• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Doom gauntlet and a tamer/bard...

QII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been wondering if a tamer/bard could be successful in the gaunlet of doom solo??

My tamer has music and disord, magery,med, taming, lore and vet. Any thoughts on if he would be successful trying the gauntlet solo??

Thanks

Z

Zero Day

I have been wondering if a tamer/bard could be successful in the gaunlet of doom solo??

My tamer has music and disord, magery,med, taming, lore and vet. Any thoughts on if he would be successful trying the gauntlet solo??

Thanks
If you can keep your dragon alive through all the fighting and damage dished out I don't see why not.
I'm not a very good tamer so Id say you may want to check the tamer forum for soloing doom info.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its possible, but you need to keep a TONNE of bandaids in your bank cause your gonna chew threw them fast.

everything but the DFs are easy for a disco tamer to solo.
DFs are just a pain cause of all the side spawn, but if you bring a knife and cut up the bones and he chucks them and you can still stay ontop of the bandaid healing and healing with spells ontop of that then your laughing.

course, if even one other person is in there it makes it 10000 times easier.
specially if its a sampire with a area effect.
then you can just tank with your dragon and vet for the win.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....course, if even one other person is in there it makes it 10000 times easier. specially if its a sampire with a area effect.
then you can just tank with your dragon and vet for the win.
Hey Poo.... It's been years since I've been to the gauntlet, so I don't remember much about the spawn. Could you expound on this ^^^^^ a bit more pls?

:confused:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sampires are pure damage dealers.
and most of them use leech weapons (mana and stamina) and get life leech back from being in vampire form (hence Sampire ((vampire + Samaria))) so most add a area effect onto thier weapon OR use a weapon that allows them to do area hits, so when they are fighting the DF they just toggle the area hit or the weapon will auto area hit if it is made with a area effect thus clearing out all the side spawn.

which, at the end of the day, makes it a lot easier for a disco tamer, cause then all you have to worry about is vetting your dragon.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Posted this response in another thread the OP started asking about this:

I've been soloing Doom on my Bard Tamer since about 6 months after it came out. Built the char specifically to do it.

Used to use Nightmare/WW combo, but now use Doggie. Don't use GD just because I don't like walking.

Template: Obviously has been tweaked over the years. Used to have poor resists and had to carry spellbook vs Staff of Magi, etc.

animal taming 110
animal lore 85 (110)
vet 100
magery 75 (100)
music 115 (120)
discord 120
provoke 115 (120)​

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Posted this response in another thread the OP started asking about this:

I've been soloing Doom on my Bard Tamer since about 6 months after it came out. Built the char specifically to do it.​
Used to use Nightmare/WW combo, but now use Doggie. Don't use GD just because I don't like walking.​
Template: Obviously has been tweaked over the years. Used to have poor resists and had to carry spellbook vs Staff of Magi, etc.​
animal taming 110​
animal lore 85 (110)​
vet 100​
magery 75 (100)​
music 115 (120)​
discord 120​
provoke 115 (120)​
haha, your showing your age!
what was AoS..... 9 years ago?

personal i take a greater.
you just cant beat the hits that a greater can take and deal out.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yep definately showing my age :thumbup:

Yeah GD are certainly stronger, but when you fail a provoke on a RC or worse a Lich Lord, being on foot could = death.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great info guys, thanks...
Question: Can the Dark Father be disco'd?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yep - Everything in Doom can be Discorded.

I forget the name of it, but that mini arti that is both a Demon and Undead instrument is great for Doom.

Z

Zero Day

I'd take provo personally since it will increase pets damage, and help keep them alive when I run the mastery, And you'll be using provo more than disco anyway.
The 10% provo bonus may be more useful than the 10% disco bonus. (and you still get 5% disco bonus from having the provo mastery,.)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your in there and there are allways packs of sampires in there hammering down the DFs fast then switch over to the disco mastery.
you will get higher looting rights / doom arty points that way.

but if your in alone switch back over to the provo one.
like mentioned above.
better stats on pets.