• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Slayer Vs. Reptile Slayer

Legendary Rouser

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is there a difference between the dragon slayer instruments and reptile slayers? I've been using my flute of renewal reptile slayer in Destard opposed to straight up dragon slayer. I've noticed my success with the flute is less then a dragon slayer, its that RNG? or just my dumb luck?
And also, does that apply to spellbooks? You can craft a Reptile slayer Scrappers, but a dragon slayer spell book.

Last edited:

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Triple damage to Dragons with a Dragon Slaying spellbook, less (double?) with the Reptile 'Superslayer'. Not sure on instruments, but probably follows the same logic.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I cannot find it but I remember that with SA, Super Slayers do double damage because they are not creature specific. Reptile Slayers can be used on any creature that is in the reptile family so it does double damage. Specific slayers such as a Dragon Slayer used on a Dragon will do triple damage because it is only used for that one specific named creature.

If I remember right, pre SA, Super Slayers and Regular Slayers both did double damage. I hope this helps.

edit: I cannot find it on stratics and I have not found the patch notes yet but here is something from UOGuide. http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer

Legendary Rouser

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok, some good info there. I have a dragon slayer spell book, and I can hit a GD for about 110-135 when Discorded. I also went back to digging in my bank for dragon slayer instruments. From the Instruments I used, the dragon slayer had many more successful attempts then the flute of renewal.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not read anywhere that a specific slayer instrument offers any additional bonus to the success chance to discord, provoke or peace over that of the super slayer for the same group... I believe both slayers offer a 10% success chance increase. The rest is RNG. I have not tested the damage effects of either of the discord songs with the different instruments, but I would assume that the damage rules will still apply to the instrument (specific slayer>super slayer). I do not think spellbooks have any effect on the bard success chance or damage output.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I didn't tested it but I think that you will get the same damage with a Dragon and Reptile instruments.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instruments don't differentiate between slayer and super slayer for bard abilities so there is the same damage modifier applied for slayer or super.
For the success chance at disco or provo, I'm not sure.