• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Downloadable to date UO:SA file to burn to a DVD?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance of there being a downloadable file containing all the game files to date being provided that could be burned to a DVD?

I had to re-install UO after the last patch, due to an apparent conflict with another program, using UO:LBR, and it was a *long* update process from there.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to download, patch and then just copy the SA folder to a DVD.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's right. Take the entire contents of the ultima online client folder inside program files and burn it to disk. Then when forced to reinstall, just do the initial install, and copy that disk back into the correct folder.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To save yourself a hassle, back up the EA Games folder under My Documents for your macros and whatnot too.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any registry changes involved in patching? It was this concern that had me asking the question. I typically back up various programs this way. It usually, but not always, works.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the method I use, has worked every time. But in order to make the necessary initial registry entries, you will need to do an initial install from any UO disc. Then you can copy the files in. For UO:SA, just save the installer you downloaded.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just export the relevent registry keys to a .reg file, to include on the DVD.