• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Head deed, A dream comes true turns into a nightmare

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the time I saw the dragon head in Luna I just had to have one. Then we get one with Spring Clean. WOOHOO.. I decide before I waste my pts on the WRONG direction i get one of each direction on test and well test it.

It turning into a nightmare. :sad2: I can't for the life of me make it look good on the wall, uh actaully looks more like its on the floor. It looks more like the spawn at recent events than how I thought it would look.

I ran to town got a deco tool raise until I got the message can't raise anymore still looks like it on the floor. No i am not new to decoing.. i have deco my house many times. I am 7 yr vet and have spend hrs make things "Fit" but this one has me baffled.

HELP!!!! Please suggestion are welcome.. Heck show me on test so I can do on my shard.

Thanks
Luc :sad3:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BUMP!!

Okay.. Does the guild JaG ring any bells. We host maze houses, give away mils in gold and items. We do have a great knowledge of decoing but even JaG needs help.

PLEASE HELP!!!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luc, I have no smiley-faced fix for you, but did you try goza? sometimes you can get things higher with them.. just a thought, I haven't tried the dragon's head yet :(

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Place a square goza mat, raise it 10 times, place the dragon head trophy on the goza.

That was the highest I could get one to go after 2 min of trying on test. It wont work if you raise the goza more than 10 times, but it did help raise the trophy from the normal positioning.

G

galefan2004

From the time I saw the dragon head in Luna I just had to have one. Then we get one with Spring Clean. WOOHOO.. I decide before I waste my pts on the WRONG direction i get one of each direction on test and well test it.

It turning into a nightmare. :sad2: I can't for the life of me make it look good on the wall, uh actaully looks more like its on the floor. It looks more like the spawn at recent events than how I thought it would look.

I ran to town got a deco tool raise until I got the message can't raise anymore still looks like it on the floor. No i am not new to decoing.. i have deco my house many times. I am 7 yr vet and have spend hrs make things "Fit" but this one has me baffled.

HELP!!!! Please suggestion are welcome.. Heck show me on test so I can do on my shard.

Thanks
Luc :sad3:
You pretty much have to work the design of the house around it to make it not look bad. If you put a loft in your house and stick it on an opposing wall it might not look as bad to you. It could have been designed a little differently, but its not entirely that bad.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You All.. I thought the Goza trick was nerfed so i didn't tried. Not to meantion i get crossed-eyed doing it.

::Grabs bag of Gozas and gpes Whistling on my way::

B

butthead owns

easy fix lock a rune lown then raise to to the lockation u want the place a wooden table under it when it full hight then release rune then dbl click u deed then target the runt wala poo where u wanted it

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank You All.. I thought the Goza trick was nerfed so i didn't tried. Not to meantion i get crossed-eyed doing it.

::Grabs bag of Gozas and gpes Whistling on my way::
unless you have done one of JAG's mazes you will not understand why I'm LOL'n at that cross-eyed comment :D

F

Fayled Dhreams

go to luna ... second floor ... measure the Dragon head there ... same height max as on test ...
for a personal copy.

What need of raising it higher? want it peeking thru on the floor above?

Sheesh ... and the ones crying for "should be ONE and turnable ... east and south faceing"
*Shakes head*
If "turnable" minimum of 5 facings ... east, ese, south, wsw, west .... just like characters "pivot"

Want to raise it higher ... anyone try an exterior mounting? like over a castle door? .... or under an eve?
(forget gargoyle type mountings, till you get the 5point turn) ...

wish I had screen shot posting capacity ... the pic above?
This one by Tiranog

restore down your browser ...get that shot on the edge of the frame ... go to luna and align with the original ...

same height ...use paint and dot count ... same height ... take a chair to test ... compare ... same height

Just saying ...
Want some deco changes? think them out ...

G'day

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be ONE and turnable. Only needs two facings... south and east.

Get over yourself guy.

Where is that ignore feature?

F

Fayled Dhreams

There should be ONE and turnable. Only needs two facings... south and east.

Get over yourself guy.

Where is that ignore feature?
Get over Yourself ... IF theres "one" and "turnable" ... why LIMIT yourself to east and south?
Just because I'd like to have one facing >straight< down screen, mounted in a corner or curve ... Like it "would be" in a Northwest mounting of a corner or curve (screenie above) ... or, even more bizzarely a round "central column" or "table" ... symetrically ringed with "outward" facing dragons head ...

For that matter, since I only suggested a "minimun" number of Facings ... I'd actually "Like" MORE than the current static eight directions .... a "full spin" of 360 degree ticks .... NOW we're talking "sufficient" .... And yeah, I know, some of those would be veiws of only the "top of the head" ... So? I can't even "see" you ... yet I can imagine what you are in appearence, if not manner ... :lick:

Burma Shave