatically target the nearest enemy and perform a special move in one keystroke.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mine is basically the same except I select the special move 1st ... then Target Nearest Enemy ... and then Attack Current Target ... not sure it matters one way or another.

Thanks for the screen shot ... it helped me confirm that what I was doing was right :)