• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom arty drop rate changed?

C

Cysphruo

Haven't been to doom since they changed it where you are guaranteed artifacts, recently went back, i've done over 100 rounds and I get looting rights on everything but haven't got a single artifact...

did they change the drop system again/back? or am I just bugged? I paged a GM and they told me to send my situation info to the bug system email but I know thats not gonna help any, that system is junk.

P

packrat

Dont feel bad.. We went for four days average 4 hours a day and no one got any arty. Most of the time we were just a few of us. Once in a while a group would show up but leave after an hour or so... Our group never got an arty. We did the Dread Horn 6 times in 4 days and didn't get anything but the normal drop. Did Mel twice, got on neon hair dye. Did grizzle once and nothing. So don't feel too bad. it must be the drop rate changed.

C

Cysphruo

is anyone getting arties on a regular basis? if so are you wearing high luck?

i just find it odd they would switch it without telling us, please leave some feedback, ty.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol
i think you have a bugged char! =)

Arties in doom drops like rain!!!!! really!

I dont believe that peoples still pay so many millions for them...lol

they are so common now, and think about that all day, at every hour, there
are so many chars in doom, and arties drop like....rain? yes!

B

blust4

is anyone getting arties on a regular basis? if so are you wearing high luck?

i just find it odd they would switch it without telling us, please leave some feedback, ty.
When Doom arti dropping change comes out, I played my samuri character for about 7 days, 2 or 3 hours a day. I got 12 artifacts. After I got totem and jackal that I really want, I stopped going to Doom because it is too easy and kind of boring.

Last Sunday I returned to Doom because my tamer is training a new greater dragon and I need good points from Doom arti turn-in. I played about 3 or 4 hours and got an arti. On weekdays I can only play for 1 hour or so. This week I used the time on training my dragon only. Today (Saturday) I have longer play time so I bring my dragon back to doom. Since the dragon now fights better, I got my arti in about 1 hour. I think Doom arti dropping rate is very reasonable. Anyone doing damage can expect to get one every 1 to 4 hours depending how much damage your character can do. The tip is not afraid to die. If you only get out of hot zone only when your health bar is 1/2 full, you should be able to get the arti regularly.

C

Cysphruo

thats rediculous, there's no way for me to fix my character, a gm wont help and neither does the bug system thing, my character has a lot of time invested into it and i cant just start over, this is so lame.

i hit the df over 100 every hit and the other bosses for over 50, some over 100.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system scales so the higher up on the damage ladder you are, the more points you get. If you are not dishing out the damage then it will take quite a while before you get an artifact. Other players who do loads of damage will get perhaps 6-12 artifacts in the time it takes for you to get one.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Haven't been to doom since they changed it where you are guaranteed artifacts, recently went back, i've done over 100 rounds and I get looting rights on everything but haven't got a single artifact...

did they change the drop system again/back? or am I just bugged? I paged a GM and they told me to send my situation info to the bug system email but I know thats not gonna help any, that system is junk.
Well HA!
Suggestion 1) when asking for help ... follow instructions as given.

2) probably be easy to "self correct" ...here are the Known conditions.

Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
* Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
* Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.
* The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.
* Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points.

now ... can't tell from your post ...so gotta ask :"Solo"? "Party?" "Joiner?" (*ahem*)
"Template?"

P

PixelPusher

Personally, I went with a group Monday night, got an AoF, Hat of Magi and Jackels Collar in a few hours time. Went back Wednesday night (I believe) and got Voice of the Fallen King and a Braclet of Health in a few hours. On a discord tamer, using a greater dragon, just under 300 luck. When I can, I toss in my own Mind Blasts if I'm not mana dumping GH on the drag.

