• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draw Your Character Contest!

Draw Your Character Contest!
Posted by Riyana
Stratics
Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One of the things that has kept so many of us playing or returning to UO after all these years is the attachment we form to our characters. Whether it be the stories and lore we create as we travel Sosaria, the long hours we spend training, or simply the fun of customizing a character's appearance, our characters mean a lot to us. So let's show them off!

Rules:

• You may create an image of your character from scratch in any artistic medium of your choice. Drawing, painting, ASCII art, sand pouring, Etch-A-Sketch, whatever.

• Digitally created art is fine, but again should be from scratch. Photo manipulations will not be accepted for this contest.

• Include an image of your paperdoll for reference.

• You may work with a partner or team, but only one reward will be issued per team if that team is selected as a winner.

• The work must be entirely your own (or that of you and your partner/team). You could not, for example, adapt an image from someone else's work to fit your character for the purposes of this contest.

• Each entrant (or partnership/team) may submit as many entries as they like, but may only place once.

• Entries must adhere to the Stratics Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Post your entries in this thread by 11:59 PM (Eastern timezone) on Wednesday, August 31st. At that time, the thread will be closed and winners selected by Stratics staff.

The winners will receive the following prizes:

1st Place: 2000 sovereigns or any Origin store Ultima Online item of equal or lesser value. One month of Stratics Professional and a medal indicating 1st Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

2nd Place: 1000 sovereigns or any Origin store Ultima Online item of equal or lesser value. A medal indicating 2nd Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

3rd Place: 500 sovereigns or any Origin store Ultima Online item of equal or lesser value. A medal indicating 3rd Place in the contest applied to the winner's Stratics account.

We look forward to seeing your work. Good luck!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As always, Stratics staff may post submissions but are not eligible to win.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I win no further need for Entries :) For the record I do not want to win anything, not that I really think my 5 minute paint sketch will. I just had some fun with it and hopefully help get the ball rolling.

Tyrath.jpg

Tyrath1.jpg

Oops forgot to put my cloak on :)
Tyrath2.jpg

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You have just under a week left to get your drawings submitted!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I tried to do this by creating a pic after the VvV banners. I hand drew my toon on Siege Mia Khalifa from my guild Beautiful Oppai Nuru Experts BONE:

mia-base-drawing.jpg

So far so good. But then when I started coloring it in Photoshop my arms REALLY started bothering me. I have a neurological issue which requires me to use braces and foot pedals and pen tablets, so I had to quit before even finishing the first layer (see below). So I'm just entering the pen and ink version.

mia-base-first-layer.jpg

Here is my paperdoll:

mia-paperdoll.jpg

Oh well, it is what it is. Back to harassing the UO store! (STILL NO ROBES!)

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This ends in a few hours! Get those entries in!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The submission time for this contest has ended. The judges will vote on the winners soon.

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest, your submissions all look amazing! :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The staff has now voted!

This was a tough one. There was a great variety of styles and creativity here, and nearly every entry got a few votes! Ultimately though, winners had to be chosen, and when the votes were tallied the winners were:

1st Place- @Jaden Rain
2nd Place- @jackie
3rd Place- @ShriNayne

The winners will be receiving PMs from me shortly regarding their rewards.

Thank you all for participating, and I hope you had fun. Watch this forum for the next contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.