• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi's Publicity Stunt

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A publicity stunt (while it does sound like fun) would be the town crier gathering a mob and sending us to coordinates. Then hanging said cheater on a pole and allowing us to beat him while we set the house on fire and watch it burn to rubble (while still beating him). Or would that be overkill?

All jokes aside, they have a privacy policy and people always complain about nothing being done so this was the best way to show something being done while still keeping things private.

G

Hello i have read some of the posts here and there are some things i would love to point out. I do think some things need to change at IDOCs . I agree that there are those that script at IDOCs, But i also know that not everyone that do IDOCs, scripts. There is so much info on how to do IDOCs out there that would make you as good as any team out there whether you started today or years ago. Stuff that as of right now would tell you how many hours a house sits in each stage to how many hours it is IDOC. All of it is on the net waiting. I dont mean player web pages, I mean EA's Main web page. If you want to fix IDOCs then make it so ppl can not place right away. That i could see, but to change the times so that they fall randomly? I am not sure is a good idea . Actually, I know it is not... let me tell you why. A few years back now I was at a little sandstone house that was falling on Ice that has been there for years . On its roof was a axe, now not just any axe, it was "Justice Axe". It was an old seers item that had so much histroy in this game and it was something from our game past . Now, had that house fallen randomly, the odds that that Axe would have been forever lost is high . Then, like so many things we have lost over the years in this game (not saying we have not gained as well), we would have lost another piece of this games past. And over the years that i have gone to IDOCs, I have seen other event , seer, rare , GM items come from these houses so that they can be shared with others . I have also seen them end up in display in some houses, so the youngs that come to this game can also know where this game came from and those that came before them. We have a shrine to those Seers, GMs, Councelors that are no longer with this game . So why should we lose those items as well, with haveing a house fall in the middle of the night when no one will be there to save it. I am not talking about all the ingots , wood or other such stuff, h***, delete all that. But those rare items that say this seer was here or that GM gave this wedding ring to someone for their wedding need to be saved.

Oh and one more thing Draconi, on my shard which i run around often, on two different times i found two different houses with what do you know.... 2 to 3 different chars porting in and out dropping off stuff in to heavy chests and these chests were over 2mil in stones . So like any good UO player i tried to get a GM to come take a look and see what i was watching. I stayed there for awhile watching these chars come and go. Oh i tried to talk to them by the way but well, I didnt get an answer...it was so damn odd . Anyways I also had some friends come and page the gms and we got the canned message saying they will look in to it. That was umm, 5 months ago now and that house still stands with the chests getting heavier and heavier and the chars keep coming and going like before . Oh, and the same for the other house. I want scripting stopped as much as the next person, I just think there is bigger problems in this game that need to be fixed rather than IDOCs, things in every aspect of this game from PvP to Crafting. There is a web page that tells ppl these bugs and how to use them. Come on, if they know how to use them and it is posted on the web can we not get them fixed ????.
And on that note, I wish you all safe travels

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

Draconi needs to step up his act. Burn all of Luna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure he needs to burn ALL of it.

I am THRILLED that they are requiring that vendor renters bear equal responsiblity as home owners and beware who they rent from lest their vendor go up in smoke with a cheater's house.

That said I have three words for Draconi and crew:

more

More

MORE!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When a house falls there should be a huge explosion all around killing everything and everyone who stands close to it, Visible or invisable.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Ties Frarc to the Effigy of a traitor and walks away*

[/ QUOTE ]

And you do that because?

F

Flanuva101

I think the explosion part is good but killing everyone around it might be a bit of a stretch. If that happened, you will have people complaining about spending too much in insurance money and keep begging for a change that isnt needed...again.

Although i give props to Draconi for getting rid of one of the people that is ruining this game, alot more need to be taken care of.

In case no one knows this , I pretty much spend 99% of my playing time either looking for idocs or camping idocs on a couple shards. Why, some may ask? Well, it is what i personally enjoy doing. Even the houses that are private have an aura about them. Coining a phrase from a movie, " You never know what you are going to get" is the biggest thing that brought me into doing idocs. Anyone who has done idocs, and I mean the people that actually do it consistantly, not the ones that come to one here or there, know that scripters are the worst thing to happen to idocs. They sit there, camping afk with something running that will auto place for them and then when the high value house falls, they usually dont even loot. Well actually, they arent even there to loot, they are in another room reading the " How-To book on 101 ways to ruin Ultima Online without even trying"

The ones complaining about idocs needing to be changed are the ones that dont even spend time to actually learn how to do them. They come in to one or two a week, see someone place when the house falls and automatically think they scripted the placement. People that dont even spend time finding these houses or camping these houses have more say in what happens to idocs than the people that actually do them. What is wrong with that picture? ....Everything! That would be like me reading a book on Brain Surgery for Dummies and then writing an article in the New England Journal of Medicine on how to do it better. I would have no idea what I was talking about but it is a better way to do it. Thats what all this hooplah from the people that think they are idocers are doing. They think that just because they are some part time, fly-by-night person that camps a house here and there that their voice should be taken as gold for the rest of the real idocers. That notion is almost laughable. You arent idocers. You are people that want everything changed to suit you and your needs and shouldnt have even been listened to about what needed changed.

