• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi says "trick or treat" to cheaters?

T

Trebr Drab

Whatever is going on, if this really is about fixing the cheating problems in UO, I think the vast majority of players are behind you Devs 111%.
I wonder how many fingers and toes are crossed out there right now.

Wishing you Devs the best of luck in this.

G

galefan2004

Whatever is going on, if this really is about fixing the cheating problems in UO, I think the vast majority of players are behind you Devs 111%.
I wonder how many fingers and toes are crossed out there right now.

Wishing you Devs the best of luck in this.
What are you talking about? Care to provide links to this information?

They better rework their systems if they think they can end cheating. Most of us aren't willing to use the KR client. Most of us are tired of multiple mouse clicks to prove "skill" and gain skill. So, if they want to end cheating they better fix systems to begin with.

However, if they are after the major AFK scripters that are gold farming then I am a all for it.

T

Trebr Drab

No, I'm talking about the spawn location for the events, and the rumors that they are working on anti cheat code. Where have you folks been that you don't get that? Even if it's just speculation, you should have understood what I was saying.

G

galefan2004

No, I'm talking about the spawn location for the events, and the rumors that they are working on anti cheat code. Where have you folks been that you don't get that? Even if it's just speculation, you should have understood what I was saying.
Sorry, but I like to have facts with my speculation. I really wish EA would stop trying to stop scripters. They can introduce all the code they want (anti-script looting code that still has people script looting it for the win), and most players will still script. The problem is that this game has areas that no one would ever do without scripting and that breeds a rampant enviroment of scripting. It will be interesting to see how many people leave this game when they can no longer script basic functions.

In PvP, cheating is a problem, and it should be addressed. In most other areas, there are people that abuse the game (that should be banned), but on the flip side there are people that just script so they don't have to click the mouse 3000 times to do something that shouldn't require that many clicks.

F

Flora Green

Why? Are we supposed to read every thread and post? rolleyes:

T

Trebr Drab

Sorry, but I like to have facts with my speculation. I really wish EA would stop trying to stop scripters. They can introduce all the code they want (anti-script looting code that still has people script looting it for the win), and most players will still script. The problem is that this game has areas that no one would ever do without scripting and that breeds a rampant enviroment of scripting. It will be interesting to see how many people leave this game when they can no longer script basic functions.

In PvP, cheating is a problem, and it should be addressed. In most other areas, there are people that abuse the game (that should be banned), but on the flip side there are people that just script so they don't have to click the mouse 3000 times to do something that shouldn't require that many clicks.
I agree with what you're saying. But the kind of scripts being used at these events would always be used to cheat even if they changed the system to remove all the clicking in trade skills. And who knows, maybe they plan to make the change you're calling for here. That still leaves the problems of scripts in hunting arties and materials.

S

Sneaky

Hmmm, did you (or anyone else) stop to think that maybe the six are spawning where they are because its part of the storyline for the event? Not everything revolves around scripters you know...

I swear reading U.Hall is getting more and more like watching the O'Reilly Factor, its all the same **** over and over, everyone thinks they are right about everything, nothing anyone else can say will change that (yeh, 'fair and balanced' my ass), and the speculation is through the roof. Only difference is the main villains in the plot, on O'Reilly its 'TERRORISM' or 'THE WAR ON TERRORISM' or anyone who doesn't agree with Bill. Here, its 'THE WAR ON SCRIPTERS' 'THE WAR ON EA' or 'SPEEDHAXORS OWNED ME.'

T

Trebr Drab

Hmmm, did you (or anyone else) stop to think that maybe the six are spawning where they are because its part of the storyline for the event? Not everything revolves around scripters you know...

I swear reading U.Hall is getting more and more like watching the O'Reilly Factor, its all the same **** over and over, everyone thinks they are right about everything, nothing anyone else can say will change that (yeh, 'fair and balanced' my ass), and the speculation is through the roof. Only difference is the main villains in the plot, on O'Reilly its 'TERRORISM' or 'THE WAR ON TERRORISM' or anyone who doesn't agree with Bill. Here, its 'THE WAR ON SCRIPTERS' 'THE WAR ON EA' or 'SPEEDHAXORS OWNED ME.'
Yeah, go watch Uberman for 'fair and balanced'. But really, do you see other people this way all the time? Relax a little and accept other peoples comments as just that and not so much more.

S

Sneaky

Yeah, go watch Uberman for 'fair and balanced'. But really, do you see other people this way all the time? Relax a little and accept other peoples comments as just that and not so much more.
No, your just unlucky and were the recipient of a little bit of frustration venting :gun:

:p

S

SilentFoxXy

With the selection of the spawn areas being very noticably the main hot spots for 'Cheating/Scripting/Sitters' it certainly does appear as though this event has a somewhat strange?? undercurrent, and , should this be so, Im sure that every straight player will stand hand in hand and shout hurrah....... A good story line, and a suprise for the ..

J

Joyous2K

With the selection of the spawn areas being very noticably the main hot spots for 'Cheating/Scripting/Sitters' it certainly does appear as though this event has a somewhat strange?? undercurrent, and , should this be so, Im sure that every straight player will stand hand in hand and shout hurrah....... A good story line, and a suprise for the ..
If you are a scripter and are reading this and seeing signs... why not shut down your account before you are banned and then come back after a month or 2 when this Events 2008 is over?

G

galefan2004

It would be very sad if this whole event arc ended with just a mass banning of scripters. People that abusively script should be banned on a daily basis...it shouldn't require a mass banning. People that use scripts to simply avoid having to play the massively click game that is UO skill gaining should be left alone if UO refuses to fix skill gain systems in this game.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be very sad if this whole event arc ended with just a mass banning of scripters. People that abusively script should be banned on a daily basis...it shouldn't require a mass banning. People that use scripts to simply avoid having to play the massively click game that is UO skill gaining should be left alone if UO refuses to fix skill gain systems in this game.
i gm'd alchemy and tinkering without using a script and i did it fairly quickly. saying people need to use scripts is pure laziness. pathetic.

T

Trebr Drab

i gm'd alchemy and tinkering without using a script and i did it fairly quickly. saying people need to use scripts is pure laziness. pathetic.
Well, here's the thing though. Some people play all day long, and they want to do these repetitive actions like in trade skills, etc. all that time.
Now, it can be said that it's not healthy to do this, but the fact remains that they do. So it would be a good thing to find a way to change that.

If UO is going to go to an Estate idea like I posted a while ago (from Speedman's blog he said that they were in something called "Kingdoms", which was UO2.3 or something like that), then I see an opportunity to change this and do away with scripting in these things by basically making scripting part of the trades system, and building it into the game.

We'll have to wait and see what they actually do.

G

galefan2004

So did I. Back in the day I gmed EVERY crafting skill without scripting. However, I don't think anyone should have to do that much clicking, and I will never do that much clicking again. If you enjoy clicking trill your wrists bleed then go for it. Most do not, and that is why most script. I'm all for scripting IF its attended and its for skill working purposes ONLY. I'm against farming, bod running, and heartwood quest doing with scripts. However, if you don't think its the stupidity of the systems that cause people to script then you are lost. In other games, the systems that are scripted in UO are scripted by the game itself.

B

butthead owns

well the luna home is still burning as they said it would be droped for playes to snag in puish 52 or 53 still there .all they care on is how is makein more money than ea lol nothing more i have sent mass email and ques on scripters and never see them do nada on them but send me auto replys you shld just find a real crew to do this for u like the old seers who hlped out player giveing gms the fredom to do more than drink coffe and send auto replys