• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Puzzle - solo?

G

gilfoil

i've heard there is a way to solo the doom puzzle to get into the room but haven't figured it out....was just wondering if anyone had the answer....would really appreciate any info on this

thanks alot

=D

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've heard there is a way to solo the doom puzzle to get into the room but haven't figured it out....was just wondering if anyone had the answer....would really appreciate any info on this

thanks alot

=D
I've never heard about this, but i wonder if you told pets to all stay on the tiles and used teleknesis to throw the latches? Wouldnt work really, unless all the pets were bonded and only took one slot.

you can deff use teleknesis to throw the latches though. maybe thats what you heard? then you only need bodies to stand there and get crushed by rocks, and it requires 0 teamwork. speaking from exp, it can be hard to orginize some groups to be patient and wait their turn.

D

Duku

I already made a 3d in other sub.forum.. So it isnt necessary to be in a party of at least 5 people (each on a platform) to solve the puzzle, isnt it?

C

Corrupted Goblin

thanks alot

=D
5 accounts 5 computers boom soloing

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A party is not necessary, but it does help if there are others trying to get in the room also.
If you are in a party and you are the ST to trip a switch you can block others until timer runs out.
I have never found a way to do it solo.
The others only need to be place holders while cast on the switches.
If any spot is open you will not be able to complete the puzzle.

S

Smokey of LS

im a thief of 5 years, did the puzzle many many many times and i do believe you cant use pets, unless that changed, and yes telekinesis does work standin in the middle obviously cause you have to do it on the last switch to go in or have the person on the tile flip it. and you do have to be in party if your fighting another group or two to get in the room, otherwise the other group or even single person can try using your guys on the tiles.

P

packrat

i wouldn't put this past someone, but seems a big waste of accounts and computers just to do some silly puzzle.
The last time the gloves spawned I watched on guy do it with 5 characters. You could tell he was doing it all alone. Only one toon would move at a time and when he would rez them they wouldnt heal themselves. He did get the gloves on the second try. Im not sure what they are worth but im sure they are expensive.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I've seen him do it before Pack & you're right, 1 player 5 toons

Use to be upwards of 60 mil, now I think in the 30 + or - range

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive done this with a partner before, if you have 5 accounts its not that hard, as the others dont dissapear for 2 minutes you leave one on each square and telekenisis from the center, rezzing as needed. IF i could get 4 other people to help i would but why would anyone want to do that?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The need of 5 accounts to perform the puzzle is ridiculous with the decreased population, while some difficulty would be welcome instead of simply camp and steal an artie.
So the monsters spawning in that Gary Gygax memorial room should be able to reveal like Ophidian generals, but with reduced range. Its still too easy to camp there for Zyronic claw hidden, steal and invis again.
*Salute*
Olahorand