Should Idocs be changed? Yes to some extent. But nothing like what is being posted. Changes should happen with the scripting issue. Take out the scripters and scripting programs and everything would be fair. He^^, even just making the area not placeable for a couple minutes would have been fine. But to piggyback on what Lady Magdalaine said, you make the times random and have houses fall whenever, you will lose alot of history from the game. Keep the fall times how they are but get rid of the scripters that plague this game and give a bad name to everyone else.

Props to Draconi and everything he has done so far. IMHO it should have happened long ago but keep up the good work.

G

All I will say is "Draconi Rocks!"

He is leading UO down the best path it has been on for years!

Be well!

Zoo

G

<blockquote><hr>

The burning houses in Luna...

How did they stop scripters, dupers, or speed hacks?

Did they

1) Change the code or connections to the game?

2) Change the Mechanisms of the game to prevent duping?

3) Stop speed hacks from exploiting a third party program allowing players to circumvent the tick clock?

This was a great publicity stunt to calm down the flaming on these boards.

If you say this wasn't a publicity stunt then why the efigy and the burning house?

Now devs can you please just do some simple changes to the game and fix these problems?

If you don't know how there are lots of great ideas here on these boards .

Now you fan devs can flame away at me

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, and it's not the only time they've done it. See Maginicia invasion.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I think the explosion part is good but killing everyone around it might be a bit of a stretch. If that happened, you will have people complaining about spending too much in insurance money and keep begging for a change that isnt needed...again.

Although i give props to Draconi for getting rid of one of the people that is ruining this game, alot more need to be taken care of.

In case no one knows this , I pretty much spend 99% of my playing time either looking for idocs or camping idocs on a couple shards. Why, some may ask? Well, it is what i personally enjoy doing. Even the houses that are private have an aura about them. Coining a phrase from a movie, " You never know what you are going to get" is the biggest thing that brought me into doing idocs. Anyone who has done idocs, and I mean the people that actually do it consistantly, not the ones that come to one here or there, know that scripters are the worst thing to happen to idocs. They sit there, camping afk with something running that will auto place for them and then when the high value house falls, they usually dont even loot. Well actually, they arent even there to loot, they are in another room reading the " How-To book on 101 ways to ruin Ultima Online without even trying"

The ones complaining about idocs needing to be changed are the ones that dont even spend time to actually learn how to do them. They come in to one or two a week, see someone place when the house falls and automatically think they scripted the placement. People that dont even spend time finding these houses or camping these houses have more say in what happens to idocs than the people that actually do them. What is wrong with that picture? ....Everything! That would be like me reading a book on Brain Surgery for Dummies and then writing an article in the New England Journal of Medicine on how to do it better. I would have no idea what I was talking about but it is a better way to do it. Thats what all this hooplah from the people that think they are idocers are doing. They think that just because they are some part time, fly-by-night person that camps a house here and there that their voice should be taken as gold for the rest of the real idocers. That notion is almost laughable. You arent idocers. You are people that want everything changed to suit you and your needs and shouldnt have even been listened to about what needed changed.

Should Idocs be changed? Yes to some extent. But nothing like what is being posted. Changes should happen with the scripting issue. Take out the scripters and scripting programs and everything would be fair. He^^, even just making the area not placeable for a couple minutes would have been fine. Keep the fall times how they are but get rid of the scripters that plague this game and give a bad name to everyone else.

Props to Draconi and everything he has done so far. IMHO it should have happened long ago but keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

"...I pretty much spend 99% of my playing time either looking for idocs or camping idocs on a couple shards."

I idoced quite a bit on Pacific and in under a year filled 3 keeps and several 18 x 18 plots with idoc loot. Item management became a huge problem (but then I rarely sell anything). I wonder what you are doing with all that idoc loot? Selling it for cash on a website maybe?

"The ones complaining about idocs needing to be changed are the ones that dont even spend time to actually learn how to do them."

I disagree. I complain, I idoced everyday for almost a year on Pacific. I, like a few other idocers, know who ALWAYS win ALL the Luna City idocs and ALL the castle idocs on all shards, I myself saw these guys exploit themselves into an idoc keep. Please do not think that your free ride and easy living idoc days might be going away because people don't understand how idocing works.

We understand and we are SICK AND TIRED OF THE WAY IT WORKS.

