• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi, what's going on?

T

Trebr Drab

You said these "Strangers" would be turning up in the anti-virtue dungeons, and 2 of the 4 so far aren't.

Does this mean that these stories have no meaning? What's the purpose of the stories if there is no meaning to them? I want to believe that there's a meaning to things, that there's a consistency, and something more than just fluff for shiny hand outs. But it's hard to believe that in the face of this kind of thing.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get Luna being Greed :) But what anti-virtue would fan dancer dojo be? :/

T

Tazar

Hmm.... pretty women with painted faces that take your money... what could that be.... :love::love::love: lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Play along, folks. This part of the story written. There are many ways to provide feed back. Posting on Uhall should be the last resort. I am guilty of this myself. *nods*

T

Trebr Drab

Play along, folks. This part of the story written. There are many ways to provide feed back. Posting on Uhall should be the last resort. I am guilty of this myself. *nods*
What? I have certain expectations for my money from UO. I think I have a few rights to ask a simple question. If he doesn't answer, so be it, it's an answer in itself. But if you're going to tell me that it's wrong to ask, that I should just be quiet and play the game, well, it kind of dumbfounds me to hear that.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the stories themselves, as I recall, didn't mention the Anti-Virtue Dungeons.

Obviously their intentions have changed.

The stories have mostly so far been about specific members of The Six attacking specific places.

We'd have more cause to complain if Valvakka spawned anyplace other than Destard, because that's where his story said he'd spawn.

The Luna one, I don't think the story mentioned a place. (If it did, by all means someone show me where because I missed it.)

And the Despise one was where the fiction said it'd be.

-Galen's player

T

Trebr Drab

Galen, that's true, but considering that the statement was made explicitly that it was the anti-virtue dungeons, and now it's not, says allot about consistency, which in turn says allot about any meaning behind the stories.

Hey, if there is no meaning behind them except for color, ok. That's their call. I'd like to know if there was some issue that forced the change, or if it's just a case of "who really cares".

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen, that's true, but considering that the statement was made explicitly that it was the anti-virtue dungeons, and now it's not, says allot about consistency, which in turn says allot about any meaning behind the stories.

Hey, if there is no meaning behind them except for color, ok. That's their call. I'd like to know if there was some issue that forced the change, or if it's just a case of "who really cares".
Umm....No, it says nothing at all about the stories. In-game events have been consistent with the stories as near as I can tell.

It does, however, say that when they tell us something in a non-story format about how things are gonna work, that it's subject to change.

Not sure how I feel about that but eh.

At least it ain't predictable and we can't honestly claim a lack of surprises.

*chuckles*

-Galen's player

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically they said they would START appearing there.. and they did.. the FIRST one was in one of them. They didn't say anything about continuing wiht all of them in them. :p

T

Trebr Drab

No, it says nothing at all about the stories.
Sure it does.
Hmm, an example...
In the story about the boy who cried wolf, suppose that first he cried "wolf", and then he cried "bananas". Then the story has no meaning.

In this context with UO, it appears that there is no real story, it's just stuff to add some color to these loot dropping events.

It strikes me that no one else expects clues or anything to solve. I suppose that means they are on the right course if these stories are, you know, just fluff.

You all can go ahead and laugh at me, I'm laughing too. It is pretty foolish to expect anything more from these games. hehesheesh...

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and I thought Luna was the dungeon of Greed.
LOL good one I totally agree with you on that.

But no I think the anti-virtue dungeon thing was only meant as the location the first would spawn and was meant to give us a place to start looking. It really did sound like all strangers would be spawning in the dungeons though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As I pointed out on the lake Austin forum, the first 4 locations Strangers have spawned in have had long-standing associations with greed of players (scripting) and unattended character use (gold farming. golem training, etc. - even Destard, pre-greaters & BOS nerf, had leather farmers on some shard of questionable nature).

Could it be this event is aimed at killing the unattended macroers and scripters through the actions of event creatures that the unattended aren't there to stop? If this is true, then one of the next two Strangers may appear in a dungeon where Dread Spiders are/were farmed by unattended scripts, or (for you Fel residents) a city where script miners can mine, and still be able to call guards if attacked by PKs.

Let's see if one of these predictions occurs (and I'll be ROTFLMAO if BOTH happen)

S

SilentFoxXy

I hear/ read , that Draconi actually appeared at one spawn.....Was he playing the Stranger, was he gauging the event, was he bored, etc etc??

If you were there Drac sir, surely you noticed the futility and unfairness...blah blah I wont go repeating 25 other posts lambasting this event.

Just to say, 6 Vitues, 8 Virtue/ Stones/ gems of....

Fan Dancer = Demon??

Shouldnt the Strangers be Arachnids if they are attacking Reptile?? -Valvakka killing Greaters like ants?? Reptilian Group (opposed to Arachnid Group)

Abyss Group (opposed to Elemental and Fey Groups) ??

Strangers morphing into Ethereal Ancient Wryms on Death??

Lots of unanswered lore based inaccuracies, and I bow my head to head loremaster Trebr Drab.

Also:-
BNN: Valvakka
Jeremy Dalberg
27 Jun 2008 12:15:19

"The great beast was confused, and when it was confused, it got angry.
The large dragon of the dungeon Destard, as the Britannians called it, was focused on the small man that had suddenly appeared through a dark hole just a few feet away from him.
For his part, the stranger from the portal was surveying the dragon-infested dungeon with a growing smile. He felt like a young one again, the feeling of adrenaline coursing through his veins being something truly rare and wonderful." Etc, Etc...

So, where pray tell, is the news pertaining to Rivatach, the story line etc.

If you're to start whetting appetites, then please, keep it regular, and post lore/updates per stranger, and let us know along which story line we are actually progressing. To continually jump about, change lore, fiddle with it, ignore it....is a tad confusing....