• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Double Exceptional Items

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Between the number of double exceptional items I've been seeing in my auctions, and Assia's collection, I had been looking for a list of every double exceptional item possible. As none seems to exist, I decided to dig through the source and make one. :D

I've added it to the resources section: https://stratics.com/community/threads/double-exceptional-items.338526/

If anyone can confirm any of the "should exist" items, or has seen any double exceptional assemblies (most of the "might exist" items), please let me know so I can update the list.

Thanks,
Brian

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hi there,
great list.

I cant see Dragon scale armor in your list.

Regards
The Scandinvian
As far as I know, there isn't such a thing as "A Blue Dragon Scale Armor Of Exceptional Quality". https://stratics.com/community/threads/leather-named-colored-bone-armor.237900/#post-1934887 seems to back this up, but I may easily be wrong.

I based the list on the source code to runUO beta 16, which was based on client version 3.0.8r. Looking at the publish notes, I think the patch which added the double exceptional name was publish 14, from Nov 30, 2001, while scale and scale armor came in with publish 15, on January 9, 2002 - meaning dragon scale armor missed being able to be made in a double exceptional form by a little over a month.

Last edited:

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

I guess that dates are abit of.
Because I know one that have dragon legs...
:eyes:

Regards
The Scandinavian

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

I guess that dates are abit of.
Because I know one that have dragon legs...
:eyes:

Regards
The Scandinavian

Do they have full titled EQ dragon legs or "Of Exceptional Quality"? ... the OFC came later than the full titled. Can you ask your friend if you could screenshot it? It would help us out a lot if you could post it so we can confirm it.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's confirmation of the mace. I have exceptional boards and lockpicks but they are not double-exceptional.
dblxcp.png

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia,
unfortunetely it is of exceptional not the full title.

Does that mean that the full title do not exist?

Regards
The Scandinavian

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't mean it doesn't... but full titled came first. If you find a full titled you can pretty much guarantee there is a chance to have a OFC. However, the reverse isn't true.

That being said... I don't believe full titled dragon armor to exist personally.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks everyone. It looks as though RunUO Beta 16's code is missing some tinkered items; they don't show up in their code for a very long while (beta 36 :D). Makes me wonder how tinkering on pre-AOS freeshards works, since I think they all run beta 16. I'm editing to add in the missing ones now.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Assia,
unfortunetely it is of exceptional not the full title.

Does that mean that the full title do not exist?

Regards
The Scandinavian
Just checking more, the double ex name came with publish 1. Scales came with week 4 of the Yew Scenario (#4), which was publish 15 update 11 (May 8, 2002 - I missed the update 11 part earlier). AOS (publish 16) came on July 12, 2002, and got rid of the double ex name. So I guess it's technically possible that dragon scale armor could exist in double ex, though it seems unlikely.

By the way, @Angel of Sonoma, there's at least also oil cloth with the exceptional property, if you collect that type of buggy Exceptional items. (I do. :D)

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just checking more, the double ex name came with publish 1. Scales came with week 4 of the Yew Scenario (#4), which was publish 15 update 11 (May 8, 2002 - I missed the update 11 part earlier). AOS (publish 16) came on July 12, 2002, and got rid of the double ex name. So I guess it's technically possible that dragon scale armor could exist in double ex, though it seems unlikely.

By the way, @Angel of Sonoma, there's at least also oil cloth with the exceptional property, if you collect that type of buggy Exceptional items. (I do. :D)
Unfortunately I cut all my oil cloth into bandages. Back then who'd have thought exceptional oil cloths would become an oddity?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here is proof of hammer pick and bascinet :) hp.png bas.png

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks @Gem, list has been updated!

Since this had a bump to the top anyhow, if anyone owns any of the following, please speak up! :)

A Black Staff Of Exceptional Quality
A Bola Of Exceptional Quality
A Dovetail Saw Of Exceptional Quality
A Drum Of Exceptional Quality
A Fletcher's Tools Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Arrow Fletching]
A Flour Sifter Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Sifter]
A Mapmaker's Pen Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Pen and Ink]
A Maul Of Exceptional Quality
A Pitchfork Of Exceptional Quality
A Potion Keg Of Exceptional Quality
A Rolling Pin Of Exceptional Quality
A Scribe's Pen Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Pen and Ink]
A Short Pants Of Exceptional Quality
A Skillet Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Frying Pan]
A Studded Tunic Of Exceptional Quality
A Tambourine Of Exceptional Quality [no tassel]
A Two Handed Axe Of Exceptional Quality [alt name: Two-handed Axe]

An Axle Of Exceptional Quality
A Barrel Hoops Of Exceptional Quality
A Barrel Lid Of Exceptional Quality
A Barrel Staves Of Exceptional Quality
A Barrel Tap Of Exceptional Quality
A Board Of Exceptional Quality
A Clock Frame Of Exceptional Quality
A Clock Parts Of Exceptional Quality
A Dragon Breastplate Of Exceptional Quality
A Dragon Gloves Of Exceptional Quality
A Dragon Helm Of Exceptional Quality
A Dragon Leggings Of Exceptional Quality
A Dragon Sleeves Of Exceptional Quality
A Gears Of Exceptional Quality
A Hinge Of Exceptional Quality
A Keg Of Exceptional Quality
A Kindling Of Exceptional Quality
An Oil Cloth Of Exceptional Quality
A Sextant Parts Of Exceptional Quality
A Springs Of Exceptional Quality
A Dull Copper Key Of Exceptional Quality
A Copper Key Of Exceptional Quality
A Bronze Key Of Exceptional Quality
An Agapite Key Of Exceptional Quality
A Verite Key Of Exceptional Quality
A Valorite Key Of Exceptional Quality

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Now that I look through the list, I believe I have three or four of those on the top list. I will check when I log later today and let you know.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
A studded tunic of exceptional quality (full suit) also have the studded bustier (full suit).
I have a two hand axe but it's OEQ not full title, not sure if that helps determine if one exists (it's also Verite).
Also have dragon breastplate and dragon leggings (blue in color) that are OEQ not full title, not sure if that helps determine either.
When I get some time I'll sift through my full title none armor/weapon items for the rest.
I hope this helps a little.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The OEQ came way later, so imho they're not useful for determining possible double ex items. I've updated A Studded Tunic Of Exceptional Quality. Also, does anyone have a list of possible faction crafted items? I'd guess that's the biggest (only?) list of items still missing here.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That'd be the one, thanks. I've updated the list to move it to confirmed-to-exist. :)