I think the greatest thing that could be done for idocing is to remove signs that a house is decaying. With a few rules of course.

Banned player's housing should be deleted at the instant an account is banned and left wide open to placement by the first player who happens along (or turned into a park or npc owned area or left burning as a warning).

Trial accounts should NOT be allowed to place or own a home.

Filled water barrels need be destroyed with one swing of an axe (to counter 1 click barrel filling).

"But to piggyback on what Lady Magdalaine said, you make the times random and have houses fall whenever, you will lose alot of history from the game."

History won't mean crap if UO ceases to exist. Lose a piece of history lose a cheater and save UO.

It's an easy choice for me. Bye cheaters!

"Coining a phrase from a movie, " You never know what you are going to get" is the biggest thing that brought me into doing idocs."

I'd like to borrow some song lyrics to describe idocing without signs of house decay:

This is the army Mr. Jones!

No private rooms or telephones

You had your breakfast in bed before

but

you

won't

have

it

there

anymore!

So it's more work to idoc without having the exact times pinpointed for you. But you enjoy it SO much that even if you can't tell ahead of time when a house might fall, I bet you'll take the time to run around and see if any did fall.

Of course all this is just speculation, it is very possible that by some miracle someone somewhere has FINALLY figured out how to S T O P scripters. Guess we have to wait until next publish to find out.

S

Sees Far

<blockquote><hr>

I idoced quite a bit on Pacific and in under a year filled 3 keeps and several 18 x 18 plots with idoc loot. Item management became a huge problem (but then I rarely sell anything). I wonder what you are doing with all that idoc loot? Selling it for cash on a website maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, Paris. Your snide little inference is way off the mark. How about running a couple dozen vendors and a weekly auction that MANY people would be very upset if it were to be cancelled?

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree. I complain, I idoced everyday for almost a year on Pacific. I, like a few other idocers, know who ALWAYS win ALL the Luna City idocs and ALL the castle idocs on all shards, I myself saw these guys exploit themselves into an idoc keep. Please do not think that your free ride and easy living idoc days might be going away because people don't understand how idocing works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you profess your brilliance, then betray your ignorance in the same statement. Yes, doing idocs can be rewarding, but no, it is not a "free ride" or "easy living". The process from finding worn houses through selling the items is the most time intensive UO activity I have been involved in. It involves a level of organization and teamwork far beyond anything else I've been involved with. It goes beyond just selling items for gold. These folks have helped out more individuals and supported more shard events than you could ever realize. We all know that after a few idocs you can fill up your houses - if you did not have a means of disposing of your items you were never a real idocer, were you?

Scripters are the biggest problem with idocs, but those who glibly suggest destroying my play-style in order to correct it are either ignorant of what it involves, in which case the devs (who should know better) should take that into account, or they just don't give a dang about ruining the game for idocers, in which case I offer you my tallest digit.

Honest idocers may be a minority in the game, but we are honorable and hard-working for what we get. We created this play-style out of the game as we found it, within the rules. I dare you to suggest changes that would ruin pvp in order to stop speed-hacking and get yourself flamed to a cinder. With a little careful thought and planning, solutions to stop scripters could be put in place without radically altering the game mechanics for idocs. This notion that I hear so often that they need to make houses fall at totally random times or have some kind of lottery for idocs is just another example people wanting the benefits without doing the work and cloaking their misguided ideas under the umbrella of stopping scripters. Hey, they could shut down the servers and that would stop scripters too. Let's try to be intelligent and considerate of other people's play-styles when we're suggesting changes, how about that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

all idoc's should do this and not have a set timer as to when the area will be placeable. 1 minute - 30 days

[/ QUOTE ]Certainly the predictability of IDOCs is a glaring facet of the problem, but that won't be the only thing to change... mwaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Predictability is an issue? Now I know you arent specifically agreeing to a 1 min - 30 day RNG timer, but let's pretend you are. Would it be considered even remotely sane to expect me to sit live at a pc and try to place a home in a location I desire every minute of every day for possibly 30 days? Or would it be more palletable to assume that I would rather download a script to do it for me?

Draconi your reply scares the bajeebas out of me. The opposite of predictable is unpredictable. That can only mean RNG. Please don't turn this game into flip-a-coin online.

The only way to beat flip-a-coin online is to spend more time than anyone else flipping coins. That = scripts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unpredictability favors the scripters, they don't care when it falls. They don't even have to be sitting there to place. I'm sure some idiot in a Korean internet cafe will sit there for 10 days trying to place before falling over dead but other than that it would be a bunch of script bots.

(This is just a reply to the player's idea as Draconi has yet to unveil all of his plans. Hopefully they are well thought out and actually work as opposed to ruining the game for people or annoying the noncheating players like other "fixes" have done without hampering the cheaters.)

