• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi, Some Economic Questions

J

Jhym

It seems, at least on Chesapeake, that vendor inflation has driven all the prices of used bulk commodities up.

There had been inklings from your writings that you expected the prices to stabilize somewhere, but nobody is willing to sell iron to vendors with set buy prices at 8 (never higher or lower.) Many are at 24 to 30 or higher. Bolts and arrows always are bought at 3, never higher or lower, and some spots sell them as high as 48 or 50, most are in the teens to twenties.

I realize you did this change to fix some exploit(s), but this effectively means that the prices will never fall since no one smart will ever sell to vendors again. I used to go and sell materials to drop the prices down myself, but if I'm going to be given nothing for my efforts I have no reason to do so anymore.

I suppose I'm asking: is this intentionally meant to make us sell only to players, or will there be vendor resets to fix the pricing disparities?