• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Doom gauntlet Warrior type?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
As I understant doom gauntlet has been made tougher than a few years ago. I have a sampire with leg. swords, leg archery, leg Bushido, 115 tact, 80 chiv, rest in resist. I wanted to revisit gauntlet..Wonder what is a good sampire temp to take there? Swords or archery also? undead slayer tali, undead sword, demon slayer sword etc? Any advice/insight apprecieted.
Aslo can gauntlet and DF be soloed nowdays?
Are tamers any good there with the new pets?
Tyvm..

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it can still be soloed with a sampire. the toughest room now probably is the one with the flesh renderers.

don't go to doom gauntlet without resist spells.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As I understant doom gauntlet has been made tougher than a few years ago. I have a sampire with leg. swords, leg archery, leg Bushido, 115 tact, 80 chiv, rest in resist. I wanted to revisit gauntlet..Wonder what is a good sampire temp to take there? Swords or archery also? undead slayer tali, undead sword, demon slayer sword etc? Any advice/insight apprecieted.
Aslo can gauntlet and DF be soloed nowdays?
Are tamers any good there with the new pets?
Tyvm..
Swords is ideal for onslaught damage boost. Undead and demon slayer talis + slayer weapons will get you to 300% damage modifier. It is pretty easy if you bring the right weapons. Look up each room and bring the appropriate double axe for the weakest resistance. Max is right. You want to have some resist spells against blood oath spams. Flesh renderer is the hardest boss to tackle...don't expect to live if you end up fighting two at once. It also paralyzes so a trap box is useful, although I didn't need it.

Btw, there is a res shrine in the NW room. Soloing doom would have been waaaaaay less painful had I known about that from the start LOL.

If you need more specific help, let me know.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, don't plan on using weapons with armor ignore. It doesn't work on most things down there. Use double strike instead.

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am not a fan of archery down there because of the additional spawn. 100% fire whirlwind weapon will help a lot with it. hit fire area is also not a bad choice even if You have only a demon slayer weapon and no cameo/trinket. Resisting spells helps a lot. I found out that even 80 is enough to ignore blood oath down there. Some people use AI weapon on DF - they make little less DPS than onslought+DS but get more damage per hit, so less hits so less additional spawn. It is really not hard to solo the whole doom. The flashrenderers are painful but easy. i am just switching the mastery to bushido for additional 15 mana there and don't even use specials to avoid losing too much mana when they turn yellow (i don't use chiv there, so the hits sux a lil bit on them, hard to leech mana back). But the best advice i would appreciate was to take a paroxy swamp or 23987 barding deeds for a swampie, a lot of other consumables if You use any and fully repaired suit. There's a lot of small hits waiting for you there so my biggest issue was low durability of the suit after 3 or 4 solo runs

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
oh and if You rely on honor use a rotting corpse as your main target and momentum strike to hit honored DF, easy way to build the honor up without risking a loss on a missed swings

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
and one more thing :)

Prepare for even 15-20 solo runs without a single drop :) I wasn't prepared for this on :)

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is possibly to repeatedly fight there until all armor broken and go home empty handed.

Vinicius Peres

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Welp just spent my first 4mil on a char to farm Doom and aparently its garbage now.
As an archer DF just switches target to me everytime and ~****s~me

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the strategy for the Flesh Render?
Double Strike + Onslaught?
How do you get him out of Yellow mode?

Do we just bone out off screen and wait for it to un-yellow? Was starting to think while I was hitting it, it was absorbing my damage until it comes out of yellow mode only to teleport onto me and drop all the damage that was being absorbed in a single blow back onto me!

Its seems to be quite fond of Swamp Dragon flesh and innards. Nearly makes a meal out of mine every time it pulls it out from under me. HAHA.

Be blessed!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What is the strategy for the Flesh Render?
Double Strike + Onslaught?
How do you get him out of Yellow mode?

Do we just bone out off screen and wait for it to un-yellow? Was starting to think while I was hitting it, it was absorbing my damage until it comes out of yellow mode only to teleport onto me and drop all the damage that was being absorbed in a single blow back onto me!

Its seems to be quite fond of Swamp Dragon flesh and innards. Nearly makes a meal out of mine every time it pulls it out from under me. HAHA.

Be blessed!
Leave swamp dragon outside. Fight flesh renderers one at a time.
I use a 100% Fire double axe, HLL, HML, HSL, balanced.
Carry trap box for paralyze.
Onslaught, DS, DS, etc until invun mode. Then I run a few steps, cure up, heal up, and wait. After I get hit, grefresh, onslaught, DS, DS, etc. Rinse and repeat.