• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi is late and uoherald is off (at least forme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Nope isnt just you, same for me too...

Just out luck that the yanks get thier events and us europians get shafted one

There was alot more people in atlantic than this so should beok...

G

I think some of the others started late too.

I'm out, I've had enough, I'm going to bed.

G

Ok i was going to start a thread but to me this is once again how ea treats europa. hundreds of people waiting but nothing! well done for demonstrating again how you feel about europeans.
like another faithful player petra from above im outta there in disgust. i was going to say that we pay the same as usa and japanese shards but that not true, with the current exchange rate we pay more!
you saw yesterday the interest on europa? imagine if ea actually marketted uo in europe!!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ok i was going to start a thread but to me this is once again how ea treats europa. hundreds of people waiting but nothing! well done for demonstrating again how you feel about europeans.
like another faithful player petra from above im outta there in disgust

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure they are not doing this on purpose..

It's most likely technical problems. It can be anything from server problems (uo.com was down for me) to the beergarden to something we do not know.

Of course they aren't giggling at the EA office 'Haha, look at those Europeans just waiting there!'.

Waiting is never nice, but I'm sure it will pay off in the end!

G

Well after being rez killed repeatedly until all my insurance money had gone, then finally finding which corpse had my carapace and bracelet I'm going to bed too.

The lag is ridiculous. It isn't even fun.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

like another faithful player petra from above im outta there in disgust. i was going to say that we pay the same as usa and japanese shards but that not true, with the current exchange rate we pay more!
you saw yesterday the interest on europa? imagine if ea actually marketted uo in europe!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt agree more.

Sorry to half-flame EA/Mythic but the way Europeans have been treated through out the history of UO has always been the same:

Events at gone midnight

Events at odd times

Very little consideration for European time zones and play times.

I am sure it isnt intentional but if I made one of my PAYING clients sit up will midnight before I would finish his work or report or call him on the telephone I wouldnt have many clients PAYING me by the end of the week.

Also if I said - Well I have tested this for you but it will take me a year to implement it but you keep paying me until that date I would have a breach of contract slapped on me before I could say "Whos working for who here?"

I

imported_Wishbone

I have said it before and I will say it again, those who work in the USA have very little conception of time zones outside the US, this weekend was even more confusing being we went to BST on Saturday night/ Sunday morning.
I just wish they would do a leeeeeetle research before they put on major events only to discover that most of the European players had given up and gone to bed because of work next morning (even worse for our friends in France, Germany etc. who are at least 1 hour in front of GMT (GMT+1 or 2 or even more if you are further east).
We are on GMT +1 at the mo (=BST) .
Those in California are 8 hours behind us, think yourselves lucky we even got the event on the same day

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually GMT = GMT.

So the time was accurate (except the 30 minutes late). Of course it would have been nice if they had mentioned the BST time too.

Anyway, I can imagine if you dislike the event and complain about that, but completely ripping on EA for being 30 minutes late I find to be pretty unfair.

H

Hoody

Wasnt there supposed to be a whole dialogue maybe i missed it all i saw was "Lets get on with it then", switch flipped, then white screen. Maybe i missed it but i didnt see any of the things that other people have been talking about from other shards at the start?

G

Getting to be rather a lot of threads on the same subject, so I'm locking the ones that seem least 'up to the minute'

Status
Not open for further replies.