Monday night was the first time I've been in Doom in 2 years (took a 2 year vacation of sorts), before that I would go ALOT since the day it started and only got 2 arties in all that time reguardless of what character I used. I love the new system! :thumbup1:

S

SilentFoxXy

Pure Spellweaving Mage, Demon Slayer S/Book. Earth Ellies and Meteor Strike, rounded off with Word of Death doing 500 on DF, 2 hours in doom for 3 arties, session one, session 2 1 hour 2 arties incl HOM.

Pure Paladin, No Magics, Hitting for 100 with Blade of Righteous, tanking solidly for 4 hours, NO DROP, Session 2 3.5 hours NO DROP- 7.5 hours solid hard graft literally hitting every second, for zip.

Tamer, with greater, Few Fire bolts, 1 hour 2 arties incl AOF, session 2 2 hrs 3 arties incl Jackals.

Archer, hitting for 80s rapid fire, NEVER GOT AN ARTI in like 30 hours.

Seems to me its another case of tamer /Mage pwns the dungeon, and hard graft doest get get rewarded.

Answer, take a tamer or a mage, and let the summons/ Pet make em drop like cats n dogs from the skies, but for lords sake do not take a melee character as youll struggle to get anything...;)

S

Saris

I am a dexer and doom gives me good drop rate about 3 every 2 or 3 hours.

Z

Zodiac19

I was in there for about three hours the other night and got zip. nada, zero. Oh yea i've never gotten an arti out of doom. I've done mage, archer and tamer, doom hates me.

J

jelinidas

Bracelet of health last night. I play an archer with 400 luck. I usually get one every 2-3 rounds.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I'm out looking for artifacts, I usually go through extended periods of times with absolutely nothing to show for my efforts. Then, lightning strikes. Then it strikes again.

The worst (or the best) was with the ML artifacts, where I went for months of killing Miasma at least a couple hours a week and never saw anything. Then in one hour, I got 8 drops. Too bad they were all worthless.

The same thing seems to be happening to me in Doom, but I spend less time there. I haven't seen any artifact drops in Doom, but I have found a couple of set pieces on the corpses.

Anyhow, the law of averages still applies, even if you're having no luck now. It will certainly pick up later.

P

PixelPusher

I haven't seen any artifact drops in Doom, but I have found a couple of set pieces on the corpses.
:lol:
Just the opposite for me. I keep hearing the set pieces drop on the gauntlet bosses, but I have yet to see one part.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I go to doom fairly often last night I was there with only 2 other archers and sometimes a very poor mage... I was there likely 4 hours got nothing..... Other times I've been there on the same archer... gotten an arti every time... the last two times though I've gone no arti at all...... My archer does anywhere from 150 to 250 a shot ..... every 1.5.... to 2 seconds. Unless there is a tamer or a spellweaver around doing word of death I can pretty much bet that I'm definatly doing close to the top damage on the DF... One of the ones last night I practicly solo'd for all intensive purposes as everyone else seemed to be concentrating more on spawn than the DF..... so I know I was the top attacker... the chance is random... not a guarentee... no matter what.... I'm sure I gained a bunch of points.... that's for sure. But the rate of gain was far, far lower than usual as in the 4 hours we were there we only went one full round and did 2 rounds of Dark Fathers... Since it took far longer to take them down.... I do much better when there is a fuller compliment of folk there and we are doing a full round every 30 min or so.... Sure soloing can be done... but it takes a very very long time you don't get any more points out of it so personally I'd rather be doing it when there were alot more people on board.

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that looks similar to my experience, even if I did not complete 100 rounds.

Maybe, that possible bug, which caused some characters (accounts?) in the past to collect lots of arties, while other got noting in a long time, is still well hidden and alive in the code.

So if your chances due to the point system increase to 99% - from 0 it is not better than the old rate of maybe 0.1% from 0.