I

imported_muldran

It's been moan moan moan for months\years when people complain that they 'can't see the effect of the banning and stuff'.

Now you can - and warm your cold toes at the same time

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, Paris. Your snide little inference is way off the mark. How about running a couple dozen vendors and a weekly auction that MANY people would be very upset if it were to be cancelled?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you profess your brilliance, then betray your ignorance in the same statement. Yes, doing idocs can be rewarding, but no, it is not a "free ride" or "easy living". The process from finding worn houses through selling the items is the most time intensive UO activity I have been involved in. It involves a level of organization and teamwork far beyond anything else I've been involved with. It goes beyond just selling items for gold. These folks have helped out more individuals and supported more shard events than you could ever realize. We all know that after a few idocs you can fill up your houses - if you did not have a means of disposing of your items you were never a real idocer, were you?

Scripters are the biggest problem with idocs, but those who glibly suggest destroying my play-style in order to correct it are either ignorant of what it involves, in which case the devs (who should know better) should take that into account, or they just don't give a dang about ruining the game for idocers, in which case I offer you my tallest digit.

Honest idocers may be a minority in the game, but we are honorable and hard-working for what we get. We created this play-style out of the game as we found it, within the rules. I dare you to suggest changes that would ruin pvp in order to stop speed-hacking and get yourself flamed to a cinder. With a little careful thought and planning, solutions to stop scripters could be put in place without radically altering the game mechanics for idocs. This notion that I hear so often that they need to make houses fall at totally random times or have some kind of lottery for idocs is just another example people wanting the benefits without doing the work and cloaking their misguided ideas under the umbrella of stopping scripters. Hey, they could shut down the servers and that would stop scripters too. Let's try to be intelligent and considerate of other people's play-styles when we're suggesting changes, how about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. Idocing is EASY. Trammel/Malas idocing = potential millions in profits from FREE idoc loot/zero risk.

They made Doom easier but I bet they didn't put a big old sign on the dark fathers that carry the artifacts, a big old sign that says "go do something else in UO but come back in 5 days and have a chance at an ornament of the magician worth $40 million gold".

Ok I have been playing Wow, I just heard Doom arties are cheaper now but I
have no clue how much an uncursed ornament of the magician costs these days.

That is in essence what the warning that a house will fall does for Trammie banksitters (me). Gives me a 5 day warning that at a certain hour I have the chance to become a UO bazillionaire. And I don't even have to kill anything!

I know an idocer who found two 2 uncursed ornaments of the magician in the same idoc when it fell. At the time they were worth $80 million combined.

This same idocer 'suggested' to me that I NOT gate newbs to idocs because they did not know the value of the loot they might pick up when the idoc fell. I don't call that helping the community since newbs are a very important part of UO's community.

I was yelled at for gating everyone in Luna to a Malas idoc one Saturday on Pacific. Called names. By this same person's friends. Idocers are super nifty nice people! Not.

I hunted for idocs, running the land and reading house signs. It's BORING, but it's in NO WAY lots of work and in NO WAY needs team work.

Oh my gosh, you RISKED getting a numb butt irl from sitting in your computer chair waiting for that idoc to fall and carpal tunnel from dragging that free stuff into your packys.

I don't know what shard you idoc on, but I only met a couple of "OK" idocers. They sold their idoc loot from ingame vendors and had a museum but I never heard of them helping any other players.

Ingame auctions help those players who have gold to spend and those players skimming 10% off the items being sold. They DO NOT help new players who start with 1k gold and only have 400 gold left after they buy a horse, sorry.

I don't sell UO for cash. I don't own a Luna City vendor house to sell items ingame (and am certainly not renting a vendor from any of them).

I did give away a couple of Doom arties, but don't see the purpose of handing over items I got idocing to someone just to see them put up for sale for cash on some website.

I understand that if you can no longer see if a house is decaying you will lose the easist way to get richer in UO. But I am willing to make that sacrifice.

Especially when I know that it will open up some housing areas that were formerly only available to scripters/dupers. Regular players should have a shot at these properties, not just scripters/dupers who can afford to spend thousands in real life cash on a Luna City plot to sell their duped/scripted items from.

When removing signs that houses are decaying might bring back some players who left because they were sick of the cheaters in UO always winning. I've not played Wow since I read about the burnings in Luna.

It might also give EA/Mythic some crediblity in the online gaming world's war on cheaters and that in turn might help attract new players to UO. I see an ad for UO on Warhammer's website one day maybe once UO has been made more fair to ALL players/payers.

Now I know that you care about UO and that you want what is best for UO and that you would gladly give up your easy idoc livin' in order to make UO a better place for all.

Right?

Of course that they are planning to remove signs that a house is decaying to stop "house scripting" is still just speculation. I'd be guessing that the guys who always win the Luna city plots will not be affected in the slightest by the next publish.

