• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Double Checking on my Skill Gain Method

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, My Disco training appears to be alot slower than what I read on this forum. I can run the UOAssist routine for an hour and maybe get a tenth of a point. (Please don't tell me this is normal:sad2: ) I am running UOAssist with the typical routine. Cast Despair, select myself, pause, cast Despair, pause and repeat. This routine runs 40 times, then I restart. The only difference from my routine and the one posted on the forum is that I do not select the music instrument each time because it adds to many extra lines to UOAssist.

General Information:
Disco is at 95.6
Music locked at 100
Total skill points just under 500
Mana and hitpoint regen can handle the running of the routine
I move around to different areas
I use NPC bought instruments

Thanks, Katrena

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sounds like you have everything set up ok maybe try going out and discoing a few critters on top of it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
too many lines?

your uoassist macro can hold like 200 or 400 lines.
so there should be no problem adding in a line to change (refresh) your instrament every time and then a milisecond pause.

and from 90 to 120 your looking like 72 hours of training.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too many lines?

your uoassist macro can hold like 200 or 400 lines.
so there should be no problem adding in a line to change (refresh) your instrament every time and then a milisecond pause.

and from 90 to 120 your looking like 72 hours of training.
Is there an advantage to selecting the instrument everytime like you do in your macro?

I may not be setting up UOAssist properly. What I do is I go through the recording of the macro until the buffer is full. Then I remove one line at the bottom of the macro for every pause that I add. This way, when I have all pauses added, the buffer is full. So, as an example, lets say UOAssist holds 200 lines. My macro is 5 lines, so 200 lines / 5 = 40 times the macro will cast the Bard mastery for skill check before it ends. The macro that selects the instrument is 7 lines, so 200 lines / 7 = 28.57 times the macro will cast the Bard mastery for skill check before it ends. Unless there is a way to run UOAssist with a continual loop, it appears to be better to run the longer macro.

Another thing that has me confused is that one of the posts says to use Despair, because Tribulation dose not work. When I wasn't getting gains today, I tried Tribulation and actually started getting gains.

Thanks for all of the help and advice, Katrena

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
either spell will work.
its just that one uses less mana then the other.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in the process of training my second Bard now. Got my music up to 100 in an hour....Started with 50 disco and provo. Im doing the easy peace first as I really am not looking forward to the grind of the others. Boy I cant wait til 90 and I can torture myself with a new macro.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
either spell will work.
its just that one uses less mana then the other.
Thanks Poo, Will either of the Provocation Mastery spells work for training Provocation?

Katrena

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yup, again one uses less mana so that is the one u should probably aim for

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, Thanks to all of the great advice, I have now GM'ed Music, Peace, Provo, and Disco. For Piece, I just Area Peaced using the skill, no Masteries. I used the Bard Masteries to train Provo, and Disco and it worked great.

Thanks, Katrena

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For peace the mastery is actually a little quicker as the reload time is shorter with the spell, 2 seconds rather then the 6 seconds for the area peace.

And good job, welcome to the inner sanctum, we will have your robe and ID card made up for you right away