Thats only my feeling, wild speculation after several rounds with archer and tamer.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Me and my friend are the same way... neither of us get arties.. or about 1 every 20-something rounds. And we both play bushido dexxors; and hit 90-110 + criticals per hit.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system scales so the higher up on the damage ladder you are, the more points you get. If you are not dishing out the damage then it will take quite a while before you get an artifact. Other players who do loads of damage will get perhaps 6-12 artifacts in the time it takes for you to get one.
What about soloing or two-manning? Should it still take 20+ rounds? before just one of us gets an arty? I have to agree something is wrong with some characters.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about soloing or two-manning? Should it still take 20+ rounds? before just one of us gets an arty? I have to agree something is wrong with some characters.
I'm only doing about 65-70 damage each swing to the DF with my warrior. I usually get an artifact every 3 rounds or so. I will say that it's been a long time since I received an artifact from the DF. Most of the ones I get come from the sub-bosses. With just the 2 of you doing the killing, it seems like one of you should be getting an artifact every round. Have you tried using a different character?

G

galefan2004

I think I must have done 100 or more peerless last month and no CC. So, if law of averages are working against me like they do in all games (raided in WoW for 4 months not getting the weapon I needed before I said screw it) then I might see another CC before the game servers shut down. The weird thing is that back when they first came out my old account (which I dumped) had 2 CCs on it that I looted myself in about a week.

G

galefan2004

Answer, take a tamer or a mage, and let the summons/ Pet make em drop like cats n dogs from the skies, but for lords sake do not take a melee character as youll struggle to get anything...;)
Or take a samarai paladin archer. Its been a long time since tamers dominated the damage charts. Meleers/archers now destroy the damage charts over both mages and tamers.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch, 100 rounds with no artie. I took my tamer once and it was 11 rounds before I got an artie so I promptly took her out and brought my archer back in. He has dry spells here and there, but normally gets an artie about every 2 to 3 rounds. That goes up often to 3 to 5 if not many people on but it has been holding pretty constant so far.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could be bugged or else the RNG really pooped out on you. Seen both happen in one way or another before! Either way good luck on getting arties from here on out!

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a bugged character also........ i was in doom with him for about........ 6 months and never got a arti......

S

Scratch

dexxers do the most damage
tamers mages and archers make a mess of doom
me and two dexxers can kill a df with a single death
and there is lil spawn to contend with since we arent running around like idiots

you want arties?
makes a dexxer.......end of story
i go for two or three hours at a time and i leave with at least two arties
and they are usually good ones
no luck needed as i only have 95

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dexxers do the most damage
tamers mages and archers make a mess of doom
me and two dexxers can kill a df with a single death
and there is lil spawn to contend with since we arent running around like idiots

you want arties?
makes a dexxer.......end of story
i go for two or three hours at a time and i leave with at least two arties
and they are usually good ones
no luck needed as i only have 95
Vs. DF I do 200+ dmg per flamestrike, and 1000+ dmg with arcane empowerment, treeform, and WOD. In essence I disagree about the dexer being the most powerful. :)

Temp is a necro mage weaver with max SDI and the correct slayer books. Last trip to doom recieved two arties in less than two hours. With 20+ people in doom there was not one boss creature that I didnt recieve looting right to. (ranged attacks and area effects.)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm only doing about 65-70 damage each swing to the DF with my warrior. I usually get an artifact every 3 rounds or so. I will say that it's been a long time since I received an artifact from the DF. Most of the ones I get come from the sub-bosses. With just the 2 of you doing the killing, it seems like one of you should be getting an artifact every round. Have you tried using a different character?

We are only getting them about every 20ish rounds... It's like it's all the characters on that account -- I really would like an arty every other round.

L

Loqucious

I have found some strange difference in the drops I recieve. On my char in Napa I found I would get an arty about every 12 to 15 rounds, but on my char on ATL (approximately the same amount of players killing the DF) it drops much slower, probably around 20 to 25 rounds.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found some strange difference in the drops I recieve. On my char in Napa I found I would get an arty about every 12 to 15 rounds, but on my char on ATL (approximately the same amount of players killing the DF) it drops much slower, probably around 20 to 25 rounds.
Same account or different account?