• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Double Growth bug - Maybe not?

X

Xevious

I've noticed in the past, people have mentioned a double growth bug, where a plant grows twice, and may need double water or potions. This is not the same as fertile dirt, which may grow twice, but only get one days worth of maladies.

I've had a plant (plain poppies) that has been doing this all week. What was weird is it seemed like the seed count wouldn't advance consistently. Some days it would be one, last night it went from 6 to 8. It wasn't until I unlocked the plant to put it away that I figured out what must have happened. There was another plant underneath it on my roof. Same kind, at the same level. I must have forgot to raise it with the deco tool. This is a problem with poppies and snowdrops. Any, what appears to be happening is that every server up they must switch positions (as far as which one is visible), similar to when you have two like items on top of each other in a pack, when you log out/in, they switch positions. So I was only taking care of the one on top. The one on bottom got it's growth, but didn't get cared for, and the next day it would be on top and look like it grew twice. It did, but over two days, with no care on the first day.

Moral is, take care to not lock your plants down on top of one another.