• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Dragon barding deeds

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I crafted 2 exceptional dragon barding deeds out of verite ingots. The deeds were "normal" colored, and when I put one on a swampy it added the same resists as normal iron. Did I do something wrong, or is there a problem with them? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
when i did swampies it was my understanding that basically all ingots where the same; with exception to shadow as it gives off more protection. then i finally bit the bullet and bought a paroxymus

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
when i did swampies it was my understanding that basically all ingots where the same; with exception to shadow as it gives off more protection. then i finally bit the bullet and bought a paroxymus
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am wrong, but my understanding is that the different colored ingots give more/different resists to the swampy, but all exceptional ones "absorb" 20% damage. did that change or did I read it wrong?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
no i think you read it right; i just was always told shadow deeds last longer; but ive seen different kinds expecially verite and dull copper

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no i think you read it right; i just was always told shadow deeds last longer; but ive seen different kinds expecially verite and dull copper
Exactly. According to UOGuide, an exceptional one made of shadow will "absorb" 17K damage. The other exceptional ones will absorb from 12K to 14.5K, depending on the color of the ingots. But even when I use different colored ingots the deed still comes out "normal" colored, and is only giving the added resists to the swampy of a regular iron one.

Any help @Kyronix @Bleak?