• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Wolf

Tysong

Visitor
Just coming back to UO and really getting into my tamer. This topic has been addressed, but with nothing new in the past year or two. I have a 92% intensity, 3 slot dragon-wolf and I want to make a nice template with it. I know AI/Chiv are out of the question. If anyone is able, would you post some good templates? and maybe go into some detail as to why that template is good and what mob/scenarios it would play well against? Thanks in advance.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So to interrupt ur thread, but whats special about those wolfs? Any special abilities/moves other pets dont have?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I ended up with just AI/Poison on mine. It can't get any of the traditional magics. Some people have put wrestling mastery on theirs, but personally I'm not a fan of wrestling mastery/slashing/piercing, all pretty terrible in my experience. Pretty frustrating because they are one of the coolest looking things you can tame but they have dragon breath and can't get chiv. Still, mine hits hard with the high strength and AI.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, these buggers are soooo neat, it's too bad they're not better to make them as usuable as even an average hiryu or cu. Seems to me that isn't such a game breaking deal since you can't even ride them.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just AI, or Wrest Mastery.
With just Dragon Breath (which has a cooldown) and AI, they'll spam AI often. With Wrest Mastery, they can get some pretty impressive hits sometimes, especially if Fists of Fury is procced and all three hits land.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the highest stat ones you all have? I have a 918 STR 817HP that I trained but they still lack a lot because of being 3 slotters.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I never bothered because it's just another physical damage pet like all the others dime a dozen... didn't see much point. I tamed one and found it rather lacking.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why reply Malagaste? I just found the Dragon Wolf to be fun to be around, I know it's a deadend pet but we get attached to our pets, right? Just curious if anyone else was as weird as me. However I will say, I took him on several trade orders during Krampus and he killed the ambushers a lot faster and easier than my 120 all trained fire beetle which is supposed to be uber, right?