• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragons?

G

GabryaelPax

Did they pump the dragons with the last publish? If so, and anyone knows of a link to some info I'd appreciate it.

Yesterday I merrily went to the Daemon Temple, la-la, to get some leather for my tailor and was promptly met by one of the meanest dragons I'd every come across... (I say "one of" because it turned out he wasn't alone, he had borthers)... it auto-dispelled every EV and Earthie I threw at it, nothing I did brought down its hits much even though I have 120 Magery and 119 Eval. I thought it must've been a paragon at first, so I left it in the jungle and went back to the temple for that leather. Lo and behold, the next dragon that spawned was just as mean! All I could think was I was lucky I hadn't chosen the dungeon for that leather. lol

Have they pumped dragons to make them impossible for a mage to single? I can still drop daemons and drakes with no problem, but dragons are suddenly uber for me, even though I just scrolled Magery and Eval to 120, and could drop most dragons with a couple of EVs when those skills were lower.

Thanks for any help.

G

They gave dragons back their long lost strength.... making them once again a formidable opponent.... Yeah!.... Some dragons however remain feeble.... perhaps you should try them..... if your looking for barbed I would suggest the WW.... Or the weak dragons.

G

GabryaelPax meet Greater Dragon, Greater Dragon, meet GabryaelPax.

(They added a new 5 control slot super dragon a month ago.)

-Skylark

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

They gave dragons back their long lost strength.... making them once again a formidable opponent.... Yeah!.... Some dragons however remain feeble.... perhaps you should try them..... if your looking for barbed I would suggest the WW.... Or the weak dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahHAH! I thought so! I don't mind that they've been pumped, but why did they take them out of the reach of solo mages? That instant auto-dispel sort of ruins any chance to use summons against them. Fighting those dragons was a large ouchie. lol

Where are the "weak" dragons, I really need that leather.

PS - Did they pump the Wind liches too?

T

TheGwy

I dont know if this has been fixed or not but Dragons give Plain leather Now

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

GabryaelPax meet Greater Dragon, Greater Dragon, meet GabryaelPax.

(They added a new 5 control slot super dragon a month ago.)

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Mystery solved. NOT pleased to meetcha, GDrag. LOLOL

Glad I PvM by the motto: "She who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day."
Rubber-banding off the jungle growth while I ran for a chance to heal reminded of the pre-Tram days.

You'd think a dragon would show a bit more respect toward us "Lady"-types.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That was supposedly scheduled to be fixed in a patch. Don't know if patch has made it yet though.

-Skylark

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH?!?!?!?
Since when? I haven't hunted for barbed for a couple of months.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

The greater Dragons give plain leather, a fix is in we hear to fix it. How do you tell if greater or normal dragon you face, have a tamer lore it or have it hit you once. The Normal dragons still give barbed leather.

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

The greater Dragons give plain leather, a fix is in we hear to fix it. How do you tell if greater or normal dragon you face, have a tamer lore it or have it hit you once. The Normal dragons still give barbed leather.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhh...

Well, guess the answer to, "Where are the barbed-carrying dragons?" would be, "Around"? &lt;sigh&gt;

G

I killed one of the new Great Wyrms with my Mage who has 120.0 Eval/GM Inscrip/47% SDI by casting E-Bolts on it with a Dragon Slayer Spellbook...took me about 5-10 minutes.

The new Great Wyrms can be found anywhere that a Dragon spawns. When a Dragon spawns, there's a decent chance that they will be one of the Great Wyrms. Normal Dragons and Great Wyrms spawn in the same areas.

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

I killed one of the new Great Wyrms with my Mage who has 120.0 Eval/GM Inscrip/47% SDI by casting E-Bolts on it with a Dragon Slayer Spellbook...took me about 5-10 minutes.

The new Great Wyrms can be found anywhere that a Dragon spawns. When a Dragon spawns, there's a decent chance that they will be one of the Great Wyrms. Normal Dragons and Great Wyrms spawn in the same areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tips! Guess I'll just have to take my chances if I want that barbed.

What they've done to the Bags of Sending sure has made it harder to gather leather, good thing I don't need that much of it.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I get all my barbed leather from the shadow wyrms on the 2nd level of destard. They didnt seem to get buffed at all.

Killing the greater dragons on a mage is tough. They heal a lot when down below 5% health, usually takes me 150 mana and some luck to take off that last bit.

G

GabryaelPax

<blockquote><hr>

I get all my barbed leather from the shadow wyrms on the 2nd level of destard. They didnt seem to get buffed at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

<blockquote><hr>

Killing the greater dragons on a mage is tough. They heal a lot when down below 5% health, usually takes me 150 mana and some luck to take off that last bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luck. Guess that's a requirement now? I don't have any luck at all on my mage.

I

imported_xStrikerx

Not the in game luck stat. Luck as in the RNG going in my favor and have the dragon not spam heals or quick damage spells.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did they pump the dragons with the last publish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...Melina just encountered three. ooOOO