And it IS possible that they now know how to stop scripters after 10 years of not having a clue.

Anything is possible.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty mundane post........nothing but a rant to me.

Draconi did what he felt he needed to do, and didn't consult anyone here on the forums. Glad he has a spine.

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry. Idocing is EASY. Trammel/Malas idocing = potential millions in profits from FREE idoc loot/zero risk.

They made Doom easier but I bet they didn't put a big old sign on the dark fathers that carry the artifacts, a big old sign that says "go do something else in UO but come back in 5 days and have a chance at an ornament of the magician worth $40 million gold".

That is in essence what the warning that a house will fall does for Trammie banksitters (me). Gives me a 5 day warning that at a certain hour I have the chance to become a UO bazillionaire. And I don't even have to kill anything!

I know an idocer who found two 2 uncursed ornaments of the magician in the same idoc when it fell. At the time they were worth $80 million combined.

This same idocer 'suggested' to me that I NOT gate newbs to idocs because they did not know the value of the loot they might pick up when the idoc fell. I don't call that helping the community since newbs are a very important part of UO's community.

I was yelled at for gating everyone in Luna to a Malas idoc one Saturday on Pacific. Called names. By this same person's friends. Idocers are super nifty nice people! Not.

I hunted for idocs, running the land and reading house signs. It's BORING, but it's in NO WAY lots of work and in NO WAY needs team work.

Oh my gosh, you RISKED getting a numb butt irl from sitting in your computer chair waiting for that idoc to fall and carpal tunnel from dragging that free stuff into your packys.

I don't know what shard you idoc on, but I only met a couple of "OK" idocers. They sold their idoc loot from ingame vendors and had a museum but I never heard of them helping any other players.

Ingame auctions help those players who have gold to spend and those players skimming 10% off the items being sold. They DO NOT help new players who start with 1k gold and only have 400 gold left after they buy a horse, sorry.

I don't sell UO for cash. I don't own a Luna City vendor house to sell items ingame (and am certainly not renting a vendor from any of them).

I did give away a couple of Doom arties, but don't see the purpose of handing over items I got idocing to someone just to see them put up for sale for cash on some website.

I understand that if you can no longer see if a house is decaying you will lose the easist way to get richer in UO. But I am willing to make that sacrifice.

Especially when I know that it will open up some housing areas that were formerly only available to scripters/dupers. Regular players should have a shot at these properties, not just scripters/dupers who can afford to spend thousands in real life cash on a Luna City plot to sell their duped/scripted items from.

When removing signs that houses are decaying might bring back some players who left because they were sick of the cheaters in UO always winning. I've not played Wow since I read about the burnings in Luna.

It might also give EA/Mythic some crediblity in the online gaming world's war on cheaters and that in turn might help attract new players to UO. I see an ad for UO on Warhammer's website one day maybe once UO has been made more fair to ALL players/payers.

Now I know that you care about UO and that you want what is best for UO and that you would gladly give up your easy idoc livin' in order to make UO a better place for all.

Right?

Of course that they are planning to remove signs that a house is decaying to stop "house scripting" is still just speculation. I'd be guessing that the guys who always win the Luna city plots will not be affected in the slightest by the next publish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idocing is easy? lol, you try beating the scripters everyday. Not to mention the tons of time it takes to find the houses.

Doom? You want to bring an anology about Doom into this again...ok, here is one...I want to make a new char with no skills and go to Doom and be able to kill the bosses. The Dev's need to change it so they can be killed by whoever it is, no matter if they only have 40 ID and 40 glassblowing. Sounds rediculous huh?

Playing WoW? Then you dont need to be posting on anything UO. You couldnt learn on how to beat the scripters so you jumped ship but, look on the bright side, you may be able to come back and bless us with your Banksitting again. Wait, I may start complaining that I have too much lag at the banks. Anyone that sits at the bank for more than 2 minutes should be teleported to a location outside of the bank areas..hey thats about as brilliant as the changes you proposed... It might just work.

Bringing back players because of house sign removal of decay? Why would that happen? It was said in one of your previous rants that Idocing isnt a playstyle. If it isnt a playstyle, then why would people come back because of this imaginative playstyle being removed...You are confusing...make up your mind please.

Running the lands is boring and real idocing does require team work. You try to run everything ( not just running and looking for idocs)that we do and see how long you would last. My bet you would have jumped ship long ago because things didnt go your way...again.

Our museums are stocked with absolutely nothing but idoc loot. And the part of helping other players...there isnt one person who plays on LS that will say we havent helped others. We give more stuff away that people need and want than what was in your keeps or your 18x18's. UO is about building, not destroying. I dont know how many times we transferred housing to someone who didnt even need it, they just wanted it. Even if they ended up selling it the next day, we still helped fill their bank vault with gold.

