• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragoon plus sampire?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a dragoon (bushido chivalry swords parry anatomy tactics 6 x 120) on a shard but no sampire on that shard. I'm wondering if there is any advantage to making a sampire also? What do you all think? Are there situations where a sampire would work better than my dragoon?
Edit: Both would be on the same account, so they couldn't operate simultaneously - I wouldn't have the dexterity to run them both at once anyway

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire would give you an extra mod on all weapons or just double your leeching. I'm building a suit right now that will work for both depending on what I feel like playing that day.

If the leeching as is is fine for you and you don't want an extra weapon mod then I'm not sure what benefits it would have for you.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Double the leeching? You mean if the sampire used the same 100 HLL weapons?
I was thinking about it because I had the sampire partly built before I transferred the dragoon over, and I kind of miss the simplicity of the sampire and that half-finished character just seems kind of lonely :) The dragoon is pretty effective but more complicated

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right. I plan to double it up on mine. Although not reforged to 100, I'm using 100% elemental damage double axes primarily and I don't have the patience to try to reforge 100 leeches on those. Just to max imbuable which is 81.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I'll give it a try - although I'm working on a few other chars at the same time, lol :never satisfied:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Personally I'd say no. I built my Dragoon and haven't missed a sampire one bit. Though my Dragoon has (iirc) 65 Poisoning which functions pretty similar to being in Vamp Form for the auto-cures anyway.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have found that sampires work a bit better on spawns with lots of casters because it has a set life leech instead of depending on the RNG for it.
But my Dragoons outdamage my sampires by far. All in all, I'd settle for the dragoon with 100% elemental double axes.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Personally I'd tend to go down the route of having one character and a massive graveyard of soulstones. Primarily because each template gets less fun after a while and variety is the spice of life. For example, some days I enjoy casually doing roof on a standard resist sampire because it means I can chimp out and completely ignore Virtuebane/Juo'nar's casting prowess, whereas other days I like to put every damage skill possible on there and see how fast I can demolish them. Similarly for spawns, I can happily use a standard build if I'm attempting to farm something, but, there's nothing quite as amusing as swinging a halberd at 1.5s and turning the game into Diablo 3.

Having said that, I do have a second sampire that I use for testing out eccentric suits and templates, but I also run a second account and have no character space worries. Hope that helps.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea, it just seems to me that sometimes the dragoon seems like using a cadillac when a chevette would do, and a sampire was just easier and simpler for lower-level stuff. Maybe that's just me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
[QUOTE="BeaIank, post: 2836083, member: 162953"All in all, I'd settle for the dragoon with 100% elemental double axes.[/QUOTE]
Would you remind me of the end result you're talking about with the 100 percent elemental weapons and the process to get there? Do you start with 100 percent elemental with dc runic, or is that the last step by enhancing? Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Would you remind me of the end result you're talking about with the 100 percent elemental weapons and the process to get there? Do you start with 100 percent elemental with dc runic, or is that the last step by enhancing? Thanks
It depends on whether the RNG hates you or not.
In my case, the RNG despises me, so I have to enhance to get 100% fire and cold weapons after burning through lots of shadow hammers. And burn countless more to get 100% energy and poison weapons.
If the RNG doesn't hate you, you may not need to enhance your weapon before imbuing.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So usually you're using the tool to enhance at the end after reforging 100 LL and imbuing? at $5 a tool, that can get costly, eh?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So usually you're using the tool to enhance at the end after reforging 100 LL and imbuing? at $5 a tool, that can get costly, eh?
Nay.
I just equip my best talisman and a +60 ash and pray for the best.
I only reforge elemental damage, not leeches, on my weapons.
So I enhance before imbuing. The imbued leech caps tend to be more than enough in most cases.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I enhance my weapons before imbuing. Just make sure it's not a metal that adds properties other than elemental damage.

If you're like me and don't have the patience to try for 100% elemental damage, 100% leech weapons, prioritize the elemental damage and go with sampire, IMO.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have both a "Paladin" and Sampire on Atlantic. My Paladin differs from a Dragoon as I do not have Bushido, and instead run with Resist Spells and Healing. I get some skill points from items as well.

My sampire is overall better - but I have some really sick shields for dexxers that I was itching to use on a template so that's why I created this additional toon. I use it more on Trammel-rules based champ spawns and in a few places like Blackthorn's, where sampire's struggle against certain captains.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now the problem is the new pets eating up all the power scrolls I would have used to build the sampire :always something:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally I'd tend to go down the route of having one character and a massive graveyard of soulstones. Primarily because each template gets less fun after a while and variety is the spice of life. For example, some days I enjoy casually doing roof on a standard resist sampire because it means I can chimp out and completely ignore Virtuebane/Juo'nar's casting prowess, whereas other days I like to put every damage skill possible on there and see how fast I can demolish them. Similarly for spawns, I can happily use a standard build if I'm attempting to farm something, but, there's nothing quite as amusing as swinging a halberd at 1.5s and turning the game into Diablo 3.

Having said that, I do have a second sampire that I use for testing out eccentric suits and templates, but I also run a second account and have no character space worries. Hope that helps.
If you can invest in 2 120 Powerscrolls of every type you can essentially have one character with all 120 skills unlocked and 6 characters that just hold skills. This will necessitate only about 22 Soulstones. Likely less because that's assuming each character is only holding six skills and it's assuming you want the useless skills as well.