No....bad Paris....you shouldnt gate to idocs. That is where everyone wants something for free comes in and if they dont get their way, they scream for a change.

Umm...here again you brilliance shines through before knowing what you are talking about. Skimming 10% off of what is being sold at auctions? That is just stupid. Auctions are to help people and the auction that I go to doesnt even charge anything to sell and they have been around since 1998. Something must be working right.

No we dont sell for cash or sell through a website. Half the stuff you are wearing you probably bought from a vendor as idoc loot.

Bottom line is this. You havent a clue on how to be a real idocer. You didnt learn how to beat scripters. You just gave up. Sounds like you took the easy way out....again

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Idocing is easy? lol, you try beating the scripters everyday. Not to mention the tons of time it takes to find the houses.

Doom? You want to bring an anology about Doom into this again...ok, here is one...I want to make a new char with no skills and go to Doom and be able to kill the bosses. The Dev's need to change it so they can be killed by whoever it is, no matter if they only have 40 ID and 40 glassblowing. Sounds rediculous huh?

Playing WoW? Then you dont need to be posting on anything UO. You couldnt learn on how to beat the scripters so you jumped ship but, look on the bright side, you may be able to come back and bless us with your Banksitting again. Wait, I may start complaining that I have too much lag at the banks. Anyone that sits at the bank for more than 2 minutes should be teleported to a location outside of the bank areas..hey thats about as brilliant as the changes you proposed... It might just work.

Bringing back players because of house sign removal of decay? Why would that happen? It was said in one of your previous rants that Idocing isnt a playstyle. If it isnt a playstyle, then why would people come back because of this imaginative playstyle being removed...You are confusing...make up your mind please.

Running the lands is boring and real idocing does require team work. You try to run everything ( not just running and looking for idocs)that we do and see how long you would last. My bet you would have jumped ship long ago because things didnt go your way...again.

Our museums are stocked with absolutely nothing but idoc loot. And the part of helping other players...there isnt one person who plays on LS that will say we havent helped others. We give more stuff away that people need and want than what was in your keeps or your 18x18's. UO is about building, not destroying. I dont know how many times we transferred housing to someone who didnt even need it, they just wanted it. Even if they ended up selling it the next day, we still helped fill their bank vault with gold.

No....bad Paris....you shouldnt gate to idocs. That is where everyone wants something for free comes in and if they dont get their way, they scream for a change.

Umm...here again you brilliance shines through before knowing what you are talking about. Skimming 10% off of what is being sold at auctions? That is just stupid. Auctions are to help people and the auction that I go to doesnt even charge anything to sell and they have been around since 1998. Something must be working right.

No we dont sell for cash or sell through a website. Half the stuff you are wearing you probably bought from a vendor as idoc loot.

Bottom line is this. You havent a clue on how to be a real idocer. You didnt learn how to beat scripters. You just gave up. Sounds like you took the easy way out....again

[/ QUOTE ]

You've NOT explained how to beat scripters. I have no proof that YOU know how to BEAT a dirty throw rug with a stick, much less BEAT a scripter.

YOU'VE announced all the glorious things that YOU have done to help others with your idocing loots. Umm yeah... 'Cept, I've never seen ANYONE ELSE post here how YOU helped them on LS?

But I am sure that I will see some now, lol. Go ahead call in your guildies to support your story after the fact. We'd like to hear others besides YOURSELF say how super duper fantastic YOU are at helping others ingame.

How does transferring houses to players who don't even need them benefit UO?

Confused me with that one.

But it does sound like maybe you have more than enough items, gold, houses and that maybe you should step back and let someone else have a chance at them? You know maybe a newb wandering through the wilderness just stumbles on one that never showed it was decaying on its house sign so you didnt find it first? (Ouch I know that idea smarts!)

But yeah by all means fill us in on how to "beat" scripters. The UO world wants to know. EA, Blizzard, lots of online gaming companies would probably pay you millions for your secret way of 'beating" scripters.

Lol.

PS: Idocing IS easy.

S

Sees Far

You know, I'm not going to spend any more time arguing with someone who has about as much brains as their namesake...

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

You've NOT explained how to beat scripters. I have no proof that YOU know how to BEAT a dirty throw rug with a stick, much less BEAT a scripter.

YOU'VE announced all the glorious things that YOU have done to help others with your idocing loots. Umm yeah... 'Cept, I've never seen ANYONE ELSE post here how YOU helped them on LS?

But I am sure that I will see some now, lol. Go ahead call in your guildies to support your story after the fact. We'd like to hear others besides YOURSELF say how super duper fantastic YOU are at helping others ingame.

How does transferring houses to players who don't even need them benefit UO?

Confused me with that one.

But it does sound like maybe you have more than enough items, gold, houses and that maybe you should step back and let someone else have a chance at them? You know maybe a newb wandering through the wilderness just stumbles on one that never showed it was decaying on its house sign so you didnt find it first? (Ouch I know that idea smarts!)

But yeah by all means fill us in on how to "beat" scripters. The UO world wants to know. EA, Blizzard, lots of online gaming companies would probably pay you millions for your secret way of 'beating" scripters.

Lol.

PS: Idocing IS easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldnt have to explain to everyone how to beat scripters at idocs. If you spend time trolling these boards, you too can find out. I assure you, I can beat a dirty throw rug with a stick as well as idoc. You need to spend more time in the game and not the fotm WoW.

Why dont you spend some time on LS and see for yourself. I dont have to feel better about myself or make up things on these boards to make myself look better. Its not even about personal things. Its about making the game better and helping whoever comes along that needs it. I would even help you if you needed it on LS, Pacific, Great lakes or Atlantic. I just hope I dont gate to the wrong place...*hides the rune to a dark room in a dungeon*

Wait a minute here...I never said that I was super duper fantastic but thank you for the compliment. I said I help people... bottom line. You accused of not helping and I was just rufuting the fact. I dont need to call in anyone to come to my aid. I have nothing to prove to you at all. I prove with actions in game and not with words.

If some new player ( newb is just demeaning ) stumbles across an idoc, great.

Economics 101 here Paris...You give a house to someone who then turns around to sell it...98% of the time the money will come back to you. It is keeping the the gold in the game. They will buy from your vendors, auctions or wahtever else they will spend money on. A good amount of time though, the person who takes the house needs a house.

And to reiterate the fact about beating scripters....it can be done and is done every day when it comes to idocs. all it takes is practice, timing and above all else...patience. Can you beat scripters 100% of the time...no. But, you can beat them 60/40 at least with just a LEGAL and EA/UO accepted program. It isnt new news there Paris. You just proved to the whole community that you dont check and research things before spouting off. Will it work for you the first time or even the first 50 times? Probably not. But after practicing, i am sure even someone like you could pull it off consistantly

Paris, you turned this thread into a bashing thread. You arent out to help anyone except for yourself because you didnt have the intestinal fortitude to learn how to do something without complaining about it.

I still agree with what Draconi has done to scripters dont get me wrong. I hope they all disappear. They is just more to accomplish that changing a system that wasnt broken to begin with. The players were broken, not the system.

P.S Dont give up Paris, eventually and just maybe you too may make yourself feel better by degrading what others do honestly.

Ditto to what Sees Far said. I dont get into a battle of the intelligence with an unarmed person. Keep spewing off about a profession you know nothing about, eventually you might believe you know what you are talking about.

G

This thread was supposed to be a positive one as well it should be, but to come to Flanuva101's defense, He and his friends have helped more players in UO then anyone will know, with gold, items or the most coveted thing in UO...their time.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice try, Paris. Your snide little inference is way off the mark. How about running a couple dozen vendors and a weekly auction that MANY people would be very upset if it were to be cancelled?"

Umm, yeah?

I thought someone was helping people in UO with all that idocing they were doing? Auction? Vendors?

You seem to be helping yourself?

I mean, you could just give the stuff away?

I'm sorry if you fear your playstyle is in danger of becoming extinct?

Really "your playstyle" is just a byproduct of UO losing A LOT of paying accounts, so if UO gained all those paying accounts back, which I think we could all agree would be a GREAT thing for UO, then you stand a good chance of losing your "playstyle" anyway.

Of course someone stands a good chance of making some real life bucks selling idocs to these new paying accounts, don't they?

Would you quit UO if UO suddenly gained so many customers who bought up all the houses and never quit and a UO house never ever fell again?

Probably not, so get a grip, you'd survive, just like people who don't consider idocing a real 'playstyle".

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

This thread was supposed to be a positive one as well it should be, but to come to Flanuva101's defense, He and his friends have helped more players in UO then anyone will know, with gold, items or the most coveted thing in UO...their time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee here I was thinking they were spending hours and hours searching for idocs, then hours and hours waiting for them to fall, then more hours and hours picking up idoc loot, hauling it home and sorting it out and donating it to the poor....

I mean, operating many vendors and auctions. Because unlike me, they know the proper way to dispose of idoc loot.

Don't they spend most of their "coveted' time idocing? Since it's obvisously something that they find difficult and time consuming.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since it's obvisously something that they find difficult and time consuming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time does not equal difficulty.

IDOCing IS easy but it also IS time consuming. Unless you're cheating.

G

One thing I don't get is people post pics here of vendor houses blowing the whistle on them. It clearly showed which houses, they were pretty much naming the owner and accusing them of cheating with no evidence other than speculation. Something actually got done about it because it drew dev attention.

Yet when the same thing is done about a certain IDOCer (who runs a cheating operation on just as large a scale) who people have been complaining about for years, places most of the castle, keeps, and luna houses in the game, and has had far more credible evidence shown to prove his cheating, those posts are deleted and he's protected.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

all idoc's should do this and not have a set timer as to when the area will be placeable. 1 minute - 30 days

[/ QUOTE ]Certainly the predictability of IDOCs is a glaring facet of the problem, but that won't be the only thing to change... mwaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good at least I'm not the only one that's been saying that for years. Take out the visible signs of decay and fallen houses will become what they should have been from the start, something someone wandering around will stumble across and maybe have a chance at a house upgrade because there will be a big plot waiting there with little to no campers.

R

Redrum1

It matters little to me if this was a publicity stunt! Atleast something was done. But I am afraid to say it looks like someone on Pacific got away because a new bod vendor house dressed very much the same way as the vnedors in Luna that is on fire is hastely being put together as we speak. He was gating from Luna to the house and it was only have done. But all the vendors that are not ready said sorting bods and coming soon. And it was a HUGE amount of bods and resources. I doubt that it is a coincidence. But thank you Draconi for showing us something. We are always crying about nothing being done and when something is done it is always not enough. If these houses being burned down stop even one person from doing illegal things then to me it was worth it. And if this person setting up the BOD vendor is part of the ring I hope they canch him too.

Three cheers to Draconi!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Should Idocs be changed? Yes to some extent. But nothing like what is being posted. Changes should happen with the scripting issue. Take out the scripters and scripting programs and everything would be fair. He^^, even just making the area not placeable for a couple minutes would have been fine. But to piggyback on what Lady Magdalaine said, you make the times random and have houses fall whenever, you will lose alot of history from the game. Keep the fall times how they are but get rid of the scripters that plague this game and give a bad name to everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this. I enjoy idocing and it really is the only way I was able to get alot of the nicer items that are in my house now. Please dont kill it but stopping house placing scripters will drop my blood pressure a few points.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Well I see your points but the fact that Draconi did something of any nature finally should be good enough. How he chose to do it is of lesser concern than that he took some kind of action at all. Not flaming, but really show some gratitude at some point. I am not one to protect the devs, i have ranted hours with people about gripes.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Um Connor... lol. That guy had ENDLESS FROSTWOOD even after they played with the harvesting. ENDLESS. ENDLESS EVERYTHING. he did it so much and so often and was so in a routine with it he would regularly misprice his frostwood and other crap. because he did it like clockwork and wasn't hardly even paying attention anymore. That guy (and or girl) deserved that with no question whatsoever. He was obviously scripting on several accounts at same time and did nothing but just dump an infinite supply of everything into game without probably doing much work.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Draconi did what he felt he needed to do, and didn't consult anyone here on the forums. Glad he has a spine.

[/ QUOTE ]

..I was going to say something about this..but Ill leave it alone.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Also, Draconi, if you ever see this, GOOD JOB standing up to the damned lawyers and figuring out how to do something. I know for a fact they hold back your stick with legalities and bullcrap. Oh and hi from queen mum.

G

What you are falling to relize is that the problem is not with the multi house luna vendor mall scripters. Its the quite ones that live in the middle of no where flooding the economy most of all.this guy was caught because he was flamboyant and made him self an easy target.the ones ya wont see is the hundreds of quite ones that go about there buisness scripting unaffected by the freak show that is luna.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Since it's obvisously something that they find difficult and time consuming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time does not equal difficulty.

IDOCing IS easy but it also IS time consuming. Unless you're cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're greedy and MUST attend every single idoc on a shard.

Others have posted the times it takes them to run all facets reading house signs, I know it took me 9 hours once but I was probably running around in circles since I don't have UOAssist.

9 hours was pretty awful, but then it only has to be done once every 4 days to keep up.

Also, I was one person, these guys claim to be an idocing guild, so they can split up the 7, 8, or 9 hours between them every 4 days.

Idocing shouldn't be at all time consuming for a guild.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

One thing I don't get is people post pics here of vendor houses blowing the whistle on them. It clearly showed which houses, they were pretty much naming the owner and accusing them of cheating with no evidence other than speculation. Something actually got done about it because it drew dev attention.

Yet when the same thing is done about a certain IDOCer (who runs a cheating operation on just as large a scale) who people have been complaining about for years, places most of the castle, keeps, and luna houses in the game, and has had far more credible evidence shown to prove his cheating, those posts are deleted and he's protected.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is website is not owned by EA guess they can do anything they like.

We have no power here, but check out the new owners of that last Luna City idoc plot on Pac.

We DO have power ingame...